Match Thread: CONCACAF Champions Cup - Round 1 - Leg 1: Cavalry v Orlando City (USA) - February 21, 2024

Match is at 7pm PT (8pm MT, 10pm ET) on One Soccer.

Game will be played at Starlight Stadium in Langford, BC

CPL regular season champions are set to make their CCC debut.

The 2 teams have never faced eachother.

This will be the first ever official match between a CPL team and an American MLS team.

13 minutes ago, to70 said:

It would not have surprised me if they did that with one of the Canadian MLS teams, but to designate a CPL team with an American flag is sad/hillarious.

He also appears to believe the Yanks have annexed Starlight Stadium but, hey, it's just some person on twitter.

I'd love to see an upset but I suspect something like 2-1 for Orlando tonight.  I hope the fans turn out for Calgary.

I would be surprised to see as many at Starlight as for the Caps game, but who knows. I’m not going to this one, but a Peruvian-Canadian teammate of mine is skipping our scrimmage to support Orlando (Gallese + one other Peruvian).  Any travelling Calgary support here in town today?

15 minutes ago, shorty said:

I would be surprised to see as many at Starlight as for the Caps game, but who knows. I’m not going to this one, but a Peruvian-Canadian teammate of mine is skipping our scrimmage to support Orlando (Gallese + one other Peruvian).  Any travelling Calgary support here in town today?

Looks like they'll be around 2500 people there. Not terrible but you couldn't expect much

10 minutes ago, shorty said:

I’m actually impressed if it’s 2500 for a game with no local team and not a lot of “draw” in the form of star players or club. 

I just checked again and I would think a bit more actually 

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I just checked again and I would think a bit more actually 

I'd be happy to see that if accurate. But I feel like Wednesday night games even for Pacific draw around that much in the summer, I'd be surprised if Cavalry vs Orlando draw that much in February. Remember, grey dots on ticketmaster don't mean sold seats. They mean sold or not yet for sale.

Fingers crossed that you are right though.