8 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Like the stylized bison. Love the Cree art ones. 

I've struggled with bison designs myself and I think part of the issue is that bison's faces are so bushy, similarly coloured, and with indistinct eyes, that it's difficult to tell what's what. The stylized one on the top (more cartoonish) looks much better than the bottom one because you can pick out the features. 

it really is a tough animal to translate.  It either looks real or it looks fake.  There isn't a ton of middle ground.  Also thanks Zen, i'll try that one.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno @DigzTFC, I think less may have been more, as much as I like the citadel concept.  

Feels a bit cluttered to me.  Thoughts?

GiQ7tBg.png

what about keeping the small citadel star, and putting it behind the crossed cannons on the back collar?  

It's not that I hate this one, but personally I think it's a slight downgrade.

up to you 

edit:

lightened up the grey to more of a silver.  much better.  wntVAom.png

still a toss up for me between this and the small star one.  but I think that helped quite a bit.  

Can I pat myself on the back yet guys?  

On 15 March, 2016 at 7:48 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

apparently not patiently :P

been a long day okay haha and i'm gonna redo the bison, could be a while.  I see you've liked every post in this thread hahaha so i'll take that as a positive :D 

Yes definitely, you do good work.

On 15 March, 2016 at 7:48 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

apparently not patiently :P

been a long day okay haha and i'm gonna redo the bison, could be a while.  I see you've liked every post in this thread hahaha so i'll take that as a positive :D 

Please remove.  My screen was stuck and this went through twice.

Not digging "Scotia United" as a name.

1. Mixing two languages sounds odd
  2. Translates as "Scotland United" which is both a lie and an exclusive name that uses an inclusive word
  3. Soccer is an urban game based in cities or neighbourhoods, not provinces. Why not Halifax United?

If you really want something unique that is more than the city but still references the city then why not be bold and simply be Citadel FC? They are not called London Arsenal after all.

5 hours ago, DigzTFC said:

These are looking sharp!

The only thing I would change about the crest is making the colors look more metallic.

The gold/silver should be pop a little and show nobility.  Maybe a trim on the edges,

I can try using a gradient to make it shiny, although in real life you probably wouldn't see that on the actual badge anyways.  Easy enough though.  

What do you think about teds comment re the name?  

In regards to the Nova Scotia Football Club name, I think it would be awesome to do something around Cape Breton. But I know there probably won't be a team around there.

Still using the symbols of Île Royale or Bras d'Or Lake (Arm of Gold) would be great. Cape Breton just has such crazy history.

3 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

In regards to the Nova Scotia Football Club name, I think it would be awesome to do something around Cape Breton. But I know there probably won't be a team around there.

Still using the symbols of Île Royale or Bras d'Or Lake (Arm of Gold) would be great. Cape Breton just has such crazy history.

Personally, I'd say picking Scotia united is totally fair game if you're the first pro club in the province.  First come first serve, I say.  

Also, I see you're from kitchner.  Any ideas for a club in KWC?  Tricity KWC?

19 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Personally, I'd say picking Scotia united is totally fair game if you're the first pro club in the province.

Hi, perhaps English is not your first language or you are simply unaware of soccer history. The term "United" is used for when two clubs merge. Here in Victoria, in 1904, the Victoria Association Football Club, and Victoria Capitals came together under a new name: Victoria United. That name was revived at different times by people coming together from different clubs to rebuild the ideal of a club to represent the city in a regional league.

The abuse of the "United"  name in MLS and other N. American Leagues is something I would rather we, as soccer fans, did not perpetuate. It is inauthentic and disrespectful IMO.

44 minutes ago, ted said:

Hi, perhaps English is not your first language or you are simply unaware of soccer history. 

I dont understand the need to belittle me before offering your opinion.  In no way shape or form did i do anything to deserve your disrespect, except offer a conflicting opinion.  

Additionally, for the most part, I actually agree with you.  The term united is beaten to death and I was one of the ones upset when Atlanta choose their god awful name.  

This is one exception where IMO its sort of fitting.  I understand the need for traditionalism, but, as I said, if it is one team for the province, at least the dictionary definition of united hardly seems off base.  

Personally, I don't really give a flying fuck.  The wordmark fits nicely into the graphic right now and that's all I care about.  I'm here to take peoples ideas and draw them, and(other than from a design POV) leave my opinion out of it as much as I can.  Unless of course Whitehorse gets a team, but I find that highly unlikely.  

Archived