York 9 FC Season Thread 2019

My thoughts from the CPL game between Forge FC and York 9 FC on the personal level.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19york086.htm

I turned down an offer to see a special screening of the Avengers movie to attend this game. Then I have to replace my old car on three days notice and leave the lot with a '13 Dodge Avenger!  

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna through my previous criticisms in the trash and say that they should *at least* be charging $15 for the middle sections.  I guess they don't want to run the risk of not packing the house though.

Also the actual York9 season thread is here: https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums/topic/76644-york9-2019-season-thread/

Edited by Gopherbashi

I like Emilio Estevez, he brings a plucky performance whenever he is on the field.

On the other hand Simon Adjei is a lame duck forward. A waste of an international spot, needs to fly the coop back to Sweden. His performance puts me in a fowl mood.

A lot of the import signings like that one were from small semi-pro teams that even locals probably don't take seriously. That looked a bit bizarre at the time they were announced given it was unlikely they were coming in from a level of soccer that was significantly better in quality than the top semi-pro and amateur leagues we have in Canada like L1O, PLSQ and VMSL. Think they can afford to tighten up the import rules a bit further to an original CSL style three per team and go for quality not quantity. Sooner Cyrus Rollocks gets the game time with Y9, or in Winnipeg Tyler Attardo who definitely looked the part scoring the goal in the last game gets the playing time rather than Simon Hoyle.

Hopefully the two threads get merged.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot