Football Manager 19 - Canadian Megapatch

53 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Well, I am in the same boat in hating the format as it ruined the work I put in last week. If only they went with a more reasonable 12-even match split instead of this bizarre 10/18. I'll likely release the new patch tomorrow. But because of limitations of the game, it will be a 12/18 match split. I also set up the championship game the way the league has done (though I still much prefer having no champ game if a team wins both seasons). I can walk you through how to get it to work when I release it.

As for drafts/youth development - either way I am not touching that until next year's game is released. Hopefully we'll hear news of CanPL clubs developing academies. If not, I am also always happy to make a version for you that retains the youth call ups. It won't be too much work.

Thanks a bunch, you really have provided me with a good many hours of fun. I appreciate your offer to walk me through how to download it when you do release the patch, I will gratefully take you up on that. 

Curious what people prefer in terms of concacaf format as I can't get it exactly like the real format.

Option 1: use the 2019 CCL format except add CPL spot to the concacaf league. Concacaf league emulates real life format with representation from Central American countries and Caribbean Cup, but format will be simplified. On the flip side, as concacaf league will only have one spot in the ccl, a cpl team will have a harder time qualifying.

Option 2: the 2020 ccl format except that we add all of the concacaf league participants to an earlier stage of ccl. The problem though is that a CPL team will not be winning any Continental silverware unless they win the actual CCL, as there won't technically be a concacaf league.

19 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Curious what people prefer in terms of concacaf format as I can't get it exactly like the real format.

Option 1: use the 2019 CCL format except add CPL spot to the concacaf league. Concacaf league emulates real life format with representation from Central American countries and Caribbean Cup, but format will be simplified. On the flip side, as concacaf league will only have one spot in the ccl, a cpl team will have a harder time qualifying.

Option 2: the 2020 ccl format except that we add all of the concacaf league participants to an earlier stage of ccl. The problem though is that a CPL team will not be winning any Continental silverware unless they win the actual CCL, as there won't technically be a concacaf league.

I think option 1 is cool, especially if clubs can still qualify for the CCL by winning the VC.

21 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Although I also think that if a CPL club wins the VC and qualifies for the CCL, then it should not also be able to qualify for the same year’s CL. Maybe the league runner up gets the berth if that happens?

7 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

I think option 1 is cool, especially if clubs can still qualify for the CCL by winning the VC.

And cpl will also be able to qualify for ccl if they win the CL. 

6 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Although I also think that if a CPL club wins the VC and qualifies for the CCL, then it should not also be able to qualify for the same year’s CL. Maybe the league runner up gets the berth if that happens?

I haven't figured out a way to do it, but technically if they won the league and vc on the same year (say 2019) they would be qualifying for 2020 ccl in Feb and 2020 CL in July for a chance to qualify for 2021 ccl. So it'd technically be separate years 

I think I found a compromise solution:

2020 CCL format, except instead of 6 CL qualifiers (I can't get the game to recognize 4-6th qualifier), the top 3 CL teams qualify (which necessitated adding a 3rd place CL playoff). To fill out the 3 empty spots in CCL, I gave Costa RIca, Panama, Honduras a auto qualification spot to the CCL.

The CL is identical to the real format, except for a third place playoff game. 

Hoping to get it all done and available for folks this afternoon before I have to get to work.

4 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I think I found a compromise solution:

2020 CCL format, except instead of 6 CL qualifiers (I can't get the game to recognize 4-6th qualifier), the top 3 CL teams qualify (which necessitated adding a 3rd place CL playoff). To fill out the 3 empty spots in CCL, I gave Costa RIca, Panama, Honduras a auto qualification spot to the CCL.

The CL is identical to the real format, except for a third place playoff game. 

Hoping to get it all done and available for folks this afternoon before I have to get to work.

I’m looking forward to it!

This has been a frustrating afternoon, took hours to upload on crappy godaddy servers and now I have to rush to a meeting, but here we go:

In celebration of yesterday’s release of the Canadian Premier League (CPL) schedule and format, I have updated the Canadian Megapatch to match these details (or as close as possible based on limitations of the game). Download file here -> https://goo.gl/9hoMkn

For the original database before the winter update -> http://www.yellowsweatygorilla.com/cpl/FM19-cdnmegapatch2.zip

Changes:
-Canadian Premier League will have a split Spring/Fall season, with 12 games each half
-Championship game between Spring and Fall winners (if it’s the same team, the 2nd best team from the overall table will be drawn)
-All Canadian Premier League rosters are up to date as of 28 Feb 2019
-Updated club finances to reflect media deal announced

-Canadian Championship format updated to reflect announced 2019 format (after the first year, the three later stage CPL teams will be allocated to: CPL champion, CPL runner-up, best team based on overall standings)

-New clubs added to L1O: Durham United
-New clubs added to PLSQ: CS Monteul

-CONCACAF Champions League will closely reflect to announced 2020 format with the following exceptions: Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica will each have one team automatically qualify;  three instead of six teams will qualify from CONCACAF League
-CONCACAF League: CanPL will qualify to the preliminary stage; an addition of a 3rd place playoff game to determine final qualification to CCL

2.thumb.jpg.203d3fe08cf88b251cf3d36e3eaa7a35.jpgD0G8Tr_X0AUD3q0.jpg.5ec10c4d447778b5b73025d64514a688.jpgD0G85T6WsAICoOJ.jpg.e37cb242371272aaba55ca7166598f96.jpg926240990_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_28_58PM.thumb.png.f6af07492c61ff78f7c96fb74bde60ca.png1101449083_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_30_19PM.thumb.png.ca59620d4b49d5b7e6b650675a4b6c25.png1218244139_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_13_26PM.png.2a0d3d695d39979825693692afec7e3b.png1672922362_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_12_58PM.png.357813d9ec62d6eaa09c8b6c7e513748.png1880009708_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_44_21PM.thumb.png.2256444cbdb222578381062142a3c9c4.png

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

Hmmm... I'm trying to make it work, but it won't let me set up the game. I followed the instructions in the zip file. The one area I might be mucking it up is that the instructions say to make sure that 'both' megapatch files are selected, but I can see multiple editor files when the game asks me which to use upon setup, and it won't let me pick them all. 

2 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Just tried to unzip them and follow the instructions again, same issue. 

There are six editor files available to select, and one of them doesn't appear as 'verified'. It won't let me start a new game. Bummer!

It's probably the old files you downloaded. Maybe delete all the other ones and recopy the ones in the zip? I can't remember if I gave them another name, I can check later when I get home 

Just now, yellowsweatygorilla said:

It's probably the old files you downloaded. Maybe delete all the other ones and recopy the ones in the zip? I can't remember if I gave them another name, I can check later when I get home 

I'll try that, thanks!

On 2/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Canadian Premier League will have a split Spring/Fall season, with 12 games each half

I just thought of something now that you have 12 games each half. (for your megapatches in future)

1. CPL gets up to 14 teams

2. CPL at that point is split into 2 groups of 7 (Group A, Group B, or you can have other distinctions like

Champions and Challengers, Leaders and Legends,  Beast and Least or make you own)

3. each division plays 12 games, 6 home, 6 away

4. At the end the bottom team of top 7 is "relegated" to the bottom 7 while the top team of the bottom 7 is "promoted" to the top 7.

I see 14 teams, split into 2 groups of 7 as the only way to stay  within the 12 games per season format.

As well I can only see any pro/rel happening within the CPL and not between the CPL and provincial leagues like L10 and PLSQ as these teams in Provinical Leagues (like Blainville and Aurora) will find it harder to travel coast to coast. (travel coasts)

Just a thought.

2 hours ago, Impactsupporter said:

I just thought of something now that you have 12 games each half. (for your megapatches in future)

1. CPL gets up to 14 teams

2. CPL at that point is split into 2 groups of 7 (Group A, Group B, or you can have other distinctions like

Champions and Challengers, Leaders and Legends,  Beast and Least or make you own)

3. each division plays 12 games, 6 home, 6 away

4. At the end the bottom team of top 7 is "relegated" to the bottom 7 while the top team of the bottom 7 is "promoted" to the top 7.

I see 14 teams, split into 2 groups of 7 as the only way to stay  within the 12 games per season format.

As well I can only see any pro/rel happening within the CPL and not between the CPL and provincial leagues like L10 and PLSQ as these teams in Provinical Leagues (like Blainville and Aurora) will find it harder to travel coast to coast. (travel coasts)

Just a thought.

It also pops into my mind that that might one way of doing regional conferences to save travel costs/allow smaller towns to have teams. Have the first half be split into East and West divisions before breaking off into a winners and losers divisions for the second half. The issue is, what would the bottom half have to play for? In Belgium, where they do split, the top spot in the losers' division still gets a Europa League spot. 

11 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

It also pops into my mind that that might one way of doing regional conferences to save travel costs/allow smaller towns to have teams. Have the first half be split into East and West divisions before breaking off into a winners and losers divisions for the second half. The issue is, what would the bottom half have to play for? In Belgium, where they do split, the top spot in the losers' division still gets a Europa League spot. 

I was thinking about that initially, BUT I prefer to use the regional conference idea for the Voyageurs Cup - after all it works for other Canadian sports national championships like the Vanier Cup, Memorial Cup Allan cup, etc.

What I was thinking there is use the Vanier Cup as a model for the Voyageurs Cup staring with regional champs, then East West Champs then the Voyageurs Cup between the East and West Champs.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on the CPL format.   

For in your DB's Liam Millar, it appears the player is not cap-tied to Canada yet (since he can reject the call up to represent England instead)? But I thought his appearances in the Nations League Qualifiers would cap-tie him to Canada, since those are official FIFA-sanctioned competitive matches, and not just friendlies? 

3 hours ago, frattinator said:

For in your DB's Liam Millar, it appears the player is not cap-tied to Canada yet (since he can reject the call up to represent England instead)? But I thought his appearances in the Nations League Qualifiers would cap-tie him to Canada, since those are official FIFA-sanctioned competitive matches, and not just friendlies? 

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't actually touch any of the Canadians, except Stephen Eustaqua, since I had assumed the official database had taken care of it. Guess not. I'll make the change.

3 hours ago, frattinator said:

wait, did you get the winter update? I can see he has 3 caps.

• 1 month later...