League1 Alberta 2024

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I'm pretty sure they are? If L1BC does, so should they.

It was still not clear at the end of L1BCs first season, I know this because I asked Dino at the L1 final. In fact the original argument was against it. Then it was renegotiated, I think the BCSA played a role. So here it should be the Alberta SA who insists, citing the BC precedent. 

I am fully in favour of it.

25 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It was still not clear at the end of L1BCs first season, I know this because I asked Dino at the L1 final. In fact the original argument was against it. Then it was renegotiated, I think the BCSA played a role. So here it should be the Alberta SA who insists, citing the BC precedent. 

I am fully in favour of it.

I know, it definitely wasn't confirmed initially. They'll likely never admit it, but I think they wanted to see who "qualified" first. When it was TSS (the largest club in L1 outside of the Whitecaps academy), they were granted the spot.

2 hours ago, narduch said:

I'm looking forward to them 'drawing' Cavalry 

If Cavalry U21 win L1AB and are entered into the Cdn Championship they would not be allowed to play Cavalry, right?

Just now, K Edgar said:

If Cavalry U21 win L1AB and are entered into the Cdn Championship they would not be allowed to play Cavalry, right?

I'm making up rules as I go but I assume U21/B teams cannot qualify for Canadian Championship. I think this was clarified when TFC had a team in L1O, or was clarified recently regarding them.

5 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

I don't think they can qualify at all.

Whitecaps won League 1 BC last year. They gave the spot to Highlanders

25 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

I think they can't play, reason why the Highlanders replacement in the V-Cup from BC is not the Whitecaps team. It's TSS as league runner up.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 4/19/2024 at 2:38 PM, narduch said:

I don't think they can qualify at all.

Whitecaps won League 1 BC last year. They gave the spot to Highlanders

The CC spot last year was announced ahead of time that it would go to the L1BC Regular Season winner, not the Playoff winner. So it was always going to be the Highlanders who won the regular season. It wasn't given to them because the Whitecaps , who won the playoffs, were ineligible (even though they probably are ineligible).