Football Manager 19 - Canadian Megapatch

After being unable to fix the steam workshop issue, I have uploaded the Canadian Megapatch for FM19 to https://goo.gl/ch7vNY

The biggest update yet!

11 May 2019 Changes (3.0)
-Head-to-head match-ups between FCE, Valour, and Forge now determine CL qualifications (credit to modelcitizen)
-Faces for each CanPL player and staff added (credit to workthespace, stevieg42)
-Stadium photos (credit to workthespace)
-AMSL with Cavalry and Edmonton U21 now playable
-Added PCSL, MMSL, L1O Reserves, NSSL
-Roster updates
-Staff updates (including L1O/PLSQ)
-Hundreds of minor tweaks to improve long-term play-throughs

As with previous installments, the Canadian Megapatch adds the Canadian pyramid to Football Manager 19, with the forthcoming Canadian Premier League, an expanded Voyageurs Cup, League 1 Ontario, and Première Ligue de soccer du Québec. 

Other features:
-Players currently on trial at Cavalry FC, FC Edmonton, and HFX Wanderers are signed to non-contract deals at their respective teams - as per 'prospect' friendly rosters
-Full rosters for all Canadian PDL, L1O, PLSQ teams - for a total of over 600 new players!
-Staff for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ teams
-Canadian referees
-Canadian media sources and prominent soccer journalists
-Over 100 Canadian university coaches and physios to increase available staff
-Added missing L1O, PLSQ, PCSL stadia
-CanPL and Voyageur Cup winners qualify for CONCACAF Champions League

-Concacaf Champion's League approximates the real set-up, but I had to simplify things after having trouble getting the Caribbean Cup and "CONCACAF League" (not to be confused with CCL) to work. Instead, top Caribbean teams and two of the lower ranked Central American teams will play in the first round before the bigger nations enter. It also unfortunately, messes up Mexican CCL qualifications. As a stop-gap, only the champions and runners-up of the Closing Tournament qualify, with the other two being randomly drawn.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

cdnmegapatch.jpg

cdnmegapatch.jpg.847450b52aae8842eceb1126dea88b75.jpg

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

5 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

Nice. Will you be adding CS Monteuil to PLSQ?

The team was confirmed for the 2019 season a while ago: http://plsq.ca/actualites/le-cs-monteuil-se-joindra-a-la-pslq-masculine-en-2019

No updates since mind you, but that isn't unusual for PLSQ.

I completely missed that news! Thanks for letting me know. I will add it in my next update, which might come out in a month or so.

19 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17ophimMDqmWoA_qXvXp-xmfhUa4IRxId

As with previous installments, the Canadian Megapatch adds the Canadian pyramid to Football Manager 19, with the forthcoming Canadian Premier League, an expanded Voyageurs Cup, League 1 Ontario, and Première Ligue de soccer du Québec. 

Other features:
-Players currently on trial at Cavalry FC, FC Edmonton, and HFX Wanderers are signed to non-contract deals at their respective teams - as per 'prospect' friendly rosters
-Full rosters for all Canadian PDL, L1O, PLSQ teams - for a total of over 600 new players!
-Staff for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ teams
-Canadian referees
-Canadian media sources and prominent soccer journalists
-Over 100 Canadian university coaches and physios to increase available staff
-Added missing L1O, PLSQ, PCSL stadia
-CanPL and Voyageur Cup winners qualify for CONCACAF Champions League

-Concacaf Champion's League approximates the real set-up, but I had to simplify things after having trouble getting the Caribbean Cup and "CONCACAF League" (not to be confused with CCL) to work. Instead, top Caribbean teams and two of the lower ranked Central American teams will play in the first round before the bigger nations enter. It also unfortunately, messes up Mexican CCL qualifications. As a stop-gap, only the champions and runners-up of the Closing Tournament qualify, with the other two being randomly drawn.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Amazing. Where and how do I get this?

On 11/13/2018 at 10:11 AM, Ams1984 said:

Amazing. Where and how do I get this?

If you have steam, just click that steam workshop link on the first post and click subscribe.

If you don't, install it manually by downloading the other link and extracting all the folders to: documents/sports interactive/football manager 19

8 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

If you have steam, just click that steam workshop link on the first post and click subscribe.

If you don't, install it manually by downloading the other link and extracting all the folders to: documents/sports interactive/football manager 19

I’ve been playing it, it’s absolutely brilliant, thanks for making this. 

Hi, I'm a long time lurker in this board.  I have played your league update in 2018 and was excited for a slightly more realistic league update this time, and I have been delighted with it so far.  I like that you've knocked down the reputation of clubs and the league this time.  Makes it a bit more difficult with signings etc, but I think that's more realistic personally. Anyway, only just a few weeks into a CPL game. I'm managing York9 as I've adopted them as my CPL team.  I will happily give you all an update on how I'm doing. But only if you're interested.

A little about me.... I have no connection to Canada whatsoever. I'm from South London (the England one!). I have lurked on these boards for several years, I randomly started following Canadian soccer about 5 years ago after taking Canada to the world cup quarter finals on FM13.

I'm looking forward to Canada having a top tier football league and hope it's a success I hope I will be able to watch a York9 game live at some point over the next couple years.

6 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

Hi, I'm a long time lurker in this board.  I have played your league update in 2018 and was excited for a slightly more realistic league update this time, and I have been delighted with it so far.  I like that you've knocked down the reputation of clubs and the league this time.  Makes it a bit more difficult with signings etc, but I think that's more realistic personally. Anyway, only just a few weeks into a CPL game. I'm managing York9 as I've adopted them as my CPL team.  I will happily give you all an update on how I'm doing. But only if you're interested.

A little about me.... I have no connection to Canada whatsoever. I'm from South London (the England one!). I have lurked on these boards for several years, I randomly started following Canadian soccer about 5 years ago after taking Canada to the world cup quarter finals on FM13.

I'm looking forward to Canada having a top tier football league and hope it's a success I hope I will be able to watch a York9 game live at some point over the next couple years.

Always excited to hear that people are enjoying my mod, made my day months ago bumping into people that recognized me from it.

I'd love to hear how you're doing with York 9. I am also glad you like the changes. It was always a challenge adjusting for realism when so little details have been released and balancing it out with gameplay considerations. For one, the finances are probably still a touch too high and the L1O and PLSQ ratings are probably far too high for all the players. After all the CPL teams get full rosters, I will likely adjust all those ratings down reflect the developmental nature of these leagues. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Also, let me know if you'd like to scout for SI Games officially. For next year's game, I'll be scouting for York9, the head coordinator Lucas Lucchetta will be doing it for Forge, but we still need someone for Pacific, FCE, Cavalry, Valour, and Halifax. They expect the person to be watching most games during the season - so it makes more sense for those of you with season tickets.

On 2/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Also, let me know if you'd like to scout for SI Games officially. For next year's game, I'll be scouting for York9, the head coordinator Lucas Lucchetta will be doing it for Forge, but we still need someone for Pacific, FCE, Cavalry, Valour, and Halifax. They expect the person to be watching most games during the season - so it makes more sense for those of you with season tickets.

Will there be regens for the CPL teams or do you need an academy for that to happen?  Canadian regens are usually abysmal and it’s mainly down to the fact that you can only get decent ones from 3 MLS clubs and then hope there are a couple on the American academies. 

Edited by Keegan

22 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Will there be regens for the CPL teams or do you need an academy for that to happen?  Canadian regens are usually abysmal and it’s mainly down to the fact that you can only get decent ones from 3 MLS clubs and then hope there are a couple on the American academies. 

CPL teams do get regens. There are a number of factors behind the quality of regens, the country youth rating, but also youth recruitment/coaching attributes of the specific clubs. The default country youth rating for Canada is usually pretty low (at around 50 - versus USA's 110, Mexico's 120, England's 115ish). I usually move Canada up to 80 (which reminds me, I never did it this year, I'll have to go and do that). 

As for youth recruitment/coaching, I have made the CanPL clubs hover around 10 (TFC is 11, Whitecaps are 11/14, Montreal are 12,11 so I probably overrate CanPL a little given no academies currently exist).

That said, for realism, I am considering for next years game, eliminating regen completely for CanPL (unless they announce academies). Instead, I will create USports and implement the 3 round draft (just figured out how to do that) for CanPL youth intakes. L1O, PLSQ, and PDL will also continue with regens, so players can indivdiually scout and sign.

14 minutes ago, Keegan said:

If regens are left to the weaker clubs would that not be detrimental to the player pool?  I think that’s always the issue with Canada in FM games, besides having an underrated youth ranking. 

Not if I ensure that the USports and L1O/PLSQ teams have decent youth coaching/recruitment stats. That said, it all depends in the CanPL clubs actually nurture those players when they are drafted, but AI has never been great at that

I see no reason not to have academies. Even if they don't "in real life" for sure each of the CPL clubs will have affiliations with local clubs from which they will sign players. 100% PFC will be in regular talks with Wave FC, and at the PDL level working with Highlanders if not also TSS for youth recruitment and development. PFC will probably develop it's own youth academy as pay-to-play is expected here anyway outside the Whitecaps (and kids pay to play in their lower level academies anyway).

16 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Not if I ensure that the USports and L1O/PLSQ teams have decent youth coaching/recruitment stats. That said, it all depends in the CanPL clubs actually nurture those players when they are drafted, but AI has never been great at that

You should make it so that Sigma players can only sign for Forge. ?

On 2/23/2019 at 3:11 PM, yellowsweatygorilla said:

What do you mean to scout for SI Games? I'm a Valour season ticket holder.

On 2/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, yellowsweatygorilla said:

You, in collaboration/with vetting from others, will be setting attributes for players.

Forgive my technological uselessness Mr. Yellow Sweaty Gorilla, but I’m not good with the world wide webs and googles / tweetings. Now that the official schedule is out (as much as I really dislike the format!) will you be putting out a new patch? If so, how do I get it and install it over the first one you did? (Which is what I’m playing now). P.s. it really is a lot of fun! But I think its time for me to figure out how to get your latest patch because so much has happened since the first one. 

Also, not that you asked my opinion, but I think it’s fun to develop my own youth  players and I don’t really get into drafts. I get adding the draft, but why not also let people get youth players? 

1 hour ago, Ams1984 said:

Forgive my technological uselessness Mr. Yellow Sweaty Gorilla, but I’m not good with the world wide webs and googles / tweetings. Now that the official schedule is out (as much as I really dislike the format!) will you be putting out a new patch? If so, how do I get it and install it over the first one you did? (Which is what I’m playing now). P.s. it really is a lot of fun! But I think its time for me to figure out how to get your latest patch because so much has happened since the first one. 

Also, not that you asked my opinion, but I think it’s fun to develop my own youth  players and I don’t really get into drafts. I get adding the draft, but why not also let people get youth players? 

Well, I am in the same boat in hating the format as it ruined the work I put in last week. If only they went with a more reasonable 12-even match split instead of this bizarre 10/18. I'll likely release the new patch tomorrow. But because of limitations of the game, it will be a 12/18 match split. I also set up the championship game the way the league has done (though I still much prefer having no champ game if a team wins both seasons). I can walk you through how to get it to work when I release it.

As for drafts/youth development - either way I am not touching that until next year's game is released. Hopefully we'll hear news of CanPL clubs developing academies. If not, I am also always happy to make a version for you that retains the youth call ups. It won't be too much work.