Pacific FC - 2022 Season

ted

1 hour ago, StillOnFire said:

A downgrade on Diaz. Probably be adequate enough for the rest of the season. I think it shows the league has progressed from season one. He had a lot of fanfare when he signed for Calgary. 

I guess it depends what you consider adequate. I'd hoped to advance in CONCACAF, retain home playoff matches, and win a Champions League spot. We'll now never know if the squad could've done all that, but we've already seen a major setback in quality. Maybe Brown helps, I hope he does, but it's almost too late already at this point. 

44 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

I’ve really enjoyed seeing the development of Sean Young this season. Still only 21, the local boy is earning his minutes

Me too.  I've noticed he's more savvy but he's also filling out and getting stronger on the ball.

46 minutes ago, shorty said:

Me too.  I've noticed he's more savvy but he's also filling out and getting stronger on the ball.

The versatility really helps. He can play in the centre, but I've preferred him out wide. Plays in the mid but can play in the back even.  I wouldn't be surprised if his growth made way for Baldisimo moving.

The local young player sometimes feels like a token signing in the CPL, but Sean's rightfully pushing some guys with impressive backgrounds to the bench. 

Edited by Pottsy3

On another note, Paul Amedume has now started 17 of 21 matches for North Texas this season in MLS Next Pro. The side is currently sitting in 4th place in the overall league table. I have to imagine they are strongly considering exercising his purchase option.

Sean Young just keeps getting better. I wish we had a few more like him.  Toussaint was good last night, but the Baldisimo loan feels suspiciously like we're clearing house of all former Vancouver/Whitecaps players. They'll all be on Rob's Vancouver team soon. We used to have a bunch of players from the lower mainland, but now since the new team was announced we seem to be getting rid of them. 

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, ted said:

Well, I sure hope he fits in soon. The Ottawa defence had his number all game this weekend. :(

They have it all wrong. Someone needs to tell him to standout not fit in with the post Diaz toothless attack. 

He was fine for Cavalry but he has got older at a lower level since. Seems a little like a panic grab anyone available for Pacific. I get the CPL experience factor but would have hoped for better. Hope he clicks soon!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Next match vs Edmonton is no excuses. Others are dropping points where they shouldn't, we can't afford to.

Hey, I'm confused. Aren't semis home and away? Or a single match? I think I have seen contradictory schedules.

I had a look at the website, and it looks like the semis are now home and away, while the final is a single match. That must have changed since last season, as I don't think we've ever hosted a playoff match.

23 hours ago, Aird25 said:

That was a big win for us that's likely fallen under the radar due to timing. We're now well positioned again to make the playoffs and hopefully earn our first home playoff match. There's still lots to play for in our final 3 games

Don't undersell it. You've essentially clinched. Valour aren't making up the difference without a home game.

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Don't undersell it. You've essentially clinched. Valour aren't making up the difference without a home game.

I'm not trying to undersell it. That was a very important win in our season, and another example of how important Aparicio has been for this team. We've only lost twice (8-2-3) with him in the lineup, and one of those losses was after he got the red card less than 30 minutes into the game. I think we'd be well clear if not for his suspensions and selling Diaz

47 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Come on @jonovision, don't give up hope yet!  Wait til Sunday around 3pm when Valour's futile offense extinguishes our final glimmer of hope... 

Edited by K Edgar

6 hours ago, jonovision said:

I'm a Pacific fan but I am really enjoying the way the end of season is playing out, down to the wire. I am counting Valour as still in, and frankly I like it better that way. We have had 7/8 teams mathematically close to the playoffs until the end of September. 

I'd even be happy to see Valour slip past someone, for the joy and tears all around, as long as it's not us.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm a Pacific fan but I am really enjoying the way the end of season is playing out, down to the wire. I am counting Valour as still in, and frankly I like it better that way. We have had 7/8 teams mathematically close to the playoffs until the end of September. 

I'd even be happy to see Valour slip past someone, for the joy and tears all around, as long as it's not us.

Finals will be interesting as well, there is no clear frontrunner.