2019 Voyageurs MNT Player of the Year

Stryker911

^  Awesome isn't it?  Had Osorio on my list for 3rd.  Arfield for me at the end of the day though but it was tough.

We all have our own metrics, blending this and that into a final decision.  I put Davies on top just for the media exposure he's generated.  Which may seem vain but isn't an unimportant consideration to my mind.  Otherwise David's results in a Canada kit this past year are just spectacular.  Takes something very special to trump that, even by the thinnest of margins.  

I went with David (by a hair) over Davies but I could have gone either way and kind of feel that Davies might be more than just the POTY next year and beyond (possible Lou Marsh? even in a summer Olympic year, but that's getting a mile ahead of myself).  Third place was really tough but I chose Kaye because I really felt his injury undermined the LAFC playoff run after their excellent season in MLS.  He was terrific for that team and was highly valued by their present coaching staff and former assistant coach (MDS).  Arfield was a close fourth.  I usually vote for Borjan in the top three or four but I didn't this time around, even with his CL appearances with Red Star.  Crepeau came in way above my expectations with the Caps and would have been in that grouping, as well.  Cavallini was also in that next level echelon, ditto Hoillet.   So pretty tough voting for third place and below, for sure.