TICKETS: Canada vs Mexico - March 25th BC Place

Admin

Just now, jpg75 said:

We're not excluding based on colour or race or any other of the taboo classifications, we are doing so based on preference of sports team. Whether it is an international match or not people have a right to pick and choose who they root for based on personal preference rather than on nationality, colour, race etc. Just because you are black and were born in Jamaica does not mean you are a Jamaica supporter. Just because you are a white Canadian does not exclude you from wearing a Jamaica jersey to a qualifier at BMO.

Yes. We know that.

But I am talking about people unable to make that differentiation.  I thought it would be a problem much sooner than this, and this isn't even a problem. 

Once people feel they have discovered something, an immoral nugget which they can seize onto and beat people with it is often hard for them to let go.  Often they double down and just go at it harder despite evidence to the contrary. (I'm not talking about our new guy, who I think would be great to have some beers with).

There just isn't a person on this planet that would argue against not letting the Steelers fan into the Patriots supporters section.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, admin said:

How long were we in the stadium taking pictures with Mexican fans after the game in Seattle?

lol oh wow we were there for at least 30 mins I bet even longer we were talking to Mexican fans as well at times Mexican fans were waiting to get pics with us.  They liked how friendly we were.  

The same thing happened in Denver lots of pics and they even laughed at our chants (laughed ina good way)

1 minute ago, jojoflow said:

lol oh wow we were there for at least 30 mins I bet even longer we were talking to Mexican fans as well at times Mexican fans were waiting to get pics with us.  They liked how friendly we were.  

The same thing happened in Denver lots of pics and they even laughed at our chants (laughed ina good way)

So funny they kicked Herdman out of our section that game...

I was like... hey what... then he was gone... 

Nothing is perfect...

3 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Yes, I was at the game.  I was actually in a section that had a significant number of Honduras supporters mixed in with us.  Yes, I know they had a "section" over in another corner' however there were many in the 220-221 corner that we intermingled with.  Great fun to be taunting one another in jest... there was no anger or heat or anything negative coming from it.  Fear of supporter violence is well over played here in Vancouver. This isn't Tegucigalpa stadium.

ANd yes, I go to Whitecaps games.  I do not sit in the Curva or Southsiders sections.  I know the Curva will bully people who are in their section and don't follow along, I am not aware of that happening in the southside though.

Anyways, I won't make any grounds here. I made my points on social justice and fairness and that is really all I have to say about it.  After seeing these actions laid out, I decided against joining your section and bought my tickets elsewhere.

"I made my points on social justice and fairness"  
wow just wow I think have been watching to much Law and Order or some type of Lawyer show.  I cant see how you can call people out on name calling you but you have done the same this Supports group over and over.  

Let me ask you a few questions:  Have you been to gams in the Voyageurs section and the last few year?  Have ever went to a part game party to meet people?  (I'm should you would meet alot of very nice people)

The reason I had V's business cards made was for people to give out to people in the stadium.  They are most effective with opposing fans, Canadians who never really thought about coming to Canada games and see there is something fun to do.

The best example being the Ecuador guys at Shoeless. One of them bought 8 tickets to the next Canada game, and after that bought 15-20 tickets every game since in Toronto.

These are not the people we want to block, these are the people want to reach. 

9 minutes ago, admin said:

So funny they kicked Herdman out of our section that game...

I was like... hey what... then he was gone... 

Nothing is perfect...

lol ya I remeber you telling me about that.  

Wow I have not been on been in this fourm for a while but I have been checking it out the least 3 days and I realize why I did not come here alot.  I'm going crazy people really have to put their battle keyboard away and type for peace. 

19 minutes ago, admin said:

Yes. We know that.

But I am talking about people unable to make that differentiation.  I thought it would be a problem much sooner than this, and this isn't even a problem. 

Once people feel they have discovered something, an immoral nugget which they can seize onto and beat people with it is often hard for them to let go.  Often they double down and just go at it harder despite evidence to the contrary. (I'm not talking about our new guy, who I think would be great to have some beers with).

There just isn't a person on this planet that would argue against not letting the Steelers fan into the Patriots supporters section.

Learn to tune them out Jamie. Simple as that. "When you try to make everyone happy you end up making no one happy".

3 minutes ago, admin said:

The reason I had V's business cards made was for people to give out to people in the stadium...These are not the people we want to block, these are the people want to reach.

Very true. I gave some out to two groups of El Salvador fans (one family from Hamilton and two guys from Toronto) at the Gold Cup. All very friendly and really liked what we were trying to do.

11 minutes ago, admin said:

The reason I had V's business cards made was for people to give out to people in the stadium.  They are most effective with opposing fans, Canadians who never really thought about coming to Canada games and see there is something fun to do.

The best example being the Ecuador guys at Shoeless. One of them bought 8 tickets to the next Canada game, and after that bought 15-20 tickets every game since.

These are not the people we want to block, these are the people want to reach. 

Years ago I went to a game in Edmonton vs Mexico.  I went with about 9 of my friends I did not know about the V's my frieinds and I made up cheers and had a good time.  We see the small V's section and thought damn we should have gone to say hi to them. They needed a few more voices.  

The group is one of the reasons I save up to go to game I have met people I met some great people.   I wished I would have know about the group before bussiness cards can help the group grow.

If you have cards to give people there are a pretty chance of them contacting the group.

Jaime,

I'm still working on numbers for this game, but I will need 30 at a minimum. Hope to have everything finalized by the end of the month.

I have a question with regards to wheelchair accessible seating. There are some wheelchair areas at the back of the Voyageurs section. Do you control these tickets or would I have to go through ticketmaster? At least one member of my group is in a wheelchair, maybe a second.

1 hour ago, jojoflow said:

Let me ask you a few questions:  Have you been to gams in the Voyageurs section and the last few year?  Have ever went to a part game party to meet people?  (I'm should you would meet alot of very nice people)

well, the reason I registered on this forum recently and was coming to buy tickets in your section, was so I could be part of the experience.  I am sure there are many very nice people.  The problem here is I have voiced my opinions and all the knives have come out quickly.  No room for opposition, and that kind of thing I stand up to.

My view from what I have seen of supporters culture here in Vancouver and Canada, is groups are looking at supporters culture that grew organically over a century, and are trying to replicate it immediately here.  This leads to managing the process and what people can and can not do; which leads to micro management; which leads to people being left out because they are not doing it the "right way".  I wish supporters culture would let it organically grow on its own over years and see where it ends up; not trying to replicate 100 years of something in a single year.

I have a hot button with our supporters culture when people call someone a tourist, or gripe that people are sitting, or supporters groups argue because one group sings a different song than the other one, or people are asked to leave.  So, when I saw this "you can not buy a single ticket and have no soul, you got to wear canadian gear, no sitting".. I just felt here we go with more discrimination and dividing people instead of bringing one another together.

I really didn't want to derail this ticket thread so far so that is why I said we can just agree to disagree.  I got called a sniper for that, this isn't an ebay auction.  I wasn't taking a shot and running' I just wanted to get this narrative completed. I made my points and got my tickets elsewhere, people made their points, and I think that is where it should conclude.  When people start telling me to fuck off and calling me a pussy for having an opinion I would figure this place is not the right environment for this discussion.

So, on a positive note.  I look forward to the game, and all the positive things the Voyageurs bring.  I am excited to see all the provincial flags back out and all the noise, and I will do my part from my part of the stadium.

9 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

No room for discussion it's just name calling around here.

You are no better you were calling people in this group names from the start.  You are taking things to far. If you want people to hear your option you really did not start on a good note.  You ased your Question viewed your thoughts.  Socceronly said he made a mistake and he will reword a few things.  

It's a supporters section Supporters stand its 90 mins i'm sure you could stand for 90 mins.  The group says whats excepted to let people know.  

So if nothing was posted you would be mad too for not telling you.  Whats expected is posted so people can see if this is the section for them.  Look into the Family section maybe thats a place you would find better for you.

I'm not sure what you want this group to so for you.  Do you want us to change and sit down because you dont think you can stand for 90 mins???  I'm not trying to be mean but no one else in the section has problems about whats expected.

ps jpg75 is out of line for saying you are a pussy

3 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Hey adouchefromvancouver, no one is FORCING you to buy a ticket in our section and stand. If you want to sit then go buy a ticket in another section. This is what we call personal freedom. You are presented with 2 (or more) options, you have a choice. Now fuck off you pussy.

Do you really thing calling someone that would be a good idea?  Come on man the group is not about lashing out at people.  Ya he made you mad he is making alot of people mad but by saying that you just shown people in this group can't deal with people.  Yes he was making a bigger deal than he should have but use better words.

26 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

well, the reason I registered on this forum recently and was coming to buy tickets in your section, was so I could be part of the experience.  I am sure there are many very nice people.  The problem here is I have voiced my opinions and all the knives have come out quickly.  No room for opposition, and that kind of thing I stand up to.

My view from what I have seen of supporters culture here in Vancouver and Canada, is groups are looking at supporters culture that grew organically over a century, and are trying to replicate it immediately here.  This leads to managing the process and what people can and can not do; which leads to micro management; which leads to people being left out because they are not doing it the "right way".  I wish supporters culture would let it organically grow on its own over years and see where it ends up; not trying to replicate 100 years of something in a single year.

I have a hot button with our supporters culture when people call someone a tourist, or gripe that people are sitting, or supporters groups argue because one group sings a different song than the other one, or people are asked to leave.  So, when I saw this "you can not buy a single ticket and have no soul, you got to wear canadian gear, no sitting".. I just felt here we go with more discrimination and dividing people instead of bringing one another together.

I really didn't want to derail this ticket thread so far so that is why I said we can just agree to disagree.  I got called a sniper for that, this isn't an ebay auction.  I wasn't taking a shot and running' I just wanted to get this narrative completed. I made my points and got my tickets elsewhere, people made their points, and I think that is where it should conclude.  When people start telling me to fuck off and calling me a pussy for having an opinion I would figure this place is not the right environment for this discussion.

So, on a positive note.  I look forward to the game, and all the positive things the Voyageurs bring.  I am excited to see all the provincial flags back out and all the noise, and I will do my part from my part of the stadium.

Here's the thing you talk like you did nothing but you were judging how the group does things without really knowing why.  

I think you went over board and you contine to in a lot of your posts.  I'm not sure if you enjoy getting people all worked up but maybe you need to re read your posts and maybe see you are not a saint you called the group names, you when a bit over board at the get go and you keep on acting like you never did anything.  

I say this as a person that has been in the stands at games in the supporters group section.  I have not been on here alot lately but you have pre judged the groups without even being in the stands.  

ps people care about this group of course they are going to defend the group.  (some people may have defended the group in a bad way tho and thats not right)

58 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

.  I wish supporters culture would let it organically grow on its own over years and see where it ends up; not trying to replicate 100 years of something in a single year.

We are 20 years old next year.

I have been fighting the 'prawn sandwich'  'real fan' thing ever since MLS hit ground this country.

Tourist is another term. We make it clear the distinction between the two sections we provide, my use of tourist is someone who comes in without paying any attention to where they are and causes problems for us.  This happens often, and gets tiring because if you want to see real arrogance, try talking to these people at a game.  There no other way to get tickets in our section.  You thankfully, and respectfully read stuff and I agree with some of your issues with it.

You are missing out on some culture and making assumptions wrt to the " no soul" thing.

When we go to a city for the first time, the bulk of the tickets are singles.  It's a lot more work to deal with.  The second game is always different, the additional games people bring people, the numbers grow and we have far far fewer singles.  Last game was hundreds, this game there is less than 30. 

There is also the importance of bringing people out against the biggest traveling country in our federation.  That is what it references, and it's pretty damn hyperbolic and silly.

I don't think it says no siting, it says it is standing.  People in this section stand, and lots of people want/need to know that.  I already told you the Canada gear thing was supposed to be 'no opposition colors'  I just haven't changed it yet.

In principle do you think what we are doing is wrong?

I think you are mixing MLS supporter group issues with us.  It really is different cause we book the whole section off.

Do you think it's ok, if we clearly state what we do and how, ask people when they buy if they understand what this is, that people ignore all that, buy tickets anyway and then demand something completely different when they show up?

I'm talking Canadian fans here, not the alleged discriminatory nature of excluding people.

Snarky stuff aside, I quite enjoy this discussion. I would like it to continue.

I have mostly had this conversation in my head the last few years.

There are dimensions of the supporters culture here that should be quashed before they grow, and I think we have an opportunity to be something different.  I have been saying that for years.

Archived