On the London FC, why not use the existing name Forest City London? Definitely my first choice for a club from there. Not sure I dig the colours, makes the tree part almost seem like it's out of some vampire metal band's choice of logos lol. Stick with FC London's colours and create something Forest City London. Aaaaaaaand GO!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Tuscan said:

On the London FC, why not use the existing name Forest City London? Definitely my first choice for a club from there. Not sure I dig the colours, makes the tree part almost seem like it's out of some vampire metal band's choice of logos lol. Stick with FC London's colours and create something Forest City London. Aaaaaaaand GO!

Hmm I see two different colour sets for FC london, not sure which the real one is.  And man, I don't know why but everytime I think of Forest city I think Dark Green, White and a little bit of Red, can't get anything else in my head for some reason.  For what it's worth there wouldn't be much red in the kits I envisioned.  haha and I thought the tree was cool!  i'll fiddle with it though.

heres the one we came up with earlier for Stoon (next post, having technical issues)

1 hour ago, Rintaran said:

I moved to Victoria about 2-yrs ago. Officially, the Dogwood is the "flower" of the province, but Ted's right in saying there's no local connection beyond there being some Dogwood trees. There's more of a local affinity to the Douglas Fir, bamboo, or Cherry Blossoms. If you're up for a "gag" logo, you could use a wedding veil, a cane, and a homeless man in a sleeping bag, and people in Victoria would recognise it instantly (with a sense of dread and embarrassment).

Personally, I like both the Highlander W Crown (despite the royal/Scottish issues) no Dogwood better. I also liked the previous darker-blue logo if it ends up being a team unassociated with the Highlanders. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a resurrection of Victoria United at some level of play, though not at the expense of the Highlanders I've grown to enjoy.

@ted well fuck me then ;)

Okay how about I ask this way.  Is there any symbol for the city that you guys would say people might actually Identify with?  The crown is okay but it's not overly specific to victoria.  I won't force the dogwood down anyone's throat but I need at least one decent idea.  Douglas Fir or Cherry blossoms you say?

hahahaha I might give the gag logo a try once I've exhausted all other projects.  The town of the newly wed and nearly dead eh?

2 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Is there any symbol for the city that you guys would say people might actually Identify with?  The crown is okay but it's not overly specific to victoria.

I liked* the old Victoria United crest which featured the parliament buildings:

vic_utd_crest.jpg

* yes I hated the ball.

Guillermo, are you creating these badges on request at the moment?

If so, whenever you have the time, could you possibly come up with a couple concepts for some of the names I had mentioned in the other thread? Your Blizzard ones were pretty sick by the way.

As for any symbols or concepts, anything that you find inspiring from this article! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_York. As for colours, maybe a combination of red, blue and white? Just taking a stab at it at this point :) Cheers man.

- York United FC

- Royal York FC

- Toronto York FC

- York FC

13 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

If so, whenever you have the time, could you possibly come up with a couple concepts for some of the names I had mentioned in the other thread? Your Blizzard ones were pretty sick by the way.

As for any symbols or concepts, anything that you find inspiring from this article! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_York. As for colours, maybe a combination of red, blue and white? Just taking a stab at it at this point :) Cheers man.

- York United FC

- Royal York FC

- Toronto York FC

- York FC

If you're looking along those lines, what about "The Redcoats?" 

28 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

lol Somewhat... I basically pick the requests I like the best :P

I'm gonna hold off just a tiny bit until the GTA thread narrow's down the York Idea a little, but i'll be happy to give it a shot when you guys narrow it down.  Been getting a ton of requests recently, and wanting to satisfy them all, but with work being crazy and trying to do as many of these as possible, as well as it being nearly winter here I think I've went and gotten myself sick.

17 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

If you're looking along those lines, what about "The Redcoats?" 

Call me crazy but it seems pretty obvious to me that the second toronto team should be blue.  Classic Red v Blue with TFC

1 hour ago, ted said:

I liked* the old Victoria United crest which featured the parliament buildings:

vic_utd_crest.jpg

* yes I hated the ball.

Now we're getting somewhere!  Okay last thing... I gotta at least try and incorporate garden city somehow, even if it isn't the main element.  I know you dislike the dogwood, but is there any flower that would work better?  I promise I won't make it the central element if you pick something.

2 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

@GuillermoDelQuarto If you make a version with FC instead of "Forest City," tweet that at FC London. I bet they'd love it 

Edit: Actually, just realized "FC" was a rebrand, not a different team. Could tweet as is

lol ah well, too late.  Guillermo strikes again! :P

1 hour ago, ironcub14 said:

- York United FC

- Royal York FC

- Toronto York FC

- York FC

Just as a note: York United is the name used by some rep teams up in York Region (Newmarket especially, IIRC), so I probably wouldn't use that (also it makes it sound like a York Region thing anyway).

1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Now we're getting somewhere!  Okay last thing... I gotta at least try and incorporate garden city somehow, even if it isn't the main element.  I know you dislike the dogwood, but is there any flower that would work better?  I promise I won't make it the central element if you pick something.

I liked the oakleaves that went around this proposal for a new crest that never went anywhere. Garry Oaks are a special tree around here.

newutdlogoblue.jpg

6 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

The douglas fir could use some cleaning up, and I know Ted will still hate the dogwood, but you guys are garden city so if you don't pick a better flower for behind the crown(to make it pop) im keeping it there for when i send these all to the CSA.

Admit it ted, other than the dogwood, u like it :P

1) What Douglas Fir? You added Oak Leaves.

2) The random colours look hideous and the crown looks better without the white blob behind it.

3) The shield with the parliament buildings outline looks good.

4) I have tried to be polite and helpful but you made a decision and are unwilling to face the facts. You would have to be the most belligerent, insensitive, arrogant a-hole to refuse to acknowledge the truth that the dogwood is not relevant to the City of Victoria or the Capital Regional District.

5) WTF do you mean, "send to the CSA"??! There is no way in hell that the CSA wants or needs these. They will not be the ones designing crests and teams will want to build there own brand identities.

Oh, and:

6) The year 1904 refers to Victoria United and has no business on something marked FC Victoria which is an actual team that operated for several years with no connection to Vic United.

28 minutes ago, ted said:

2) The random colours look hideous and the crown looks better without the white blob behind it.

4) I have tried to be polite and helpful but you made a decision and are unwilling to face the facts. You would have to be the most belligerent, insensitive, arrogant a-hole to refuse to acknowledge the truth that the dogwood is not relevant to the City of Victoria or the Capital Regional District.

5) WTF do you mean, "send to the CSA"??! There is no way in hell that the CSA wants or needs these. They will not be the ones designing crests and teams will want to build there own brand identities.

Oh, and:

6) The year 1904 refers to Victoria United and has no business on something marked FC Victoria which is an actual team that operated for several years with no connection to Vic United.

We're having fun in this thread, we don't need to change the tone to argumentative. 

On 9/20/2016 at 2:59 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

W7oj9AI.png

So was the consensus from the Victoria crowd that they didn't like this one?

I really think it's my favorite logo of all the logo's in this thread. If Victoria doesn't like it then some other city should get it, purely on aesthetics alone.  Like maybe instead of the K-W one which is a bit choppy.

3 hours ago, ted said:

Oh, and:

Chill out bud, was just giving you a hard time.  Could have easily left out the flower but just felt like winding you up, and it's worked, but I don't really want to argue, and like @Complete Homer said, that's really not the point of this, and I really do appreciate your help.

Douglas Fir, Gary Oak, Potato potato, I drew what you sent me and misspoke.  

Random colours?  Which colours are random?  The white outline on the Oak leaves looks better gold, I've since changed it, just haven't uploaded it yet.

And it's not me who's attached to the flower thing, like I said, it doesn't have to be dogwood, it just has to be a flower of some significance.  I took a representative sample of r/Victoria reddit looking for symbols and the overwhelming consensus was "garden city".  Honestly to refuse to acknowledge that seems more like you're the one unwilling to face facts.  Go ahead and do it yourself - go onto reddit and ask "what would be the best symbols for city of victoria" - You're going to get a majority saying something about Garden City.  Go ahead and do it right now.  You really think it's best to completely ignore the majority of people in your city because you think you know better?  Just seems a little out of touch and doesn't bode well for a potential club.

Lol CSA, the club, some hardcore supporter, who gives a shit, I'll make sure the right people see it.  And why shouldn't I?  I'm painstakingly(believe me, at times it's painful) getting input from the most hardcore of the fans(looking at you) and working with them until the majority of them are happy.  Why wouldn't they be interested to see what I've done.  You should be happy - you get the chance to work with someone who's actually willing to listen to your grumpy ass(:P with love!  I say it with love!) and go back and forth with you until you love looking at it.  

Oh and I can take the year off, it was on the one that I took the parliament thing.  Seemed badass that vic had soccer heritage that far back, but I get what you're saying.

edit: cmeeeeeree

200w.gif

2 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

So was the consensus from the Victoria crowd that they didn't like this one?

I really think it's my favorite logo of all the logo's in this thread. If Victoria doesn't like it then some other city should get it, purely on aesthetics alone.  Like maybe instead of the K-W one which is a bit choppy.

No, no, it was popular, just exhausting all ideas.

As far as the KW one, I'm going another direction, and it's a work in progress.

Archived