4 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I'm a little worried it'll be too much detail but i'll give it a shot.  I do like the idea though.

what about just the clock tower part?

You could try that..do you want to maybe try it all first and then cut down on it based in feedback?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/29/2016 at 11:39 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Yea, that makes sense.  Just being lazy lol 

Hey Guillermo have you made any progress, just eager to see what you've been up to :P

I like the straight "feathers" on the wings, but do you think you could extend the wings themselves upwards? And then place the gear in the middle? Similar to this this: 

stock-vector-set-banners-with-gears-in-t 

You are definitely getting closer though. 

19 minutes ago, zen said:

I like the straight "feathers" on the wings, but do you think you could extend the wings themselves upwards? And then place the gear in the middle? Similar to this this: 

stock-vector-set-banners-with-gears-in-t 

You are definitely getting closer though. 

Gonna have to change up the shape of the badge or make the building smaller to do that.  Not really sure which is the better option

2 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Gonna have to change up the shape of the badge or make the building smaller to do that.  Not really sure which is the better option

I think changing the shape of the top of the badge is probably the way to go.

Also if you used Gold for city hall the colours wouldn't clash as much. Try blue and white stripes too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, unless the building is as simple as the London Tower like in West Ham's badge, and essentially the only thing in the badge/the centerpiece of the badge, I'd stay away from using a building outline. Doesn't look good IMO. Why not play directly to Sauga's past and use farming imagery? What was the main production of the farms in the areas before the city took over? Perhaps use a generic looking crop like this: 1335996614-e1b22f1d0e0850a3758e1e99b2dd3

Also, I think symmetry needs to be maintained in the badge if you're going to go with symmetrical wings and gear at the top. To break symmetry I think would detract from the badge overall. Personally I love a good symmetrical badge. Chelsea's badge is quite close to being symmetrical. Same with Bayern's and Dortmund's. United's badge is quite symmetrical, as is TFC's and the Whitecaps'.

On 3 May, 2016 at 2:30 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I've been away from the forum for a bit, and you do such great work.  Can I press the like button in advance?

I knowww - I need like an hour chunk to sit down and really get anything accomplished and just haven't had it for a bit.  This weekend should be better.  Help me with Brampton, my initial drawing is shit, but I think the idea isn't terrible.  I even messaged the city of brampton facebook page and they're pretty sold on the city's soul being the city of flowers, but any ideas would help.  

As far as Sauga goes, getting closer - i think I agree with @Tuscan that it's too detailed, but disagree that it absolutely has to be symetrical (see everton) - I'm gonna try it with just the clock tower before going in another direction.  

@SuperCanuck you do you buddy.  You do you. :P

I guess i'll show you guys what I have been working on.  I'm running the local soccer league up in whitehorse, so I thought I'd put my skills to good use.  Trying to get four teams from the four main regions of town(well,three regions, and one that is more vague, for the spares).

It's not cities, but I imagine you guys won't mind seeing more soccer crests

here's the first two clubs.

Riverdale - based on the paddlewheelers that were used to transport good down the yukon river during the gold rush, this sits right in front of the only bridge on the way into Riverdale.

mzxm6ww.png

Then here's my neighbourhood, Copper Ridge.  The greater copper ridge area contains the First Nation village in town, and with the Raven/Crow as a prominent symbol in FN culture(as well as in town generally) I thought it seemed like a perfect choice.  In my mind they would have the nickname "Corvids" which is the genus of birds that contains both crows and ravens.

fxvNc10.png

Got a couple more if you guys are interested, they aren't quite done, but i'll show you guys if you want when they are.

one more I guess.  As we are the land of the midnight sun, Midnight Sun United only seemed fitting for the spares that didn't fit into the three biggest neighbourhoods in town.  The line pattern is meant as a homage to local artist ted harrison, who's work is scattered throughout the community.

Ted%2BHarrison,%2Bpaintings%2B(3).jpg

HuS2WkK.png

Cheers folks, hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far.  CPL logos to follow soon! :D

19 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

This isn't a logo, but I'm just starting up learning to silkscreen shirts.  If anyone wants any of the logos so far, hit me up, i'll send you it for free if you promise you'll actually wear it.

Any update on Sauga Guillermo or did you put that aside?

On 14 May, 2016 at 11:19 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I guess i'll show you guys what I have been working on.  I'm running the local soccer league up in whitehorse, so I thought I'd put my skills to good use.  Trying to get four teams from the four main regions of town(well,three regions, and one that is more vague, for the spares).

It's not cities, but I imagine you guys won't mind seeing more soccer crests

here's the first two clubs.

Riverdale - based on the paddlewheelers that were used to transport good down the yukon river during the gold rush, this sits right in front of the only bridge on the way into Riverdale.

mzxm6ww.png

Then here's my neighbourhood, Copper Ridge.  The greater copper ridge area contains the First Nation village in town, and with the Raven/Crow as a prominent symbol in FN culture(as well as in town generally) I thought it seemed like a perfect choice.  In my mind they would have the nickname "Corvids" which is the genus of birds that contains both crows and ravens.

fxvNc10.png

Got a couple more if you guys are interested, they aren't quite done, but i'll show you guys if you want when they are.

Great work, as always.  

Where did you get those badges made?? My team is probably getting new jerseys right away and the place in town only silkscreens on crests, would much prefer actual badges even if we have to sew them on ourselves.

I just went through a local place and they order from somewhere tuscan, couldn't tell ya where.  It was pretty expensive, but they do look really sharp.  I'll be back with sauga soon enough, Just been super busy the last few weeks taking over the mens league here.  My predecessor left me a cluster fuck.

Archived