On 9/10/2016 at 6:26 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I'll happily take another crack at Winnipeg and KW, but maybe take a gander a couple of pages back, we had a decent amount of discussion and came up with a concept for each of those regions.  That being said, I think you have some really good idea's and perhaps there are ways to incorporate them into the current concepts.

Take a look and see what you think :)

Nothing is set in stone right now, and if I can make something that everyone can agree is the shit, i'm more than happy to make revisions

Thanks for the input :)

So I went through all 19 pages and I loved some more than others. I reconsidered the name Valour FC for the Winnipeg club. I think Winnipeg Football Club is perfect, however, I still think the Shield should incorporate the Victoria Cross. 

Image result for victoria cross canada

It's freaking awesome, it has a Lion and a Crown and it has banners draped on the sides that almost look like "W's". The deep blue is perfect for Winnipeg. 

Winnipeg also has the largest French community in Canada outside of Quebec, so the "For Valour" in the Cross can be in French "Pro Valore" as a nod to the French community. Also this Lion is wearing a freaking crown, that's awesome. That could be the whole identity of the club "LionHearts" 

The only other thing missing would be to incorporate something for the strong Aboriginal presence in the city. 

Maybe two hatchets on the side to symbolize the Cree and Ojibway tribes that Manitoba has. 

Image result for Cree tribe Weapons

Anyways thanks for considering all this. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, reme90 said:

So I went through all 19 pages and I loved some more than others. I reconsidered the name Valour FC for the Winnipeg club. I think Winnipeg Football Club is perfect, however, I still think the Shield should incorporate the Victoria Cross. 

It's freaking awesome, it has a Lion and a Crown and it has banners draped on the sides that almost look like "W's". The deep blue is perfect for Winnipeg. 

Winnipeg also has the largest French community in Canada outside of Quebec, so the "For Valour" in the Cross can be in French "Pro Valore" as a nod to the French community. Also this Lion is wearing a freaking crown, that's awesome. That could be the whole identity of the club "LionHearts" 

The only other thing missing would be to incorporate something for the strong Aboriginal presence in the city. 

Maybe two hatchets on the side to symbolize the Cree and Ojibway tribes that Manitoba has. 

Image result for Cree tribe Weapons

Anyways thanks for considering all this. 

Cool man.  I like all these.  I was .. moderately happy with the Winnipeg one, but I think i can use all of this.

Appreciate you contributing :)

also, I just thought of this from reme's comments regarding acknowledging the aboriginal presence and hopefully this could be food for thought for everyone for a little down the road.

What about doing a team for each "Nation" within Canada.  It might be a touchy subject, but who knows, maybe it would be a way to move past all the BS once and for all?

Cree Nation FC?

Am I taking crazy pills?

7 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, I just thought of this from reme's comments regarding acknowledging the aboriginal presence and hopefully this could be food for thought for everyone for a little down the road.

What about doing a team for each "Nation" within Canada.  It might be a touchy subject, but who knows, maybe it would be a way to move past all the BS once and for all?

Cree Nation FC?

Am I taking crazy pills?

You're cool for the concept, crazy to think if it would actually be supported lol

15 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

oh and one more thing.

What time is the most zen time in sauga?  when the light hits the clocktower just right. :P

W6BdBjh.png

I'm not sure is you need the square around the clock, or the part in the middle of the tower.

Would you be able to post different shaped crests, just so we can see what they look like??

22 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

k,

any in particular that you think might stand out?

Row, Column

r1, c2
r1, c4
r2, c2
r3, c2
r4, c3
r6, c3
r8, c1
r8, c5 

They are more clean cut, think they would work very well. Looking forward to seeing them.

Also, what city are you going to try your hand at next?

3 hours ago, zen said:

Row, Column

r1, c2
r1, c4
r2, c2
r3, c2
r4, c3
r6, c3
r8, c1
r8, c5 

They are more clean cut, think they would work very well. Looking forward to seeing them.

Also, what city are you going to try your hand at next?

thanks.  Honestly, not sure.  I've gotten a few good ideas to reattempt winnipeg, above, so maybe that, as well as maybe doing Kitchner.

I'm kinda torn about Kitchner Waterloo and Cambridge.  It does seem more reasonable to have a shared team, especially at first.  But at the same time, I could see why all three of those towns would want their own squad for banter between them.

Otherwise, maybe London.  Never really came up with a solid concept there.  And not 100% pleased with Surrey, and would like to do one for Richmond.  It's like, if you don't have good ideas, you can't really do anything, so this whole thing isn't exactly linear, and in large part depends on people contributing.  haha I only have so many ideas haha and especially for anything east of Alberta, I really haven't experienced the towns enough to know jackshit.

18 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Cree Nation FC?

Am I taking crazy pills?

I'm not too sure using Native imagery would necessarily be that realistic... appropriating their symbols (even if meant as tribute) isn't always looked kindly upon by some people in this day and age.

10 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

PZw83zB.png

Wow, hope that didn't take too long.

For 3, 7, and 8 would it be possible to place the gear and wings outside the shield at the top? It would give you some more space also to move the town hall up more.

3 hours ago, zen said:

Wow, hope that didn't take too long.

For 3, 7, and 8 would it be possible to place the gear and wings outside the shield at the top? It would give you some more space also to move the town hall up more.

haha actually it wasn't too bad.  bout an hour.  kinda did them all simultaneously, haha never done that before.  

Sorry just not sure which you mean for 3, 7 and 8?

assuming you mean r1,c3

r3,c1/2

but just correct me if I'm wrong

edit: oh and what time should the clock say!? // I will take out the box on the clock, just forgot last time

Just now, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

haha actually it wasn't too bad.  bout an hour.  kinda did them all simultaneously, haha never done that before.  

Sorry just not sure which you mean for 3, 7 and 8?

assuming you mean r1,c3

r3,c1/2

but just correct me if I'm wrong

Oh sorry I meant from the picture in my response, the 3rd one from the first row and then the last 2.

Archived