Football Manager 19 - Canadian Megapatch

9 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

7 April 2019 Changes (2.4)
-Added 3d kits for all CanPL teams
-Added 2d kits for all CanPL teams (courtesy of ‘themodelcitizen’)
-Season now starts in 2019 <assuming you select CanPL as starting date>
-Updated rosters and kit numbers
-Added more journalists

D3k6BIiX4AMea62.pngD3k4a9QWkAkkQRi.jpgD3k5bjFWsAEsJCs.pngD3k5lqYWkAACELT.jpg

Again, this is great, thanks! Just a quick observation though:

I did a few multi season games as York 9 FC, and I found that in one of them I had qualified for both the CCL and the Concacaf League at the same time. I might be wrong, but aren’t those two tournaments mutually exclusive? (Like the European Champions League and Europa League). 

In any event, it was impossible to compete in the league, the VC, the CCL and the CL simultaneously! 

2 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

Again, this is great, thanks! Just a quick observation though:

I did a few multi season games as York 9 FC, and I found that in one of them I had qualified for both the CCL and the Concacaf League at the same time. I might be wrong, but aren’t those two tournaments mutually exclusive? (Like the European Champions League and Europa League). 

In any event, it was impossible to compete in the league, the VC, the CCL and the CL simultaneously! 

It's not necessarily mutually exclusive (unless CONCACAF makes new rules stipulating it is). What you're seeing is York 9 qualifying for CCL through the CL the previous year, and then qualifying for the CL again through the CanPL for the following year (meaning they're in both competitions). I could probably figure out a way to make it so that if a CanPL club can only play for the CCL in the same year, but that would strip them of a chance to qualify for the CCL the following year (outside of Voy Cup)? What do you think?

But yes, it's a challenge rotating a 23 man squad for 4 competitions - I'd like to think that's part of the challenge.

25 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

It's not necessarily mutually exclusive (unless CONCACAF makes new rules stipulating it is). What you're seeing is York 9 qualifying for CCL through the CL the previous year, and then qualifying for the CL again through the CanPL for the following year (meaning they're in both competitions). I could probably figure out a way to make it so that if a CanPL club can only play for the CCL in the same year, but that would strip them of a chance to qualify for the CCL the following year (outside of Voy Cup)? What do you think?

But yes, it's a challenge rotating a 23 man squad for 4 competitions - I'd like to think that's part of the challenge.

Hmm... I suppose the mechanics of the editor do have their limitations. Ideally (in my mind anyways) it would work like this:

If the Can PL champion has already qualified for the CCL by virtue of winning the VC or the previous edition of the CL, then it only plays in the CCL whilst the 2nd placed club in the Can PL gets the CL berth. 

If that’s not possible because of the editor’s mechanics, then your idea certainly sounds like a reasonable alternative. 

6 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Hmm... I suppose the mechanics of the editor do have their limitations. Ideally (in my mind anyways) it would work like this:

If the Can PL champion has already qualified for the CCL by virtue of winning the VC or the previous edition of the CL, then it only plays in the CCL whilst the 2nd placed club in the Can PL gets the CL berth. 

If that’s not possible because of the editor’s mechanics, then your idea certainly sounds like a reasonable alternative. 

I could actually probably set something up like that. But again, would it be fair for the CanPL team that was able to qualify for CCL through the CL previous year not get another shot at the CCL for the year after?

I can make a version of the file with what you're proposing though. I just have to add two rules (I haven't tested, but I think I can get it to work)

2 minutes ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

@yellowsweatygorilla You should accept donations to rename future regens in the save (or is that even possible?)

Unfortunately regen names are only generated from existing players - it's a constant frustration I have with the editor (which means that the smaller Canadian pool leads to the same names coming up over and over again). A weird way that works though is if you create and delete a player.

I am happy to do it for free though ? But tempting to start a patreon.

53 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I could actually probably set something up like that. But again, would it be fair for the CanPL team that was able to qualify for CCL through the CL previous year not get another shot at the CCL for the year after?

I can make a version of the file with what you're proposing though. I just have to add two rules (I haven't tested, but I think I can get it to work)

Yeah, that’s a pickle. I’m not sure what the solution is, but I guess I’m trying to say that I’m so far as it’s possible it would be cool for it to resemble the ECL / Europa League dynamic. I feel like that’s where it’s headed in real life. 

On 4/7/2019 at 10:18 PM, yellowsweatygorilla said:

-Added more journalists

D3k6BIiX4AMea62.pngD3k4a9QWkAkkQRi.jpgD3k5bjFWsAEsJCs.pngD3k5lqYWkAACELT.jpg

I'm trying to find where to download this newest version, could you please post a link? 

On 4/7/2019 at 10:18 PM, yellowsweatygorilla said:

-Added more journalists

<snip>

Thanks for the continued updates. I know all the fine folk over at the NSXI Network love seeing themselves included as journalists in the mod (as you've likely seen from the various excited social media posts).

Keep up the great work!

I figured out (from looking at another mod) how I might do a 10 match/18 match split. I hate that's not an even 14/14, but I should probably keep it realistic - so I'll probably release that soon. Maybe I'll leave both options.

I also fixed the problem with Pacific and HFX rarely using away jerseys.

And am beginning work on USports/Draft

• 4 weeks later...

The biggest update yet!

11 May 2019 Changes (3.0)
-Head-to-head match-ups between FCE, Valour, and Forge now determine CL qualifications (credit to modelcitizen)
-Faces for each CanPL player and staff added (credit to workthespace, stevieg42)
-Stadium photos (credit to workthespace)
-AMSL with Cavalry and Edmonton U21 now playable
-Added PCSL, MMSL, L1O Reserves, NSSL
-Roster updates
-Staff updates (including L1O/PLSQ)
-Hundreds of minor tweaks to improve long-term play-throughs

image.thumb.png.0070a4297f84836afd7676cb2a3cb3a1.pngimage.thumb.png.cb2460be1f6e083be3181684b418faef.pngimage.thumb.png.1077ba354fecf888c8ee89ca6747d640.png

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

I avoided this thread for a while. Dont think my professional or personal life would survive me going back down this rabbit hole again!

Did want to say however, absolutely Incredible work here! 

Haha, tell me about it. I actually have barely played the game this year, but spent so much time editing the db for this mod. My comprehensive examination for my PhD was due last week and I seriously think I put in equal amount of time for both last week. It's like my version of the model trainset as a hobby I suppose. But can't say it hasn't affected my family life :p