couple of early drafts,

I know grande prarie isn't overly realistic size wise, but I bumped into an old friend who is currently living there at the airport and we came up with this on the flight.  the middle thing is the Canola plant

CCOFRdZ.png

Not totally sure about this one yet either for Surrey, but you gotta start somewhere.  Initially thought of doing a Tiger(with all the south asian heritage there and such), but thought it was better to do a mountain lion (although keeping the orange as a subtle nod).   haha be nice, it's a rough draft

oKuSpJq.png

also, part of me feels like I'm kinda ripping off Orlando, but didn't realize this until afterwards.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Wascana FC with the arrowhead pointing down. I don't think the word Wanderers has to be on the badge necessarily, but NA sports people can't seem to handle a team logo unless all of its name is on there so keep it to your own discretion. 

On 9/5/2016 at 8:34 AM, Tuscan said:

Love the Wascana FC with the arrowhead pointing down. I don't think the word Wanderers has to be on the badge necessarily, but NA sports people can't seem to handle a team logo unless all of its name is on there so keep it to your own discretion. 

Meh, I trust that you and Rob can turn it into a pet name(Kinda like how everyone calls Manchester United "The Red Devils").  Or maybe Wascana Wanderers would make a good name for a supporters group?  

Alright, I'm sold, lets make a supporters group. :P

10 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Hey GuillermoDelQuarto, any chance you'd create an image that includes your favourite logo from each of the 10ish markers discussed? I love your enthusiasm but 18 pages is a lot to parse through 

I'm going to do a catalog when I'm finished.  I know the thread is a bit excessive but it's the best way to get feedback.

I'm assuming by markers you meant markets, but yes, that is coming.

You can help me along by helping with the last one, Moncton, just need a bit more feedback.

34 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Hopefully the last concept before I put together a little catalog.  it needs a bit of tidying up but I think the concept is solid, used the acadian flag to make up the waves as Moncton is known for it's tides and Acadian heritage.

qraf8Wh.png

like I said, needs cleaning up but curious if people like the concept generally.

Swanky, I love it

1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Hopefully the last concept before I put together a little catalog.  it needs a bit of tidying up but I think the concept is solid, used the acadian flag to make up the waves as Moncton is known for it's tides and Acadian heritage.

qraf8Wh.png

like I said, needs cleaning up but curious if people like the concept generally.

Most of you know that I am the first to deride "ethnic" identities. This is exactly the sort of thing I am always suggesting as GOOD. A name/identity with wide appeal but with some meaning for a local ethnic community to show pride in the SHARED heritage of the city without excluding anyone.

Although to be fair, I thought the badge looked rather Cuban or Central American until I read the description. ;)

8 hours ago, ted said:

Most of you know that I am the first to deride "ethnic" identities. This is exactly the sort of thing I am always suggesting as GOOD. A name/identity with wide appeal but with some meaning for a local ethnic community to show pride in the SHARED heritage of the city without excluding anyone.

Although to be fair, I thought the badge looked rather Cuban or Central American until I read the description. ;)

here's what it's reminding you of

Costa_Rica_football_association.png

15 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Sure.  What would it look like?  What's unique about Scarborough?

Nice work. Enjoying these.

I have 2 ideas for a team in Winnipeg and another in the Kitchener Waterloo region. Could you do those next, please?

Winnipeg has the Jets and Bombers so they have a real military feel to the sports teams. In keeping with the military theme I thought a soccer team would take the ground war, since the air war is covered.

There's a famous road in Winnipeg called Valour Road. 3 men who lived on the same street were awarded the Victoria Cross for Valour. 

I think the team name should be Valour FC or Winnipeg Arsenal. Colors have to be Blue and Silver I think.

The supporters group could be the Rebels or Warriors after Louis Riel and the strong Aboriginal tribes.

For Kitchener, it's name used to be Berlin. After German Mennonites migrated to the area. A cross would be nice, as part of the heritage to the area.

If you have the time it would be great to see what you come up with.

Just seeing this thread now ...

Yes to the Toronto shirt sponsored by Yukon Brewing and with 'Herschel' over the right breast. This is an homage to Herschel Island I suppose? And Yukon Brewing on tap (or hell, even in bottles) at any sporting event would be a nice touch.

And a big yes to the Grande Prairie badge. Though if I'm being picky, canola growing at the foot of a pump jack would be apt.

Throw in a Charlottetown reference and you've chronicled my moves from coast to coast nicely. Five years in the Yukon followed by a six month working staycation in PEI prior to settling in Peace River, AB (about 150 km from Grande Prairie).

NIcely done!

Archived