AWAY TRIPS: Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to which games

• Honduras
    • El Salvador
    • Costa Rica
    • Panama

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

What fiasco? (Do you just mean about the COVID testing in Jamaica)

Yes, I'm not sure what the consequences/sanctions FIFA would impose, if in fact true.  My ultimate fear is that sanctions are applied to CRC ( ie: fine, point deduction, no fans in next home game). 

My best case scenario is it becomes a "false accusation", typical Concacaf scandal and everything goes away.

21 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Yes, I'm not sure what the consequences/sanctions FIFA would impose, if in fact true.  My ultimate fear is that sanctions are applied to CRC ( ie: fine, point deduction, no fans in next home game). 

My best case scenario is it becomes a "false accusation", typical Concacaf scandal and everything goes away.

I think it would either be nothing (if there isn’t a big issue about ineligible players) or a points deduction (which seems like the appropriate response if they had a competitive advantage by fielding ineligible players).  I can’t see a stadium ban since that is more fan-directed.   

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think it would either be nothing (if there isn’t a big issue about ineligible players) or a points deduction (which seems like the appropriate response if they had a competitive advantage by fielding ineligible players).  I can’t see a stadium ban since that is more fan-directed.   

I agree about the nothing part. The fans banned at home game is quite common ( ie: Mexico this cycle, UEFA qualifying games). It punishes the Federation from a revenue perspective and takes away the home field advantage. 

I honestly lost track of this entire covid scandal, was distracted with the high of the Canada win plus been a very busy busy work week for me. 

I am going to do some digging now on the merits...

Costa Rica's position below according to S.I.... so that's good, hopefully nothing. 

https://www.si.com/soccer/2022/02/03/costa-rica-world-cup-covid-positive-player-jamaica

Edited by apbsmith
link added

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jdrw35 said:

Fairly new to this group. What is the process for getting tickets to the Costa Rica and Panama games? Are we waiting for someone to provide a link to buy tickets?

We are currently sold out of them at 200.

Waiting to hear back from the CFF if they will give us more.

JM

The Canadian government is announcing today that the requirement for a PCR test ahead of your return to Canada for the vaccinated is no longer needed. This takes on thing off the table to worry about for those traveling. When I was in New York in the fall it was such a relief when my result came back quite quickly, really gave me a peace of mind when it did. 

5 minutes ago, Cblake said:

The Canadian government is announcing today that the requirement for a PCR test ahead of your return to Canada for the vaccinated is no longer needed. This takes on thing off the table to worry about for those traveling. When I was in New York in the fall it was such a relief when my result came back quite quickly, really gave me a peace of mind when it did. 

Rapid test still required.

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

Yep, but that is nothing to waiting for your PCR results, Rapid tests can be done on the fly in 15 minutes onsite. Will ease things up for sure. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you’re double vaccinated, to get into Costa Rica that’s all you need.  Don’t think you need a rapid test if you’re not flying through the States.  Panama I believe you do need a rapid test 

21 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you’re double vaccinated, to get into Costa Rica that’s all you need.  Don’t think you need a rapid test if you’re not flying through the States.  Panama I believe you do need a rapid test 

There is no testing requirement for tourists traveling into Costa Rica. All the details are here.

https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa-rica/planning-your-trip/entry-requirements

• 1 month later...
Just now, jdrw35 said:

Ok thanks. If anyone has an idea of what time the Canadian supporters will arrive for the game let me know. Is 6:00 too early?

No..don’t get there too late. Security will be looking at QR codes to get everyone in. Long lineups similar to the Panama game is expected. Expect many to show up between 5:30 and 6:00