1 minute ago, rob.notenboom said:

It's funny. Albert St Bridge currently has city flags on every flagpole. Quite the timing. The blue on them is quite a bit lighter but they also could be faded in the sun. I'll find a pic and post it. 

However I think that crest is pretty solid. One of the back legs on the bison looks a bit odd, but otherwise it's pretty solid. 

just made another slight edit.  Feels more balanced with the crown at the bottom IMO

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I don't want to suffocate the artistic process.

If you really like the star shape there's a couple of options:

- Firstly, if you look at the real citadel shape it is not your typical star shape. Two side are much longer than the other.

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/75/220450483_dccb43ca1e_o.png&imgrefurl=http://spacing.ca/atlantic/2010/04/08/time-to-give-citadel-hill-a-facelift/&h=580&w=875&tbnid=0-xrbmw0QiuXnM:&docid=hp3TrdTb9jF22M&ei=rBzmVsuNK4rtjgT5qJaoDg&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwjLk6nYi7_LAhWKtoMKHXmUBeUQMwhBKBAwEA

- You can put the elongated side north south to look like a more traditional badge orientation or

- Have that same shape within the badge template you have above with gold as the trim.

Just a few thoughts.

13 minutes ago, DigzTFC said:
13 minutes ago, DigzTFC said:

Sorry, I don't want to suffocate the artistic process.

If you really like the star shape there's a couple of options:

- Firstly, if you look at the real citadel shape it is not your typical star shape. Two side are much longer than the other.

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/75/220450483_dccb43ca1e_o.png&imgrefurl=http://spacing.ca/atlantic/2010/04/08/time-to-give-citadel-hill-a-facelift/&h=580&w=875&tbnid=0-xrbmw0QiuXnM:&docid=hp3TrdTb9jF22M&ei=rBzmVsuNK4rtjgT5qJaoDg&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwjLk6nYi7_LAhWKtoMKHXmUBeUQMwhBKBAwEA

- You can put the elongated side north south to look like a more traditional badge orientation or

- Have that same shape within the badge template you have above with gold as the trim.

Just a few thoughts.

quoting glitches... 

honestly, I'd rather have you like it than me like it, so lets just go with what you think is cool.  I'm not from Nova Scotia, nor have I ever been.  

I must have had a side on shot I was looking at, thought it was symetrical, thats an easy fix.  Right now i'm leaning towards the last update - having the star in that little spot above the words.  What do you think of the crest shape?

Having the citadel crest shape being elongated north south will probably actually look better than I originally had it, so i'll try that to see how it looks, but like I said, I'd rather you like it than me.  So keep up the feedback and we'll make something glorious :P

12 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I think I dun good 

GHg1G8F.png

I love the crest.  There's something that seems off somehow with this shirt, but I can't put my finger on it.  When I look at it, I like  each element that's there.  Again, the crest is excellent.  Great sponsor.   Maybe if the sash went the other way?  Maybe if it were at the same angle as the cross in the crest?

I'd prefer a collar and a different manufacturer, but that's just my vote.

11 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

K.  Sometimes it looks a certain way in illustrator and then different on here.  I've seen a couple different flags so maybe you could send me a picture of the one thats the most common.  The one I had the blue was pretty dark, and I've never been to Regina, so wasn't sure.  

nHsLTGD.png

Think it's a slight improvement.  But I feel like neither of us are really sold.  

I think the heraldry people might not like the crown being on the bottom.

7 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

They might, but the crown looks better in the crest than on top IMHO. 

Basically my thought process.  I put it on top originally cause thats where it classically goes, but as soon as i put it onto the bottom it seemed more complete.  perhaps both wascana and wanderers could be at the bottom and the crown can stay on the badge at the top.  like where wascana is right now.  

3 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Basically my thought process.  I put it on top originally cause thats where it classically goes, but as soon as i put it onto the bottom it seemed more complete.  perhaps both wascana and wanderers could be at the bottom and the crown can stay on the badge at the top.  like where wascana is right now.  

…waiting patiently

Couple of options.  I stole the vector for the first one online, so i'll have to redo it, and the more realistic one needs some cleaning up if you guys like that one, so keep that in mind.

Overall though, I think this layout is optimal and it's just a matter of what direction to go in with the bison now.  basically - stylized or realistic.  Leaning towards stylized because I worry about how the realistic one will look from far away.  But there is something majestic about how the bison looks in real life that never seems to translate into a stylized version.  

cOzOCjA.png

uOiakb0.png

not quite done, but wanted to get feedback before I went to bed/kept going.  the cleanup may take a while.  

cheers folks, good night from the land of the midnight sun.  This has been a pleasure.

8 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

441498352a74f9600eb4c92c31119660.jpgc5e680ac73f63a2364472eec7627f343.jpg

Stumbled upon these images when searching cree art on google.  curious to see if anyone thinks they would be good ideas to incorporate.

Like the stylized bison. Love the Cree art ones. 

I've struggled with bison designs myself and I think part of the issue is that bison's faces are so bushy, similarly coloured, and with indistinct eyes, that it's difficult to tell what's what. The stylized one on the top (more cartoonish) looks much better than the bottom one because you can pick out the features. 

Archived