1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I dont understand the need to belittle me before offering your opinion.

My apologies. It was a sincere inquiry not meant to be disrespectful. Your handle "GuillermoDelQuarto" is not an English name and many are not aware of the peculiarities of English soccer history.

There was no intent on my part to belittle or even be a "grumpy fucker".

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ted said:

My apologies. It was a sincere inquiry not meant to be disrespectful. Your handle "GuillermoDelQuarto" is not an English name and many are not aware of the peculiarities of English soccer history.

There was no intent on my part to belittle or even be a "grumpy fucker".

Well, fair enough, apology accepted.  

Consider the rabble roused :P

3 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

This board seems SO bitter these days. Guillermo, your doing a bang up job. No one else is even trying, and these are great. And actually fun and not just a stupid debate. Keep it up man.

Thanks man.  Doing my best to be positive, but comments like this make it pretty damn easy.  

with regards to the bitterness, I blame it partially on the fact that its an internet forum, through text.  Often times I think people say things that can be read into many different ways, and in real life would depend on the tone of the person saying it, and often it can quickly escalate from there.  I hope people try and keep this in mind when responding to comments, it's so easy to feel like someones shitting on you, when in reality, these are often more debates than they are arguments, which are healthy and good for the community.  

On March 12, 2016 at 2:50 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Hey, so I tried a bunch of shield shapes, and none really looked very good to me, and while I was thinking about where to fit in the citadel star, I had an idea.  And honestly I think I nailed it.  

"Welcome to the Citadel"

aSgpNsp.png

This is still my favourite one, I love the citadel badge shape, very unique.

Hello,

I have been lurking for awhile -this is my first post- I had to join this conversation.

Guillermo, may you please try the NS design again from the beginning. Try this, if you have time...

The little Citadel you made as an accent for the logo (IMO) should be the shape of the whole logo. Then reach/stretch the obverted St. Andrew's cross along the quarter corners; I apologize for the poor English. Centre the Lion on the ball, throw a banner on the bottom.

I am a fan of your work Guillermo.

The league shouldn't happen without the three big provinces, so here is the first of my instalment with a second Toronto team.

TUFC-1-1.jpg.6eb7325212762692a677143de48

Name: Toronto United Football Club

"The nickname United derives from several meanings of the city of Toronto. It symbolizes the unification of the former six cities (Toronto, Scarborough, North York, York, East York, and Etobicoke) to combine Toronto. It also represents the diverse community of the city of Toronto in which they would unite to support TUFC. 

Official Colours: T.O Night Blue, T.O Day Blue, Loonie Gold, City Black, and Sky White

rsz_tufc-colours.jpg.82f840dcfdf76dd944e

Stadium: Telus Stadium - 12K capacity ;(formerly Allan Lamport Stadium)

rsz_tufc-stadium.jpg.72bf3965a9cebcc1cea

Telus has been looking to invest into the Toronto sports scene for a long time now, but haven't due to the fact that MLSE is owned by their competitors. Sponsorship for the team jersey is a 5 year deal (ending in 2022)  and the stadium deal expires in 2028 (10-year deal)

$10 Million Renovation Project:

• 10k permanent fixed seats in both stands (main [east] stand named Allan Lamport Stand, west is Liberty Stand (a nod to the location of the stadium being in Liberty Village)
  • Upgrade to the concessions, change rooms (under west concessions concourse).
  • 7 suites (3 Corporate, 1 team, 4 Public Suites)
  • Creation of a supporters terrace  (2k capacity)
  • Revolution 360 Turf Installation
  • 460x320 Video Board
  • Roof Installation for East and West stands

Logo: 

rsz_tufc-logo-explanation.jpg.722fb28c9c

• TU - Stylized T & U, represents the abbreviation of the the team name  "Toronto United".
  • Gold Eagle - Is a symbol of the strength, courage, and power. 
  • Shield - The shield represents the cities coat of arms.
  • Circle - The circles represents a unified movement, emphasizing the clubs commitment to be a progressive club. The circle within the circle represents the supporters within the community as the clubs players and supporters come from multiple cities around the GTA. It also pays a unique homage to the cities transportation fare coins, in which over 2 million people use every day, and would potential use to attend games.

rsz_tufc-logo-white.jpg.c4a207f0b55de3ce

rsz_tufc-motto.jpg.d013b9fe10608efb25b6d

Motto: Diversitas Noster Vis (Diversity Our Strength) - Comes from the city of Toronto's motto but converted to latin. It speaks to the clubs motive to be a true extension of the city of Toronto, and surrounding cities.

Uniforms

rsz_tufc-uniform.jpg.067826029a28f6fb1cb

Next up..... "Quebec City"

22 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

The league shouldn't happen with the three big city teams, so here is the first of my instalment.

TUFC-1-1.jpg.6eb7325212762692a677143de48

Name: Toronto United Football Club

"The nickname United derives from several meanings of the city of Toronto. It symbolizes the unification of the former six cities (Toronto, Scarborough, North York, York, East York, and Etobicoke) to combine Toronto. It also represents the diverse community of the city of Toronto in which they would unite to support TUFC. 

Official Colours: T.O Night Blue, T.O Day Blue, Loonie Gold, City Black, and Sky White

rsz_tufc-colours.jpg.82f840dcfdf76dd944e

Stadium: Telus Stadium - 12K capacity ;(formerly Allan Lamport Stadium)

rsz_tufc-stadium.jpg.72bf3965a9cebcc1cea

Telus has been looking to invest into the Toronto sports scene for a long time now, but haven't due to the fact that MLSE is owned by their competitors. Sponsorship for the team jersey is a 5 year deal (ending in 2022)  and the stadium deal expires in 2028 (10-year deal)

$10 Million Renovation Project:

• 10k permanent fixed seats in both stands (main [east] stand named Allan Lamport Stand, west is Liberty Stand (a nod to the location of the stadium being in Liberty Village)
  • Upgrade to the concessions, change rooms (under west concessions concourse).
  • 7 suites (3 Corporate, 1 team, 4 Public Suites)
  • Creation of a supporters terrace  (2k capacity)
  • Revolution 360 Turf Installation
  • 460x320 Video Board
  • Roof Installation for East and West stands

Logo: 

rsz_tufc-logo-explanation.jpg.722fb28c9c

• TU - Stylized T & U, represents the abbreviation of the the team name  "Toronto United".
  • Gold Eagle - Is a symbol of the strength, courage, and power. 
  • Shield - The shield represents the cities coat of arms.
  • Circle - The circles represents a unified movement, emphasizing the clubs commitment to be a progressive club. The circle within the circle represents the supporters within the community as the clubs players and supporters come from multiple cities around the GTA. It also pays a unique homage to the cities transportation fare coins, in which over 2 million people use every day, and would potential use to attend games.

rsz_tufc-logo-white.jpg.c4a207f0b55de3ce

rsz_tufc-motto.jpg.d013b9fe10608efb25b6d

Motto: Diversitas Noster Vis (Diversity Our Strength) - Comes from the city of Toronto's motto but converted to latin. It speaks to the clubs motive to be a true extension of the city of Toronto, and surrounding cities.

Uniforms

rsz_tufc-uniform.jpg.067826029a28f6fb1cb

I love it! Telus hire this person right away! Good steps in the right direction! Is there any way a proposal can reach Telus. The Telus logo on those uniforms loos awesome

@GuillermoDelQuarto Kitchener-Waterloo is a tough one to design for. I personally love our logo for our supporters group, which is Lord Kitchener with two bears from the Berlin flag on the side. (Kitchener used to be called Berlin and it is getting to be en vogue here in KW again). 

So my ideas -

Something German/Berlin/Munich like. We have the biggest oktoberfest festival outside of Munich.

Something about the Grand River (ties all three communities together, which is important because people get picky about which cities are represented here, KW United has struggled to get support from Cambridge because it doesn't say Cambridge in the name...)

Porridge Eating Monsters. That was the name of the famous Galt team that one the Olympics. More a joke, but in 1904 a team from Galt (Cambridge) went to St.Louis and thrashed a bunch of American teams, also went to England and generally did well. They were originally led by David Forsyth, a chemistry professor who really got soccer kicked off in this country.

I know some of this is for fun, but do y'all really think a team would be in the K-W? I feel like its to close to the "flagship" team in Hamilton.

I see more London,... Kingston, .....Windsor as possible teams from Ontario

10th largest city in Canada and personally, most of us can't stand Hamilton. Saying that, we are so close to Toronto it will be hard to pull some people in. Kitchener tends to not have as well defined of an identity in my opinion. But it's one of the growth cities in Canada and has a good migrant population that would probably show up.

I tend to side with you generally, but damn I want a team here. The rivalry with Hamilton would be great.

16 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Yeah Rob, I dunno.  This is my favourite and I think it's done.  Maybe some slight touch ups but overall, I've looked at about 1000 bison and this is my favourite.  5OsYBcS.png

Sorry I got busy with work so needed to catch up.

I like this latest bison the best as well. You can tell it's a bison without the inability to pick out the details of some of the others, it is clearly representative of the bison and also incorporates the Cree art aspect, which I'm a huge fan of. 

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I know some of this is for fun, but do y'all really think a team would be in the K-W? I feel like its to close to the "flagship" team in Hamilton.

I see more London,... Kingston, .....Windsor as possible teams from Ontario

Honestly who knows.  I figured I'd just do as many as possible and see what happened.  

1 hour ago, Levi Oakey said:

10th largest city in Canada and personally, most of us can't stand Hamilton. Saying that, we are so close to Toronto it will be hard to pull some people in. Kitchener tends to not have as well defined of an identity in my opinion. But it's one of the growth cities in Canada and has a good migrant population that would probably show up.

I tend to side with you generally, but damn I want a team here. The rivalry with Hamilton would be great.

It probably wouldn't happen right away, but could be an early expansion team for sure.  The population is there and that's the most important part really.  That and hype, but that's a less concrete statistic :P

17 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

@GuillermoDelQuarto Kitchener-Waterloo is a tough one to design for. I personally love our logo for our supporters group, which is Lord Kitchener with two bears from the Berlin flag on the side. (Kitchener used to be called Berlin and it is getting to be en vogue here in KW again).

Hertha Kitchener? :-D

Union Kitchener: a nod to the town's blue-collar, industrial roots, sure to bring the lefty crowds running. LOL 

6 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Hertha Kitchener? :-D

Union Kitchener: a nod to the town's blue-collar, industrial roots, sure to bring the lefty crowds running. LOL 

Seize the means of production and hand it to the people.  If Guillermo can use art to start the political revolution then we'll say it's two birds stoned at once!  Viva la revolution! :P

Personally I'm more of a fan of the ideas that are not European throwbacks. Stanley Park FC, Foothills, and the like are much better than the, purposefully ironic and puny Inter Regina. Some of the most terrible names in MLS (Real Salt Lake *ahem*) are bizarre non-connections to European setups. And yes, I'm well aware of K-W's German heritage. It's still not nearly as authentic as Grand River in the name.

Archived