35 minutes ago, reme90 said:

Nice work. Enjoying these.

I have 2 ideas for a team in Winnipeg and another in the Kitchener Waterloo region. Could you do those next, please?

Winnipeg has the Jets and Bombers so they have a real military feel to the sports teams. In keeping with the military theme I thought a soccer team would take the ground war, since the air war is covered.

There's a famous road in Winnipeg called Valour Road. 3 men who lived on the same street were awarded the Victoria Cross for Valour. 

I think the team name should be Valour FC or Winnipeg Arsenal. Colors have to be Blue and Silver I think.

The supporters group could be the Rebels or Warriors after Louis Riel and the strong Aboriginal tribes.

For Kitchener, it's name used to be Berlin. After German Mennonites migrated to the area. A cross would be nice, as part of the heritage to the area.

If you have the time it would be great to see what you come up with.

I'll happily take another crack at Winnipeg and KW, but maybe take a gander a couple of pages back, we had a decent amount of discussion and came up with a concept for each of those regions.  That being said, I think you have some really good idea's and perhaps there are ways to incorporate them into the current concepts.

Take a look and see what you think :)

Nothing is set in stone right now, and if I can make something that everyone can agree is the shit, i'm more than happy to make revisions

Thanks for the input :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Varsity Tyler said:

Just seeing this thread now ...

Yes to the Toronto shirt sponsored by Yukon Brewing and with 'Herschel' over the right breast. This is an homage to Herschel Island I suppose? And Yukon Brewing on tap (or hell, even in bottles) at any sporting event would be a nice touch.

And a big yes to the Grande Prairie badge. Though if I'm being picky, canola growing at the foot of a pump jack would be apt.

Throw in a Charlottetown reference and you've chronicled my moves from coast to coast nicely. Five years in the Yukon followed by a six month working staycation in PEI prior to settling in Peace River, AB (about 150 km from Grande Prairie).

NIcely done!

Yeah, I'm a yukoner so I had to whore out yukon brewing at some point, and I believe hershel is actually a canadian company so It seemed fitting for the Rival of the MLS club in Tdot to have a uniquely canadian kit manufacturer.  But yes, at the same time I think I gravitated towards it because of Hershel island and whatnot.  I'll have to see what a pump-jack looks like.  Like I said, nothing set in stone yet, so maybe that'll be better.

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the input bud! :D

3 hours ago, reme90 said:

Winnipeg has the Jets and Bombers so they have a real military feel to the sports teams. In keeping with the military theme I thought a soccer team would take the ground war, since the air war is covered.

There's a famous road in Winnipeg called Valour Road. 3 men who lived on the same street were awarded the Victoria Cross for Valour. 

I think the team name should be Valour FC or Winnipeg Arsenal. Colors have to be Blue and Silver I think.

The supporters group could be the Rebels or Warriors after Louis Riel and the strong Aboriginal tribes.

"The name of the Blue Bombers team came from then a young (now legendary) Winnipeg sports writer Vince Leah. Playing a 1936 exhibition game against the University of North Dakota, Leah remarked in an article that, “These are the Blue Bombers of Western football”. 

The phrase was in part referenced from then heavyweight boxing champion Joe Louis who was known as the "Brown Bomber". 

From that day, the Winnipeg Football Club has been known as the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. 
http://www.winnipegfame.ca/vince_leah.shtml

Wasn't fact checking you, just was curious in the military history and came across that information.

2 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, little update on Moncton

personally think it's an improvement - thought a cool slogan would be something to do with the mud - "Get stuck in the mud" or something.

8cxOgLW.png

My only suggestions to your designs is to try some different fonts. I commend you for taking feedback, requests, and criticism - you're getting better mate.

16 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, little update on Moncton

personally think it's an improvement - thought a cool slogan would be something to do with the mud - "Get stuck in the mud" or something.

8cxOgLW.png

I might have preferred the original Tbh. The wave shape was particularly pleasing, and the Acadia aspect was more subtle

15 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

"The name of the Blue Bombers team came from then a young (now legendary) Winnipeg sports writer Vince Leah. Playing a 1936 exhibition game against the University of North Dakota, Leah remarked in an article that, “These are the Blue Bombers of Western football”. 

The phrase was in part referenced from then heavyweight boxing champion Joe Louis who was known as the "Brown Bomber". 

From that day, the Winnipeg Football Club has been known as the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. 
http://www.winnipegfame.ca/vince_leah.shtml

Wasn't fact checking you, just was curious in the military history and came across that information.

really?  So it literally has nothing to do with the military?  I'm actually shocked.

On 9/9/2016 at 2:27 PM, zen said:

hey did you have a chance to finish Sauga?

hey buddy, appreciate your patience.  It has been... zen-like. :P

It seems like you're the guy for sauga, so i'll show you what I have right now and you can tell me what direction you think it should go.

I would say it's slightly too detailed at this point, but I like all of the current elements.  Perhaps just the clock-tower?

xMpCjks.png

1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

hey buddy, appreciate your patience.  It has been... zen-like. :P

It seems like you're the guy for sauga, so i'll show you what I have right now and you can tell me what direction you think it should go.

I would say it's slightly too detailed at this point, but I like all of the current elements.  Perhaps just the clock-tower?

xMpCjks.png

LOL i don't know about zen-like but it's cool, you were busy this summer. Hopefully stuff you were working on went well.

About the wings, I think they would look better if they extended up similar to this:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=wings+coming+out+of+a+gear&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=639&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUmZHqgYjPAhUDWT4KHVGrD4IQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1.25#tbm=isch&q=gear+with+wings&imgrc=XkXOricRdYLDeM%3A

Also the Sigma sign might look nice if it was in the middle of the gear.

Yeah there is too much detail. I don't know if the tower on it's own would be distinguishable though, you would be better off just throwing the skyline. I think the entire town hall is the way to go, but is there any way to make it less detailed or to use a different angle?

5 minutes ago, zen said:

LOL i don't know about zen-like but it's cool, you were busy this summer. Hope stuff you were working on went well.

About the wings, I think they would look better if they extended up similar to this:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=wings+coming+out+of+a+gear&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=639&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUmZHqgYjPAhUDWT4KHVGrD4IQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1.25#tbm=isch&q=gear+with+wings&imgrc=XkXOricRdYLDeM%3A

Also the Sigma sign might look nice if it was in the middle of the gear.

Yeah there is too much detail. I don't know if the tower on it's own would be distinguishable though, you would be better off just throwing the skyline. I think the entire town hall is the way to go, but is there any way to make it less detailed or to use a different angle?

k what about this angle? a little more badass i think, and more what it would look like to people walking by i would think.

I dunno I think it's pretty damn recognizable but thats me.

363323-Large-lookingup-looking-up-at-the

there's this too, but I really think the clock tower is the strongest part.  any other way it's too zoomed out IMO

cityhall.jpg

31 minutes ago, zen said:

That's really good. Do you think it's complete? The feedback I gave you are some of the thought's I've had for months, will have to sleep on this to see if I have anymore feedback

again, a very zen-like response.  

Whats the hurry buddy :P.  My goal is for you to look at it and be like, yes, it is indeed perfect, no matter how long you look at it.

I think it's 90% there.  i'll tinker with some finer things but yea, please let me know if you think of anything, however minor it is.

Archived