Goal scoring record

Alex

Of course 10 years is far far away and anything can happen, but seeing as what we know now. David is on track to be one of the best canadians of all time. I see Phonzie as more of a provider so thats why i’ll give David the nod.

I mean it’s almost impossible to predict, if we base it off current form I’ll assume David will eventually break it but who knows maybe someone will appear in a years time and he will become the leading scorer. It could also be ballou or Millar depending on how they progress at their clubs as they are both at massive clubs in Barcelona and Liverpool. And who knows maybe Larin will regain form and push through and be able to take the top spot.

Combination of window of opportunity based on current age, and form/pace, and likely number of games per year all suggest David and Davies as the only likely candidates. Larin maybe, if he sorted his s@&$ out because he’s sitting at 8 but not in his current form. Cavallini doesn’t have the window of opportunity left — 6 years maybe. This would be way harder to handicap if we suddenly started to play two games in most windows. As it is I was tempted to say Dero but went with David. With League A on the horizon, games are going to get harder and goals will come, but not in USVI abundance.  ?

I figure, though, that David is good for 2 goals a year at least until he’s 30-ish, provides he stays healthy (knock on wood). 

It's hard not to pick David having seen what we have from him with Canada and in highlights from Gent. He's not a better player than Davies (at least yet) but due to the positions he plays is more likely to get goal scoring opportunities. And David's best feature as a goalscorer, unlike most players we're used to watching with Canada, is his composure in front of goal which is frankly astonishing for a teenager in his first season of professional football.

Larin figuring things out is the other possibility but at this point seems less likely.

Archived