• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sKriSh said:

Loving all the design's so far, the simplicity of them is great.

Knowing the Flames ownership group, the name might be on the cheesy side, but the colours will most definitely be red and white with the potential of gold or black as accents.

Not sure if you guys would be able to incorporate features of the Calgary Coat of Arms in your design.  The silhouette of the horse would be great.
calgary_coat_of_arms_letterhead-rc807301

I do like the use of the bull as well, but something more in line with the U of C's crest would be interesting to see.

coat-of-arms.jpg

Maybe I'll try the whitehorse in place of the deer.  Kinda jocking the stamps a bit, but it could work.

5 minutes ago, munseahawk said:

That waterloo logo you referenced is for the county not the city. The city colours are more black and gold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterloo,_Ontario#/media/File:Waterloo,_Ontario_%28typing%29.svg

hm, well cambridge has blue and yellow, so maybe swap waterloo and Cambridge colours and it still works.  Not sure how else to do it really

Yeah, I think I'd wear that.. PUL5Cf5.png

On 3/18/2016 at 9:25 PM, Pqhbv said:

Hello,

I have been lurking for awhile -this is my first post- I had to join this conversation.

Guillermo, may you please try the NS design again from the beginning. Try this, if you have time...

The little Citadel you made as an accent for the logo (IMO) should be the shape of the whole logo. Then reach/stretch the obverted St. Andrew's cross along the quarter corners; I apologize for the poor English. Centre the Lion on the ball, throw a banner on the bottom.

I am a fan of your work Guillermo.

As per your earlier request.  Banner can easily be added4tKB33y.png

Thoughts?

Love the way the Scotia one is heading from there on, keep at it. TYVM.

Can you 'pull' the logo a bit, like its wrapped around a bottle, or a label. Just a little bit to kind of stylize the 1/8 points. 

As for the KWC one, stick with those colours. The Regional municipality of Waterloo uses those colours in their crest. That region includes KWC and smaller municipalities. 

1 minute ago, zen said:

YES!!! Damn that looks nice

:D

I'm digging the futuristic vibe.  Everything I read acts like the area is the silicon valley of canada.  Why not have a crest that reflects that.

Edit: I really gotta stop pattin myself on the back but I'm depressed after that game - looking for any silver lining.

On 3/25/2016 at 10:46 AM, sKriSh said:

Loving all the design's so far, the simplicity of them is great.

Knowing the Flames ownership group, the name might be on the cheesy side, but the colours will most definitely be red and white with the potential of gold or black as accents.

Not sure if you guys would be able to incorporate features of the Calgary Coat of Arms in your design.  The silhouette of the horse would be great.
calgary_coat_of_arms_letterhead-rc807301

I do like the use of the bull as well, but something more in line with the U of C's crest would be interesting to see.

coat-of-arms.jpg

dSFElQm.png

hows this?

On 3/19/2016 at 0:44 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Name: Ville de Québec Royals Football Club (Quebec City Royals or QC Royals)

rsz_qc-logo-brand.jpg

Official Colours:  [primary] Bleu Capitale, Laval Rouge, [secondary] Or Champlain, Ville White 

rsz_qc-colours.jpg 

Stadium: Telus Stadium (PEPS Stadium) - 12,275K Capacity

*Ground sharing with the University of Laval

rsz_qc-stadium.jpg

Logo: 

rsz_qc-logo-description.jpg

• Bridge Span - A unique representation of the Pierre Laporte Bridge, it signifies the bridging of the gap between Quebec City and surrounding areas.
  • Shield - Is a symbol of strength, defence and solidarity amongst the citizens, with the brick pattern referencing the history of the city's fortified walls.
  • Crown - The crown embodies the royal name, which is also represented in the city coat of arms. 
  • QC - Represents the English abbreviation of the city, stylized as an emblem
  • Chateau - Pays nod to the Chateau Frontenac which is one of the most iconic builds in Quebec City, and one of Canada's National Historic sites.

rsz_qc-logo.jpg

rsz_qc-motto.jpg

Motto: Retour Contre le Mur (en: Backs Against the Wall)In three parts, it represents:

• The club - who's mission is to develop a strong product,
  • The supporters -  who will support the team even through hard times
  • The players who will always defend there home.

The wall reference derives from the ramparts that surround Old Quebec, paying homage to the fight to preserve the cities rich history. 

Uniforms

rsz_qc-uniform.jpg

Hey @Jahinho Guerro was just playing around with some of the elements from your crest, hope you don't mind :)

kNok1AZ.png

3 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Just added some black spaces to clean up the Tricity one, pretty sure it's better.

Good choice with the black space on the Tricity Logo.

I really like the red and white jerseys that Jahinho had for QC, but I suppose red is probably not the most appropriate for them. Maybe it could work for Calgary.

For Calgary's logo I though something like this would be pretty classy:

1024px-Melbourne_City_FC.svg.png

If i look like I recommend a lot of City group's teams, I just think their branding has been spot on.

20 minutes ago, zen said:

Good choice with the black space on the Tricity Logo.

I really like the red and white jerseys that Jahinho had for QC, but I suppose red is probably not the most appropriate for them. Maybe it could work for Calgary.

For Calgary's logo I though something like this would be pretty classy:

1024px-Melbourne_City_FC.svg.png

If i look like I recommend a lot of City group's teams, I just think their branding has been spot on.

^Haha I was gonna say.  I'm assuming you don't want it to say Calgary city, and the colours would probably have to be different, but I could probably try it, although I thought I had finished the Calgary one.

On 25 March, 2016 at 2:00 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Better?WjTmerX.png

The white inner circle doesn't really work, at least with these colours.

Darkened the green and blue up and it sorta works.  I dunno.

r5z9Ibg.png

edit: when i find the best one i'll go in and make the letters intersect a little better, so maybe try to ignore that part for now.  k39joCE.png

Not there yet, but personally I like the general direction this is heading.

I like it, but I'm really not a fan of "Tricity."  

7 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

haha well if you got better ideas I'm all ears.  I'm looking for something that doesn't specifically favour any of the three cities more than the other.  and Grand River was shot down relatively quickly haha

Dumfries United,  Galt FC,  Borussia Kitchener, Berlin Jelly Doughnuts, SV Ich binn ein Berliner, Mennonite FC, AFC We're Not Toronto, BlackBerry FC (with no relegation, "going down" chants won't make any sense)

On 3/28/2016 at 0:32 AM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

^Haha I was gonna say.  I'm assuming you don't want it to say Calgary city, and the colours would probably have to be different, but I could probably try it, although I thought I had finished the Calgary one.

Yes, Calgary city is unnecessary, I'm not well versed in the history of the city enough to suggest a better name though. 

I'm not usually one to complain about naming convention, I do prefer the classic European ones lest you make your team sound like a high school sports team, but I do like the diversity that's there in MLS too. It's too bad Atlanta aren't going to be the Blackharts though, that could've have been a pretty awesome brand.

9 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

Dumfries United,  Galt FC,  Borussia Kitchener, Berlin Jelly Doughnuts, SV Ich binn ein Berliner, Mennonite FC, AFC We're Not Toronto, BlackBerry FC (with no relegation, "going down" chants won't make any sense)

I'm not too sure about any of these. I dont believe the KWC area is going to have more than 1 CPL team for a long time. Why restrict the name to a part of the population. Give the team a name that everyone can get behind.

I have always loved the old atlanta chiefs logo which a club (who is owned by former atlanta chief Kaizer Motaung) Kaizer Chiefs has a similar logo. So I not sure yet as to what city, but I was leaning towards maybe a Manitoba Chiefs or maybe a club in Regina. Depends I guess on how large of a league it becomes. Winnipeg definitely will have a team at the beginning, Regina could one day. ManitobaChiefsLarge.png

Archived