Match Thread: June 25, 2022 - Pacific v HFX Wanderers

25 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Can you not hire a couple journalist students or something to do a halftime show? Instead of showing a bunch of random goals from random games?

Edited by Cheeta

26 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Can you not hire a couple journalist students or something to do a halftime show? Instead of showing a bunch of random goals from random games?

Edited by Cheeta

24 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

It really wouldn't be that difficult to put together a highlight and commentary combo to chew up some minutes.  Nothing serious, keep it light.  Have fun.  Could recycle it for the other matches.

If it was up to me sock puppets would be involved.

Hey, I'd watch!

Awful execution and decision making by the home side.  The final sub window should have included Stewie the Grimace Starfish on for someone.  The plethora of kids at the game would have loved it and Kristian Jack could have interviewed post game.

9 hours ago, Lurker said:

Dada-Luke seems like someone who has a future above the CPL, there must be some interest in him.  I've seen him a few times now and his speed + size is a great combination.

I see him as a Marvel Wynne-type.  He might be able to take his game to the next level.

Frankly, I saw quite a few one trick ponies out there today, notably some of the more hyped offensive types.  There is a predictibility in their play which makes you realize they are at or at least very close to their ceiling of development.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:15 PM, Lurker said:

Dada-Luke seems like someone who has a future above the CPL, there must be some interest in him.  I've seen him a few times now and his speed + size is a great combination.

I disagree. I don't see anything other than size and speed. He's gonna need to develop more than that if he wants to play at a higher level.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:48 AM, BearcatSA said:
On 6/25/2022 at 6:15 PM, Lurker said:

Expand  

I see him as a Marvel Wynne-type.  He might be able to take his game to the next level.

Agree with both these sentiments. I think he has a potentially high ceiling. Certainly the Marvell Wynne pace and build etc but already I think a better touch than MW ever had. I also see his teammates complaining at him for defensive positioning and letdowns so I wonder at his teachability, tactical acumen and ability to stick to a tactical plan. That coupled with his “KDL” headband makes me think he might overestimate himself. Here’s hoping though. Of all the current PFC players he’s the one with the right age and ceiling to possibly move up. The others I think are too late in their careers to move up or already at the right level, as others have suggested. 

Maybe Habibullah but I actually haven’t been impressed sadly. Wanted to be. 

Edited by shorty