On 28/03/2016 at 8:58 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Just added some black spaces to clean up the Tricity one, pretty sure it's better.

PL9SfmC.png

Just wanted to say that I really, really love this logo. The colours are fantastic - reminds me of the Cosmos (in a good way). Not too hot on Tricity as a name, but not sure what would be better... Union KWC?

As for Winnipeg ideas, WSA Winnipeg is an existing club that you might want to look at.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9 April, 2016 at 11:26 AM, LSM said:

Just wanted to say that I really, really love this logo. The colours are fantastic - reminds me of the Cosmos (in a good way). Not too hot on Tricity as a name, but not sure what would be better... Union KWC?

As for Winnipeg ideas, WSA Winnipeg is an existing club that you might want to look at.

I think that's a great name.  

On 4/9/2016 at 0:26 PM, LSM said:

There's a request I can easily satisfy - Ddmeonw.png

I do love me some proletariat imagery.  Union KWC eh.  not too shabby

9 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

"United" Bashers in 3....2....1....

Where's Ted??  lol :P

Why are you looking at me? I love the name United and in the case of Kingston United it makes sense.

I objected to Scotia United for specific, historical reasons that apparently you have forgotten: 1) "province" teams are IMO an insult to the history of a game based on town, city or neighbourhood identities, 2) The literal meaning is "Scotland United" which might be wee bit offensive to people living in the real Scotland, 3) it mixes up two languages (Latin and English) in one name which is an offense to grammar.

If you are going to take me down a peg, at least get your facts straight. ;)

11 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Also, dunno how much I like it, but first attempt at a winnipeg crest.  Probably too many colours and way too hudson bay-y, but anyways.

48U08rv.png

Edit: probably a little better 

4nHsvxK.png

I see you deviated from but suggestion but it is really good!

I do like the first one a little better it's more vibrant than the 2nd. But at the same time I see what you mean about there being too many colours.

The one thing I don't like is the fighter, unless there some history i am missing, it screams Winnipeg jets too much for me.

Also try using a different font something more clean cut

On 3/26/2016 at 8:04 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

As per your earlier request.  Banner can easily be added4tKB33y.png

Thoughts?

I really like this prototype, I suppose no one else did though. I think it better represents the region then the others. This can also be made Halifax specific: Citadels FC, Halifax Citadels etc. 

3 hours ago, Pqhbv said:

I really like this prototype, I suppose no one else did though. I think it better represents the region then the others. This can also be made Halifax specific: Citadels FC, Halifax Citadels etc. 

No, I don't think you were the only one.  I haven't thrown it out.  Were you the one who suggested arching the corners?  I hadn't really figured out how to do it without having it look weird, so I kinda hit a wall with it.  I guess this is what happens when you have no professional training.

On 2016-03-30 at 0:03 AM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

not bad at all :P

what do you guys think of this?  HrbWg91.png

I am assuming this would be the league logo, or are you just revamping Soccer Canada?  If its for the league I have, in my opinion a great name and logo idea. I have always like the name Royal Canadian Soccer League or something along those lines, but definitely with Royal in the name. As for a league logo, I have for the logo, could take parts of the Royal Canadian Legion's Logo, which is a great logo. It could also show respect to the veterans which most sports leagues like to do.

Royal_Canadian_Legion.gif

6 hours ago, Pqhbv said:

Im not sure how many teams in the maritime would be realistic. I think 1 and lets see how that teams does. I think it wouldnt be a bad idea to try and get a broader audience, draw from all of the east coast. Maybe Arcadia FC or    Maritimers or East Coast Mariners. Just some ideas from top of my head.

On 12 April, 2016 at 0:46 AM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Also, dunno how much I like it, but first attempt at a winnipeg crest.  Probably too many colours and way too hudson bay-y, but anyways.

48U08rv.png

Edit: probably a little better 

4nHsvxK.png

The top one is pretty Hudson Bay-y (That's always been one of my favourite adjectives, ever since the first time I saw it a few minutes ago).  I still like the crest though, maybe it could be tweaked for the new Churchill team in 2030 when the ice caps are just about gone and Churchill has a temperate climate and a population of a million and a half.

17 hours ago, Pqhbv said:

I wouldn't use the Les Quebecois soccer team logo. It is part of the separatist's agenda.

I don't think that people would use it, but you can use stuff from this logo because it has things that means Québec. That's what he meant. Because, it wouldn't be a bad crest if it was a team from Quebec (the city).

I find this comment has nothing to do with what dpalmer said because it isn't needed.

My two cents on a Quebec city club. Something naval wouldn't be bad. If I wanted to design a logo, I'd want either to use  ramparts on it or something naval. The thing is the junior hockey team is called Remparts, so I would opt for a ship like Don-De-Dieu (seen on the Québec City flag and coat of arms) or Grande Hermine (seen on the St-Pierre-and-Miquelon flag) that feature on the logo.

On 13/04/2016 at 8:01 PM, dpalmer said:

I am assuming this would be the league logo, or are you just revamping Soccer Canada?  If its for the league I have, in my opinion a great name and logo idea. I have always like the name Royal Canadian Soccer League or something along those lines, but definitely with Royal in the name. As for a league logo, I have for the logo, could take parts of the Royal Canadian Legion's Logo, which is a great logo. It could also show respect to the veterans which most sports leagues like to do.

I think for something to be named "The Royal blah blah blah", it actually has to be granted that right by Queen Liz.

Another idea: I always loved the logo/colours of the AHL's now defunct Quebec Citadelles. The golden horns of Batisse are pretty neat as far as mascots go.

1 hour ago, LSM said:

I think for something to be named "The Royal blah blah blah", it actually has to be granted that right by Queen Liz.

Another idea: I always loved the logo/colours of the AHL's now defunct Quebec Citadelles. The golden horns of Batisse are pretty neat as far as mascots go.

I'm not so sure we would need her permission.

Canada has its own Royal family, Monarchy and Heraldry. Evidence we do not need the Queen's blessing would be the recent renaming of our armed forces with the addition of "Royal", Harper did that without the Queen.

I love the Citadelles logo!

15 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

whats next anyways?  I'm running out of plausible locations..  Vic?

I like the highlanders franchise and "minimal" history, but their logo could definitely use an upgrade with the same colour scheme? or What about a Regina team? Green/white/silver/black? If i could actually figure out how to use

illustrator i would through some of these logos on some jerseys and start playing around there.

On 2016-04-12 at 1:41 PM, Pqhbv said:

I think the citadel shaped logo is pretty sharp actually.  On the name there was a AHL team named the Halifax Citadels so that maybe an issue.  They were the Nordiques AHL affiliate before the Mooseheads came to town.

11 hours ago, DerHoota said:

I like the highlanders franchise and "minimal" history, but their logo could definitely use an upgrade with the same colour scheme? or What about a Regina team? Green/white/silver/black? If i could actually figure out how to use

illustrator i would through some of these logos on some jerseys and start playing around there.

alright.  I have a few ideas for the highlanders.  I always liked the nickname "garden city" and was hoping to combine that with pacific dogwood somehow.  

Theres a regina concept a few pages back that we thought was decent.  It's blue and yellow as per their city flag.  Tough though, I think it really depends if there are two teams in Saskatchewan - if both stoon and regina had a team they can't really both have green and white, but if theres just one team, you'd think green and white would be the obvious choice.  

highlanders concept:

mzYCbdp.png

not too sure about the font now that I look at it, or the white outline on the central element.

Here's a couple other ideas I had, although if you guys like the highlanders the most you probably won't like these as much.  

tIm2IJm.png

(still pretty early phase)

m0f7b47.png

Garden City Football club was my original idea the first time I did this project(without y'all) and this is what I ended up with that time.  Thought it was decent.

Cheers

edit:

one more option - it's a little sloppy as is but could be made sharper if people like it

yTUhLaV.png

Archived