Match Thread: CONCACAF U-17, Group Stage: Canada v Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, February 11, 2023 - 2pm PT/5pm ET

narduch

3 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

My fav Canada u17 team is definitely the one from 2011. That was our breakthrough year. Probably our most talented team, too. 

Keven Aleman's coming out party.

Stupidly my favourite U17 team is always the most recent one.  Until they break my heart.

2017 was a good one though.  Carried by the offensive juggernaut that is Noble Okello.  Should've done so much better.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Keven Aleman's coming out party.

Stupidly my favourite U17 team is always the most recent one.  Until they break my heart.

2017 was a good one though.  Carried by the offensive juggernaut that is Noble Okello.  Should've done so much better.

Keven Aleman and Sergio Camargo were eventually supposed to take us to the world cup (it was an article in the Globe and Mail).

Halftime thoughts:

Biello's kid is pretty tidy.  He could be a gamer.

Stefanovic pretty good at the back.

Will be interesting to watch Chukwu develop.  Would be nice if a respected European academy took him under their wing and developed his game, because he certainly has the size.

N'Diaye has gotta stop with the fucking backheels.

We still have no idea how to break down a low block, even with the other team down a man.

Very sloppy at times but it is the 1st game for a bunch of 17 year olds, there were some nice passages of play but our final shot or cross was letting us down! Hopefully we show a little more accuracy in the 2nd half because despite the balance of play and being a man up the longer this stays a one goal game, the more many of us will expect to concede an equalizer against the run of play!

My view at half time is Biello and Ndiaye are a step above everyone else and I look forward to their development. De Montigny at left back looks class as well.  Those 3 impact players seem the best of the lot. I also thought Badwal in midfield had some good moments.  The rest seem meh but it’s difficult to tell much about the back 3 and keeper as they have had no pressure. I guess we will no better about them when we face the US.