• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

mzYCbdp.png

tIm2IJm.png

Great job on Winnipeg!

As for Victoria, I like the 2nd one the best, the double headed Celtic swirl from the first one could be incorporated into this one somehow, maybe if you added it below the lion.

3 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, just for ted

Y46bhyI.png

I feel like this logo in general might have a little too much going on. Maybe instead of the flag superimposed inside the crest, the lion can hold it. Also if there was a simpler lion..more like Aston Villa's it might work.

16 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, just for ted

Y46bhyI.png

LOVE IT!!!!!  :)

18 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

highlanders concept:

mzYCbdp.png

not too sure about the font now that I look at it, or the white outline on the central element.

Here's a couple other ideas I had, although if you guys like the highlanders the most you probably won't like these as much.  

tIm2IJm.png

(still pretty early phase)

m0f7b47.png

Garden City Football club was my original idea the first time I did this project(without y'all) and this is what I ended up with that time.  Thought it was decent.

Cheers

edit:

one more option - it's a little sloppy as is but could be made sharper if people like it

yTUhLaV.png

Digging the round badges. Several of us in the Lake Side like round badges which is why we chose the design we did for the LSB crest.

The Dogwood, and "Garden City" are kinda retro around here. Nobody but old biddies and desperate marketing people uses "garden city" anymore and the dogwood was the old BC Ferries badge so looks really old but not cool and retro.

The little celtic swirl in the bottom one might look good to replace the flowers around the edge of the top one.

The Lion reminds me of the Lowenbrau logo. :)

24 minutes ago, ted said:

LOVE IT!!!!!  :)

Digging the round badges. Several of us in the Lake Side like round badges which is why we chose the design we did for the LSB crest.

The Dogwood, and "Garden City" are kinda retro around here. Nobody but old biddies and desperate marketing people uses "garden city" anymore and the dogwood was the old BC Ferries badge so looks really old but not cool and retro.

The little celtic swirl in the bottom one might look good to replace the flowers around the edge of the top one.

Ahh alright.  That's too bad.  I thought it was kinda similar to that city in game of thrones High garden, which made it stand out, and as a kid, I was born there and definitely remember there being flowers absolutely everywhere.

Whats the significance of highlanders anyways?  

3 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Ahh alright.  That's too bad.  I thought it was kinda similar to that city in game of thrones High garden, which made it stand out, and as a kid, I was born there and definitely remember there being flowers absolutely everywhere.

Whats the significance of highlanders anyways?  

Oh, we are still quite literally a city of gardens. It is crazy here right now with blooming flowers. The hanging flower baskets will be going up on the lamposts downtown soon. It just does not feel "hip" out here. " :)

Highlanders? Scots up the ying-yang here from the first day of the colony founded by James Douglas through the coal baron Robert Dunsmuir to more Scots than you can shake a stick at today. The team was started by a Alex Campbell. Our local militia regiment is the Canadian Scottish (CScotR) and the annual Victoria Highland Games celebrated it 150th year a couple of years back.

I would have preferred we went with Victoria United on whose board I sat when the team was starting up and which had a history (on and off) going back to 1904 but sometimes the guy with the money gets to make the decision.

18 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Also - Idea's for Windsor?  Okanawgan?

Anything else I'm missing?  

Okanagan, I still think of the Challenge who played in the PCSL. Maybe Ogopogo could feature in their badge.

Windsor, I'd suggest wheels but that may be bringing up painful memories of a dying industry.

3 minutes ago, ted said:

Oh, we are still quite literally a city of gardens. It is crazy here right now with blooming flowers. The hanging flower baskets will be going up on the lamposts downtown soon. It just does not feel "hip" out here. " :)

Highlanders? Scots up the ying-yang here from the first day of the colony founded by James Douglas through the coal baron Robert Dunsmuir to more Scots than you can shake a stick at today. The team was started by a Alex Campbell. Our local militia regiment is the Canadian Scottish (CScotR) and the annual Victoria Highland Games celebrated it 150th year a couple of years back.

I would have preferred we went with Victoria United on whose board I sat when the team was starting up and which had a history (on and off) going back to 1904 but sometimes the guy with the money gets to make the decision.

Okanagan, I still think of the Challenge who played in the PCSL. Maybe Ogopogo could feature in their badge.

Windsor, I'd suggest wheels but that may be bringing up painful memories of a dying industry.

Ah nice.  I didn't know that, but highlanders definitely seems to make a ton of sense.  I gotta say, this whole project has been pretty damn educational.  Hearing local history from the horses mouth.  Wikipedia only goes so far.

I'm still gonna try and convince you one more time that it belongs on there(the dogwood) - as to me, it still fits with the highlander/scottish theme.  Like I just picture scots crossing into the new world, being at the front lines, because they're the craziest and most adventures in all of the empire on which the sun never sets and being like jesus, we found a spot where pure white flowers grow everywhere, this must be heaven lads.  Let's stop here.  That probably doesn't even make historical sense, but the image sticks out in my mind.

Like part of me wonders(and this goes along with the windsor comment) if these symbols need a rebirth.  If they were once important, perhaps they are meant to be.  Perhaps the new-auto industry can spring up in windsor again(tesla anyone?). Perhaps Victoria can become known as one of the most beautiful places on earth(with my very early childhood memories of the place, it certainly seems like that to me).  

Sorry to ramble. Anyways, appreciate your input.  This is way better when people take interest and offer good constructive criticism.  

as an aside, the one idea I had Okanawgan was grapes and sun haha, but yea ogopogo seems like another obvious choice.  Colours?

Also, this just came up, and it's probably a terrible idea, but Victoria's elevation is actually really low, 23m in fact.  What if as a nod to the scottish heritage you call them lowlanders, to contrast but also go along with the scots, but to also be uniquely Victoria.  It's probably a bad idea but hey, throw shit at a wall and see what sticks.

Not sure if you've done anything for Quebec City yet, but I tweeted out an idea earlier this morning about calling the club Citadelle Québec Club de Foot (CF) to pay homage to that magnificent citadel the city has. I was thinking the badge should be a symmetrical take on the actual shape of the citadel. It would lend itself quite nicely to being a badge. You'd have the St. Lawrence side as the bottom and the peak facing Old Quebec City as the top. Not sure what you'd fill it with, but I assume the club would want to be Quebec flag blue, white, and might feature Samuel de Champlain's ship, as the city flag does.

Also, I really hope these clubs stay away from provincial representation and keep to only individual city representation. My utopian future sees every city in Canada having a club part of the Canadian football pyramid. No Saskatchewan __________ or Nova Scotia __________. I want Wascana __________ and Halifax [King of Donair].

On 4/15/2016 at 7:23 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, just for ted

Y46bhyI.png

Sorry for the double post but I also think this is a bad-ass crest. And yes, it SHOULD be cities instead of entire provinces. Also, for their primary kit, could you give them the blue X on a white kit? It'd be something unique in the footballing world, I think, to have an X cross instead of the + cross.

6 hours ago, Tuscan said:

Not sure if you've done anything for Quebec City yet, but I tweeted out an idea earlier this morning about calling the club Citadelle Québec Club de Foot (CF) to pay homage to that magnificent citadel the city has. I was thinking the badge should be a symmetrical take on the actual shape of the citadel. It would lend itself quite nicely to being a badge. You'd have the St. Lawrence side as the bottom and the peak facing Old Quebec City as the top. Not sure what you'd fill it with, but I assume the club would want to be Quebec flag blue, white, and might feature Samuel de Champlain's ship, as the city flag does.

Also, I really hope these clubs stay away from provincial representation and keep to only individual city representation. My utopian future sees every city in Canada having a club part of the Canadian football pyramid. No Saskatchewan __________ or Nova Scotia __________. I want Wascana __________ and Halifax [King of Donair].

agreed.  I only really did the provincial ones to appease the possibility of it happening, even though I hope you're right.  

2 hours ago, Tuscan said:

Sorry for the double post but I also think this is a bad-ass crest. And yes, it SHOULD be cities instead of entire provinces. Also, for their primary kit, could you give them the blue X on a white kit? It'd be something unique in the footballing world, I think, to have an X cross instead of the + cross.

You're not the first one to request this.  It's on my list. :)

7 hours ago, Tuscan said:

If/when Greater Vancouver gets a CPL club I'd really like it to be called by the provincial moniker instead of the Vancouver one.

On 4/15/2016 at 11:47 AM, ted said:

I have to say that I love both Garden City and the Dogwood as a symbol, and I wouldn't exactly call myself an old bitty. It's a shame that people associate the Dogwood with BC ferries though and not our lovely province.

2 hours ago, Tuscan said:

Don't mean to be a buzzkill :P

VfL-Wolfsburg-14-15-Home-Away-Third-Kit.

13 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

LBUvlsQ.png

skinnier badge.  

What if you removed the text from the shield and simply had the gold lion over top your preferred flower in the shield? That way you could use the scroll element for text. What if you also included the year the Highlanders were founded inside the shield at the very bottom? Also, good call on using the dogwood's flower.

10 hours ago, Tuscan said:

What if you removed the text from the shield and simply had the gold lion over top your preferred flower in the shield? That way you could use the scroll element for text. What if you also included the year the Highlanders were founded inside the shield at the very bottom? Also, good call on using the dogwood's flower.

you mean like a banner hey?  just gotta find the right one.

Diggin' it though.

But i don't know if ted likes it :P 

Archived