• Last Reply
9 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

So I guess its lining up:

Borjan

Henry  Jackovic  James  Dejong

Edgar

Akindele  Hutchinson  Arfield  Hoilett

Larin

Like the front 6, and Borjan ... back line is shaky.  Here's hoping (&praying) for the best!

10 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

Borjan

Edgar

Larin

this lineup can definitely nik a goal.

1 hour ago, balfe said:

Izzy is a good player and is dangerous going forward up the left, have any offical lineups been posted? It will be interesting to see who is playing right back.

I think if Canada can play like they did against Mexico they may have a chance, I remember coming on here after the match and I was surprised when I saw the reactions of some guys, they really taught Canada should have been going for the 3 pts. I taught Canada moved the ball around at the back quite well and rarely resorted to the long ball, I expect Honduras to be quite technical in the middle of the park but Canada might be able to dominate them phsically in midfield. Arfield is key and if he can put together that box to box game I don't think Honduras have a player to match him. I know it's a pretty postive outlook but hopefully Canada can at least but in a decent performance.

I say this in no offence but are you new to the soccer/concacaf scene? If so welcome. I wouldn't say Honduras are overly more technical then us but they are indeed better on the ball (dribbling/possessing the ball under pressure). What you should expect is the most physical side you've ever watched and will make Canadians look like boys out there in terms of physicality and brutality (dirty tackles). Honduras rarely gets out done physically especially at home, they can even handle the likes of Mexico at home, something that Canada is still far from. As far as going for 3 points against Mexico, that would mean playing more open football against Mexico, which is what they want and if we did play as such then the score line might have been embarrassing when it's all said and done. Mexico struggles scoring/getting wins against the bunker/defensive&counter. We still aren't there yet to succeed in these tactics. You could argue that's due to some of the call ups from Floro as well in the past. 

1 minute ago, Miche said:

I've loaded a tsn stream and it's something called the coors light games?? Is that right? This is ridiculous. Why are they taking it so seriously?? Can someone confirm TSN is actually showing this right now.

Coverage starts at 5

3 minutes ago, koolvid said:

I say this in no offence but are you new to the soccer/concacaf scene? If so welcome. I wouldn't say Honduras are overly more technical then us but they are indeedarrow-10x10.png better on the ball (dribbling/possessing the ball under pressure). What you should expect is the most physical side you've ever watched and will make Canadians look like boys out there in terms of physicality and brutality (dirty tackles). Honduras rarely gets out done physically especially at home, they can even handle the likes of Mexico at home, something that Canada is still far from. As far as going for 3 points against Mexico, that would mean playing more open football against Mexico, which is what they want and if we did play as such then the score line might have been embarrassing when it's all said and done. Mexico struggles scoring/getting wins against the bunker/defensive&counter. We still aren't there yet to succeed in these tactics. You could argue that's due to some of the call ups from Floro as well in the past. 

Yeah I don't ever see Honduras play and I only watch the big Canada matches but no I am not new to the soccer scene, what I meant by technical players is exactly what you described the Hondurans as, better on the ball and being able to zip passes around much better then Canada, I probably have underrated them physically and I take your word on that, but I don't think Canada are push overs by any means. In regards to Mexico game, you must have misread my post, I said I had read on here that some posters were expecting Canada to go for all three points and that surprised me, I remember posting that night and saying the opposite, and how Canada should be expecting to win against El Salvador and teams like that rather then the Mexico's of this world.

33 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

Borjan

Edgar

Larin

Bang on I think

15 minutes ago, Miche said:

I didn't mean "where is the game coverage", I mean: "is this literally what's being shown on TSN1 right now?" This is the worst thing I've ever seen on television, and it's on TSN1.

Hold on, that striker from the garlic roosters is money. Someone tell Floro.

Archived