Match Thread: April 15, 2023 - Atletico Ottawa v HFX Wanderers

Only XI surprises for me on the Halifax side are Nimick in over Campagna. Also not entirely sure how they're going to look. Looks like 5 defenders (I would have expected Timoteo instead of Ferrazzo) so I'm not sure who is pushing forward. Excited to see how they play!

11 minutes ago, Senorpopps said:

Can anyone at the game give an idea of what the attendance looks like?

People at the game will be too busy doing other things like watching the game and drinking a beer to be on their phones and you get better angles to judge with the stream anyway. Likely 5000+ as the normal active part of the stadium is clearly close to full and there is a fair sized number on the far side as well. It's pay what you want for the opener so that's expected.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

27 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

People at the game will be too busy doing other things like watching the game and drinking a beer to be on their phones and you get better angles to judge with the stream anyway. Likely 5000+ as the normal active part of the stadium is clearly close to full and there is a fair sized number on the far side as well. It's pay what you want for the opener so that's expected.

They call it that, but I heard there are $20-30 minimums on most sections

18 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Was a bit surprised Atletico signed Salter. Doesn't seem like the sort of player that fits their style of play. Penalty box poacher rather than a guy that can fit a style that emphasized patient possession was my impression but maybe I am missing something.

I don't disagree. Watched Salter a lot last year and I always felt he was someone who benefited from the fact that we had no one else, as opposed to someone who stood out, if you know what I mean. 

Happy with this Halifax performance. Lorenzo looks great. Very happy to see Fernandez score although I don't know if I'm sold on him up top all season long. I think there are lots of positives and lots of upside for the Wanderers. Pleased with many of our new signings.