Match Thread: April 13, 2024 - Atletico Ottawa v York United

3 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

That's honestly fairly healthy in the conditions today, especially since ATO's greatest challenge (Ottawa's public transit suck and it takes an eternity to get to Landsdowne if you don't live close to downtown AND parking in landsdowne isn't exactly easy either) is especially an issue for days like today, when the motivation to go in person is weaker.

Edited by phil03

9 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

One number is how many he thought were actually there in poor weather and the other is almost certainly a tickets distributed number so nothing unexpected about that discrepancy on crowd size.

No, the number is directly from the Director of Communications at the postgame press conference. 

Nothing ‘thought’ about it. Jeezuz. 

Edited by gwsmith63

30 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

No, the number is directly from the Director of Communications at the postgame press conference. 

Nothing ‘thought’ about it. Jeezuz. 

What on earth is your problem with the Jeezuz stuff? The 2500 number came from jordan who was a fan at the game estimating the crowd based on what he could see. Nothing I just wrote contradicted your 4059 number in any way.

It was raining and -2C with the wind chill and the club even tweeted they would give fans tickets for another game if the weather ruined the experience for them but still the notion that not every ticket distributed necessarily turns into a bum in seat seems to be too much for some on here to grasp. Doubt there's any basis for a rational conversation.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

What on earth is your problem with the Jeezuz stuff? The 2500 number came from jordan who was a fan at the game estimating the crowd based on what he could see. Nothing I just wrote contradicted your 4059 number in any way.

The number is 4049 and the Jeezuz was just my final realization (as hard as I have tried not to) that I give in and agree with most on here. 

Edited by gwsmith63

York needs to have a winning season , as bad as the attendance has been with the team since they started , we have never seen what a top of the league or very close to top of the league York United  would do to getting more people in the seats .  I give this new ownership group 2 to 3 years tops before they start thinking about selling .  Hopefully they can put a team together and start vying for top spot soon .

10 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The one where he failed to pass it square across the top of the box to a wide open team mate I would assume. If so I can understand Martin Nash's angst.

It likely would have killed off the game 

2 hours ago, jordan said:

It likely would have killed off the game 

In all honesty, the game should have been killed off by half-time. 

Ricci, Wright shot from 6 yards out and whoever had their shot deflected for Ingham to make a terrific save should have seen York out of sight.  

Edited by gwsmith63