• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Perhaps I'm a purist, but I'd prefer it to just be Mississauga FC and then have a moose in it.  I dunno... I just can't let go of the gear lol.  The cogs!  Content in their corporate machine!  lol FFS I need to stop flipping between day and night shifts, i think it's making me a little loopy.

but yea i guess moose... but is it uniquely mississauga?  We have moose up in YT too

Oh please no Mississauga Moose FC...that's worse than the Mississauga Steelheads

7 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

When I think of Missassauga, I think of the city hall. 

miss_city_hall.jpg

and call me crazy but I think the gear still fits with this.  The building does have a unique profile though.  Put it in the idea's pile.

It's not just about an image though.  What's the soul of Mississauga?  What (if anything) tugs at the heartstrings of Saugans?

44 minutes ago, zen said:

Oh please no Mississauga Moose FC...that's worse than the Mississauga Steelheads

Yeah.  I'm not a fan.  Too vague.  If they were the only place in Canada that had Moose maybe, but let's hope that never happens :/

3 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

It's not just about an image though.  What's the soul of Mississauga?  What (if anything) tugs at the heartstrings of Saugans?

Hazel McHallion...lmao :P

Seriously though...

Mississauga was a smattering of dispersed little villages, the holes in between these areas were filled in with subdivisions, with Square One/downtown placed right in the geographic centre, and it has grown quickly to be populated by a very diverse group of people. There hasn't really been a lot of time to let that sink in and build a strong culture in this city. It's proximity to Toronto hasn't helped, but I think it's starting to change, people do like it here. But it will take time to develop something that "tugs at the Heartstrings of Saugans"

Maybe a sports team done right can go a long way to helping build that.

A successful sports team could go along way to growing Mississauga's own identity. 

All of the discussed issues and more are why I thought Brampton would be a preferable location to start in and then have Sauga follow suit afterwards. It would be a pity to have a team launch in Sauga and have nothing behind it. It is the fastest growing city %population wise on the great lakes but its lacking a cohesion of identity big time. 

@GuillermoDelQuarto is there anyway you can put together thumbnail sized or a banner of sorts of the logos you've deemed finished/ready? Kind of like a navigation bar on a CPL website sort of thing. That would be cool to see. Maybe the 6-8 or something like that. 

8 minutes ago, Pqhbv said:

A successful sports team could go along way to growing Mississauga's own identity. 

All of the discussed issues and more are why I thought Brampton would be a preferable location to start in and then have Sauga follow suit afterwards. It would be a pity to have a team launch in Sauga and have nothing behind it. It is the fastest growing city %population wise on the great lakes but its lacking a cohesion of identity big time. 

@GuillermoDelQuarto is there anyway you can put together thumbnail sized or a banner of sorts of the logos you've deemed finished/ready? Kind of like a navigation bar on a CPL website sort of thing. That would be cool to see. Maybe the 6-8 or something like that. 

I was planning on doing a little catalogue with kits and all, once I'd finished about 10 or so, but that'd be cool too.  I don't see why not :P

44 minutes ago, Pqhbv said:

I think Brampton is even worse tbh. There's not much people like about Brampton, most Bramptonians I know when asked what they do on weekends would say go to Mississauga or Toronto, and a lot of people there would probably say the same thing.

9 hours ago, zen said:

I think Brampton is even worse tbh. There's not much people like about Brampton, most Bramptonians I know when asked what they do on weekends would say go to Mississauga or Toronto, and a lot of people there would probably say the same thing.

This makes me sad.  It makes me want to find something lovable about Brampton now.  Maybe the moose is for Brampton? lol

6 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

This makes me sad.  It makes me want to find something lovable about Brampton now.  Maybe the moose is for Brampton? lol

If you're just doing this for fun, by all means lol no one's gonna stop you :P

18 hours ago, zen said:

This is true to an extent. I remember living in Sauga and people going to Burlington or Brampton for nights out just as often as Toronto. I think they closed some of those places down (the zoo in particular) and Toronto was always the bigger draw for sure. Having gone out in Brampton though, I can say there is a shred of its own identity that is stronger than Mississauga as a whole. In Sauga its often about Streetsville vs PC vs cooksville etc. The community identity's themselves are fragmented. I don't know how the inter-sauga rivalries are in youth sport as I grew up in Toronto but I'm sure those would make for great L1O or OPDL extensions.

I never lived in Brampton, but it somehow gives me an impression that its more cohesive than Mississauga in having its own identity. Even though its smaller, I think its marginally stronger. That being said I don't want this to turn into a debate over the merits of identity in Peel. 

I mainly just wanna see prototype logos.

1 hour ago, Pqhbv said:

This is true to an extent. I remember living in Sauga and people going to Burlington or Brampton for nights out just as often as Toronto. I think they closed some of those places down (the zoo in particular) and Toronto was always the bigger draw for sure. Having gone out in Brampton though, I can say there is a shred of its own identity that is stronger than Mississauga as a whole. In Sauga its often about Streetsville vs PC vs cooksville etc. The community identity's themselves are fragmented. I don't know how the inter-sauga rivalries are in youth sport as I grew up in Toronto but I'm sure those would make for great L1O or OPDL extensions.

I never lived in Brampton, but it somehow gives me an impression that its more cohesive than Mississauga in having its own identity. Even though its smaller, I think its marginally stronger. That being said I don't want this to turn into a debate over the merits of identity in Peel. 

I mainly just wanna see prototype logos.

Haha but this is part of the process!  I can't draw something that doesn't mean anything to anyone.  Might as well try Brampton, why not.  What is this Peel you speak of?

19 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Haha but this is part of the process!  I can't draw something that doesn't mean anything to anyone.  Might as well try Brampton, why not.  What is this Peel you speak of?

Were you able to play around with wings for Mississauga badge? Actually now that I think of it, other than Mississauga's coat of arms the, Pearson airport is in Mississauga so that works out pretty well. Oh and the Avro Arrow was built at Pearson too.

20 minutes ago, zen said:

Were you able to play around with wings for Mississauga badge? Actually now that I think of it, other than Mississauga's coat of arms the, Pearson airport is in Mississauga so that works out pretty well. Oh and the Avro Arrow was built at Pearson too.

Right, forgot about that.  I'll try that now, still a few hours before my night shift.  

First idea for Brampton - only thing i could find on wikipedia was their marketing themselves as Flower city

9R3pp2d.png

Needs some work probably.  The pedal on the bottom right corner looks messed up. but maybe some potential.

44 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I see what you mean.  should be easy enough and I like it.  Gotta head to work now though.  Would you keep the Sigma M on the side there or somewhere else?

Sweet, that can go wherever I just had to get it out of the way. 

Btw, I went a little farther. I'm not sure how you feel about this but this is the concept. The V in the badge below is where the wings in the picture above would go. The circle in the picture is where you could put the gear, with the sigma symbol inside of it. 

Oh and instead of a diagonal divided white and blue pattern, how a about a vertically stripped white and blue in the shield?

I don't know if you like it but it's just a thought. Feel free to play with it.

miss1.png

7 hours ago, zen said:

Sweet, that can go wherever I just had to get it out of the way. 

Btw, I went a little farther. I'm not sure how you feel about this but this is the concept. The V in the badge below is where the wings in the picture above would go. The circle in the picture is where you could put the gear, with the sigma symbol inside of it. 

Oh and instead of a diagonal divided white and blue pattern, how a about a vertically stripped white and blue in the shield?

I don't know if you like it but it's just a thought. Feel free to play with it.

miss1.png

What's the building? 

11 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

It is the city hall that I posted a picture of. 

Yes.

Guillermo, the reason it was designed that way is because its meant to look like a post modern impression of a farm house, as you know most of Mississauga was farmland not too long ago. Damn, I'm loving the symbolism going into this badge!

Archived