Chituru Odunze

Ed_S

Chituru Odunze has joined Charlotte FC on loan from Leicester. Although capped at the youth level by the USA, Chituru is eligible to play for Nigeria, England and Canada if he were to make a one-time switch. He played youth soccer here in Calgary and was later in the Whitecaps Academy prior to going to Leicester in 2019. Looks like he will be with the MLS Next Pro team Crown Legacy FC the Charlotte affliiate. He is just 20 and is a massive goalkeeper at 6'7" and over 200lb.

Edited by Ed_S

• 2 months later...

Odunze was selected to USA's Pan-American Games U23 roster. This is essentially a B-team Olympic prep squad as they are holding an A-team Olympic camp in the US. USSF lists his hometown as London rather than Calgary or Vancouver

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2023/10/eighteen-players-selected-to-represent-usa-at-2023-panamerican-games-in-first-appearance-since-2007

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Fullback said:

Just signed with Charlotte’s first team. I really doubt he ever suits up for us but you never know

I am less doubtful. This guy spends a lot of time in Western Canada and is close with a lot of Canadians players including the Adekugbes, Pepple, Amedume. I bet if we called him up for the senior team he accepts. 

The US has so many young goalies, a MLS keeper is hardly a blip for them.