• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would stay away from Grand River as a name, especially if you're going to put an arrowhead in it.

The reserve in Caledonia is colloquially called Grand River (as the river also passes through it) and there has been some pretty significant disputes over there in recent memory. 

The logo looks good, but I wouldn't use this for anything in the KWC area.

2 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Personally I'm more of a fan of the ideas that are not European throwbacks. Stanley Park FC, Foothills, and the like are much better than the, purposefully ironic and puny Inter Regina. Some of the most terrible names in MLS (Real Salt Lake *ahem*) are bizarre non-connections to European setups. And yes, I'm well aware of K-W's German heritage. It's still not nearly as authentic as Grand River in the name.

I was simply riffing on Kitchener's original name of Berlin. 

Name: Ville de Québec Royals Football Club (Quebec City Royals or QC Royals)

rsz_qc-logo-brand.jpg.2ad08661822f386384

Official Colours:  [primary] Bleu Capitale, Laval Rouge, [secondary] Or Champlain, Ville White 

rsz_qc-colours.jpg.611dba42d9b78b7571f85 

Stadium: Telus Stadium (PEPS Stadium) - 12,275K Capacity

*Ground sharing with the University of Laval

rsz_qc-stadium.jpg.7bfc1da981ff201d4b02d

Logo: 

rsz_qc-logo-description.thumb.jpg.7d6ddf

• Bridge Span - A unique representation of the Pierre Laporte Bridge, it signifies the bridging of the gap between Quebec City and surrounding areas.
  • Shield - Is a symbol of strength, defence and solidarity amongst the citizens, with the brick pattern referencing the history of the city's fortified walls.
  • Crown - The crown embodies the royal name, which is also represented in the city coat of arms. 
  • QC - Represents the English abbreviation of the city, stylized as an emblem
  • Chateau - Pays nod to the Chateau Frontenac which is one of the most iconic builds in Quebec City, and one of Canada's National Historic sites.

rsz_qc-logo.jpg.1c687a869958c7d307f4eb37

rsz_qc-motto.jpg.83360cf5f61863396f715fc

Motto: Retour Contre le Mur (en: Backs Against the Wall)In three parts, it represents:

• The club - who's mission is to develop a strong product,
  • The supporters -  who will support the team even through hard times
  • The players who will always defend there home.

The wall reference derives from the ramparts that surround Old Quebec, paying homage to the fight to preserve the cities rich history. 

Uniforms

rsz_qc-uniform.jpg.e2411e54c4781e5184b88

4 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Official Colours:  [primary] Bleu Capitale, Laval Rouge, [secondary] Or Champlain, Ville White 

Logo: 

• Bridge Span - A unique representation of the Pierre Laporte Bridge, it signifies the bridging of the gap between Quebec City and surrounding areas.
  • Shield - Is a symbol of strength, defence and solidarity amongst the citizens, with the brick pattern referencing the history of the city's fortified walls.
  • Crown - The crown comes from the 
  • Chateau - Pays nod to the Chateau Frontenac which is one of the most iconic builds in Quebec City, and one of Canada's National Historic sites.

Motto: Retour Contre le Mur (en: Backs Against the Wall)In three parts, it represents:

The wall reference derives from the ramparts that surround Old Quebec, paying homage to the fight to preserve the cities rich history. 

Uniforms

VERY NICE.  Love the chateau.  Theres one I won't even bother to try and compete with you with.  

Next up Surrey.....

(I'm doing a 10 team league in what I believe should be how this leagues should start)

East

1. Toronto United
  2. Quebec City Royals
  3. Ottawa Fury (if its true they'll join)
  4. Hamilton 
  5. Halifax

West

1. Surrey
  2. Calgary
  3. Winnipeg
  4. Saskatchewan
  5. Victoria

I think the Quebec Royals is a bit too busy.  Too many things going on so you lose the overall theme.  4 colours, 5 logo themes. Don't get me wrong- it's visually appealing; but there's just too much going on for me.  Good logos tend to have 2 or 3 colours and 1 or 2 themes.More than that and the message gets too crowded out.

The Toronto logo is similar- The gold doesn't fit for Toronto.  It's never been part of the city's sports colour combination.  Blue and white or dark blue and white is good, but I wouldn't insert others.  There's a lot of thought in there but I think it's been overthought.

Maybe I just prefer a cleaner looking logo but I don't see many 5 colour logo's out there.

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think the Quebec Royals is a bit too busy.  Too many things going on so you lose the overall theme.  4 colours, 5 logo themes. Don't get me wrong- it's visually appealing; but there's just too much going on for me.  Good logos tend to have 2 or 3 colours and 1 or 2 themes.More than that and the message gets too crowded out.

The Toronto logo is similar- The gold doesn't fit for Toronto.  It's never been part of the city's sports colour combination.  Blue and white or dark blue and white is good, but I wouldn't insert others.  There's a lot of thought in there but I think it's been overthought.

Maybe I just prefer a cleaner looking logo but I don't see many 5 colour logo's out there.

regardless.  That chateau is perfect.  That needs to be there.  Maybe it could be simplified and emphasized.

The Chateau and the name are totally perfect.

For colours I'd go with red and gold (Rouge et Or) or blue with white (Nordiques & Provincial colours).

I bet if there was a team in Quebec City that the jersey sponsor would be Desjardins.  They're the 6th largest financial institution in Canada and they're based in Levis right across the river from Quebec City.

9 hours ago, Pqhbv said:

I would stay away from Grand River as a name, especially if you're going to put an arrowhead in it.

The reserve in Caledonia is colloquially called Grand River (as the river also passes through it) and there has been some pretty significant disputes over there in recent memory. 

The logo looks good, but I wouldn't use this for anything in the KWC area.

Yeah, I don't think going with Grand River is wrong, but there would be some risks using an arrowhead in the logo. This is former Haldimand Tract land and although the region is pretty supportive of first nation (the land was clearly sold to a British Loyalist) I would tend to avoid native american symbols.

20 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

Yeah, I don't think going with Grand River is wrong, but there would be some risks using an arrowhead in the logo. This is former Haldimand Tract land and although the region is pretty supportive of first nation (the land was clearly sold to a British Loyalist) I would tend to avoid native american symbols.

mmm.  damn.  seemed like a cool idea.

10 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Logo: 

• Crown - The crown embodies the royal name, which is also represented in the city coat of arms. 

Uniforms

3 things that you would need to change if you want to pass the smell test.

1) Ville de Québec. I've never heard that in French.  It's Québec. 

2) Royals. If it's something, it has to be Royaux if anything. Unlike Montreal, Québec City doesn't have an important English base. Why would you even put an English name? Not a big fan of the FC in the name. What's wrong with CS (Club de Soccer) 

3) Retour contre le mur? It's a really bad translation. Acollés au mur or dos au mur would be more accurate as a translation and even then, I don't even think it makes a  great motto. It looks like the team is already folding when I read that.  Par la bouche de nos canons  would be good if you're going with the old school Québec a famous Frontenac quote.

Quebec City Royals? It would be hard to come up with a worse name for a team in Quebec. Everyone hates the monarchy here from hard core separatists to anglo federalists and that includes both the French monarchy of the past and English monarchy of the past and present. But hey with a slogan like, Retour contre le mur, what could go wrong? LOL

Some pretty good critiques here.

If you don't want to @Jahinho Guerro I'm probably going to take that little chateau logo and make some updates.  I don't wanna step on your toes but so far most of the comments seem pretty logical.

There's just too much right with the logo to do anything else, but too much fair criticism to completely ignore it as well.

4 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

which?

Sorry I was not clear.

In your current avatar, the grey citadel shape you have in the background. Can you make a logo with that shape instead of the six sided star. Then fit the flag lion and ball inside of that?

Try to make the border of the whole logo within this shape:

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/75/220450483_dccb43ca1e_o.png&imgrefurl=http://spacing.ca/atlantic/2010/04/08/time-to-give-citadel-hill-a-facelift/&h=580&w=875&tbnid=0-xrbmw0QiuXnM:&docid=hp3TrdTb9jF22M&ei=rBzmVsuNK4rtjgT5qJaoDg&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwjLk6nYi7_LAhWKtoMKHXmUBeUQMwhBKBAwEA

On 19 March, 2016 at 0:44 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Logo: 

Uniforms

I love everything except the name.  

Name:  I'm not sure the name "Royals" would go over very well in Québec.

Crest:  Beautiful, don't change a thing.

Ground:  The only choice, hoping it could be upgraded eventually.

Kit:  Beautiful

Archived