NASL - The Championship 2017 - Soccer Bowl Postseason

BEIN SPORTS TO BE EXCLUSIVE NATIONAL NASL TV PARTNER FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP

The NASL announced Thursday that its national broadcast television partner, beIN SPORTS, will be the exclusive carrier of The Championship, the league’s four-team postseason tournament that kicks off in November.

The semifinal round of The Championship, which contains two games, will kick off on Sunday, November 5, and The Championship Final will take place the following weekend. The winner of the Spring Season, Miami FC, will host one semifinal game, while the San Francisco Deltas, who clinched the No. 2 seed this past weekend, will host the other. Below are the broadcast details for each semifinal matchup:

Miami FC (No. 1) vs. TBD (No. 4)
Sunday, November 5 | 5 p.m. ET
Riccardo Silva Stadium | Miami, Fla.
beIN SPORTS (TV) | beIN SPORTS en Español (TV)
beIN SPORTS CONNECT (Digital)

San Francisco Deltas (No. 2) vs. TBD (No. 3)
Sunday, November 5 | 8 p.m. ET
Kezar Stadium | San Francisco, Calif.
beIN SPORTS (TV) | beIN SPORTS en Español (TV)
beIN SPORTS CONNECT (Digital)

http://www.nasl.com/news/2017/10/26/bein-sports-to-be-exclusive-national-tv-partner-for-the-championship

• 2 weeks later...

Tissot, Ouimette, Bekker and Attakora all feature for the Deltas.  I wonder if anyone of those 4 can get back into the CMNT picture?  With the CB picture the way it is why not give attakora a shot at camp poutine?  And Bekker scored 4 goals and a couple assists.  Or has their time come and gone??  

Cosmos advance to 3rd consecutive NASL championship game

It took more than 120 minutes and a tense penalty-kick shootout, but New York, in true Cardiac Cosmos fashion, defeated Miami FC 6-5 on penalties in the North American Soccer League (NASL) semifinal.

With the victory, the Cosmos advanced to their third consecutive championship game. The team will take on the San Francisco Deltas, who defeated North Carolina FC 1-0 in the other semifinal matchup.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2017/11/6/cosmos-advance-3rd-consecutive-nasl-championship-game

What a coincidence! I'm going to be in San Francisco for the Soccer Bowl!

For the CanWNT game!

That's happening during the fucking Soccer Bowl!

Got a huge local soccer event (well, down the highway four feet in San Jose) and you manage to get your marquee game conflicting with it. Good job good effort, NASL.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, Bison44 said:

Tissot, Ouimette, Bekker and Attakora all feature for the Deltas.  I wonder if anyone of those 4 can get back into the CMNT picture?  With the CB picture the way it is why not give attakora a shot at camp poutine?  And Bekker scored 4 goals and a couple assists.  Or has their time come and gone??  

This.

Besides, this club is still under threat of folding after the season is over.

Was a nice well played game. Weird for San Francisco to win the Cup in their one and only year. Sad to see them fold and I will be sad to see the NASL fold also if that is what happens. The Canadians all played well, Bekker and Tissot in particular. Dos Santos should get a shot at MLS soon.

19 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Also note if the Fury had stayed around in NASL this probably would have been them, an NASL championship team instead of a poor USL team that did not make the playoffs.

I have to disagree with this comment. I think the way that the Fury disassembled their 2015 Soccer Bowl runner up team showed they weren't willing to spend enough to bring in quality NASL talent that the Deltas brought in. I think what we saw in Ottawa this year, as well as last year, is pretty indicative of what level of play they are willing to put on the pitch.

Congrats to the Deltas and their Canadian members for winning the Soccer Bowl. Part of me is hoping the club will still be around in 2018, but I know that is a longshot at this point.

32 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I have to disagree with this comment. I think the way that the Fury disassembled their 2015 Soccer Bowl runner up team showed they weren't willing to spend enough to bring in quality NASL talent that the Deltas brought in. I think what we saw in Ottawa this year, as well as last year, is pretty indicative of what level of play they are willing to put on the pitch.

Congrats to the Deltas and their Canadian members for winning the Soccer Bowl. Part of me is hoping the club will still be around in 2018, but I know that is a longshot at this point.

Yes but what I am saying is if the Fury ownership weren't cheap ass owners who didn't care about their soccer team that Dos Santos could have built a team that would have consistently been challenging for the NASL title and building a much bigger following for the team. 

8 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Yes but what I am saying is if the Fury ownership weren't cheap ass owners who didn't care about their soccer team that Dos Santos could have built a team that would have consistently been challenging for the NASL title and building a much bigger following for the team. 

Ah. In that case, then I agree with you.

1 hour ago, mtlfan said:

Dos Santos wins wherever he goes, is he that good?

3 years, 3 teams, 3 finals.  Very rarely do you see a coach take a team on his first year to a championship he just did it back to back and with first year expansion clubs on both occasions.. Ottawa in it's 2nd year.  Plus his resume in Brazil and his championship with Montreal at just 32 years old... it can't be long before he's getting calls from MLS and eventually the national team.  

He's an enigma for sure, Canadian coaches as is are behind the ball and most get their start coming off a playing career.  This guy obviously commands respect anywhere he goes.. for the clubs in Brazil to hire a young Canadian with little background says a lot.  

Cosmos fall to Deltas 2-0 in NASL Championship

The New York Cosmos overcame many obstacles this season, but Sunday’s North American Soccer League (NASL) Championship game was not one of them.

Playing on a battered field, the boys in green and white fell 2-0 to the Deltas in front of 9,691 fans at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2017/11/13/cosmos-fall-deltas-2-0-nasl-championship

Archived