TICKETS: Canada vs Mexico - March 25th BC Place

Admin

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, admin said:

The lower bowl is mostly Canadian fans.

See...

You guys don't need to try to manipulate ticket sales; engage the marketplace (which the men's team is starting to do) and let things take care of themselves.  stop living in fear of opposition and be a positive part of the marketplace; not a divisive faction aimed at treating this like some sort of cultural expulsion.

Open the top level.... maybe you get 5000 Mexicans, and you also get another 10,000 Canadians.  Everyone wins and you engage the marketplace into an electric atmosphere.

This whole nonsense that "the stadium needs to be 99% home fans or our boys are toast" is defeatist thinking.  Start putting some faith in all those mopes who are not good enough to be Voyageurs but still love their Canadian team.  "non voyageurs" are still proud canadians and maybe are not as loud as you however they have the energy and love to support our team.

1 hour ago, amanfromvancouver said:

See...

You guys don't need to try to manipulate ticket sales; engage the marketplace (which the men's team is starting to do) and let things take care of themselves.  stop living in fear of opposition and be a positive part of the marketplace; not a divisive faction aimed at treating this like some sort of cultural expulsion.

Open the top level.... maybe you get 5000 Mexicans, and you also get another 10,000 Canadians.  Everyone wins and you engage the marketplace into an electric atmosphere.

This whole nonsense that "the stadium needs to be 99% home fans or our boys are toast" is defeatist thinking.  Start putting some faith in all those mopes who are not good enough to be Voyageurs but still love their Canadian team.  "non voyageurs" are still proud canadians and maybe are not as loud as you however they have the energy and love to support our team.

LOL. 

All we want to do is organize our own section of the stadium, that we book off in advance.  That's it.

Stop trying to make us out to be all these things we are not.  

People here work endlessly to put people in the stadium.  Groups at their soccer clubs, people on their teams, people at work.... ect and these people don't sit with us.  They don't sit with us cause they do their own thing, and we think that is fantastic.  

There are people on this forum who have worked their asses off to put together groups as large as 300 and 500 people who do NOT sit with us. 

I deal with hundreds of customer service oriented emails that have nothing to do with our section. Send people to Ticketmaster, arrange accessible seating ect... and all sorts of reasons they don't sit with us. I always invite them to our pre game events.

We have volunteers putting up posters across the city before games that we sometimes pay to make, sometimes provided by the CSA. These are just to promote the game.

And you think we call the rest of the people in the stadium mopes? 

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I wish that loser would keep his word and go away.

I was until I saw a post saying there might be an intentional closing of the upper bowl to lock out people of a certain culture from buying tickets.  (even though it also means locking out Canadian supporters who want tickets, this silly assumption that 30,000 upper bowl seats will all go to Mexican supporters is bizarre and a fearful approach).

Got me going again.  it is manipulation of support instead of engaging the community and building support over time.  It also fears the opposition and gives no confidence to Canadian support.

One person states that you are doing things in YOur sections. We can all live with that even if we don't agree.   Now I hear you want to try to block off half the stadium from ticket sales.  I can not support that.  I find it appalling.

I have made my points clear and I feel shutting down half a stadium to keep out people of a certain cultural background is wrong and probably illegal or at the very least a human rights case.

If not agreeing with the Voyageurs methods makes me a loser in your eyes or the eyes of this organization, it just shows things and verifies some of my points.  I can accept you saying that about me because really, I don't care what a jpg file thinks of me.

On 12/23/2015 at 1:37 AM, amanfromvancouver said:

I was until I saw a post saying there might be an intentional closing of the upper bowl to lock out people of a certain culture from buying tickets.  (even though it also means locking out Canadian supporters who want tickets, this silly assumption that 30,000 upper bowl seats will all go to Mexican supporters is bizarre and a fearful approach).

Got me going again.  it is manipulation of support instead of engaging the community and building support over time.  It also fears the opposition and gives no confidence to Canadian support.

One person states that you are doing things in YOur sections. We can all live with that even if we don't agree.   Now I hear you want to try to block off half the stadium from ticket sales.  I can not support that.  I find it appalling.

I have made my points clear and I feel shutting down half a stadium to keep out people of a certain cultural background is wrong and probably illegal or at the very least a human rights case.

If not agreeing with the Voyageurs methods makes me a loser in your eyes or the eyes of this organization, it just shows things and verifies some of my points.  I can accept you saying that about me because really, I don't care what a jpg file thinks of me.

Hi amanfromvancouver. I don't know who you are, other than the fact that you're, presumably, a man from Vancouver.

But as a token of goodwill, come to the Voyageurs' pre-game party before the Mexico game and I'll buy you a beverage. We can chat about this topic, with the understanding that any viewpoints I express are simply my own, as someone who has associated with the group for a good number of years now.

That's it. That's all I'm going to say. If you intend to take me up on this, I'm not difficult to find or identify.

18 minutes ago, canta15 said:

making our team have a better chance of winning = RACISM. Can you just stick to your word and leave you moron.

Does our team have a better chance of winning with 4500 Canadians and 500 Mexicans at Swangard, or 40,000 Canadians and 5000 Mexicans at BC Place.  Seems to me people like yourself think it is the former, which I find wrong to put it mildly.  We have to grow the interest in soccer in this country and we won't do that by blocking off the upper bowl and thus stopping Canadians from buying tickets because we are afraid a bunch of opposing fans will buy some of them as well.  The stadium is going to be 80% or higher Canadian supporters even if you open the whole stadium; so why this whole nonsense is beyond me.  This isn't the dark ages of the MNT when we could get 1000 to Swangard among 4000 Hondurans or something like that.

I think you guys are living in the memory of the past and worried this kind of thing will happen. It isn't happening for this game, you can be sure of that.

There is a bigger picture here about engaging the country and we won't do that running this micromanaged fear based approach of manipulating our stadium attendances.  That does not make me a moron to have this opinion , you are however welcome and free to think so.  I certainly will not call you names because you disagree with me.

7 minutes ago, squizz1402635577 said:

Hi amanfromvancouver. I don't know who you are, other than the fact that you're, presumably, a man from Vancouver.

But as a token of goodwill, come to the Voyageurs' pre-game party before the Mexico game and I'll buy you a beverage. We can chat about this topic, with the understanding that any viewpoints I express are simply my own, as someone who has associated with the group for a good number of years now.

That's it. That's all I'm going to say. If you intend to take me up on this, I'm not difficult to find or identify.

I likely was attending the party anyways (even though this whole ticketing debate has made me realize I don't belong here).....  although considering how people speak of me it may not be a visit that goes well.... I am happy to have open discussion with you, I do not however want to have guys swarm me and tell me I am not welcome at the party or that I am a moron or a loser.

Anyways, you can always PM (at least until I get banned) and we can see how things unfold.  I always appreciate thoughtful debate over a beer or two.

15 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Does our team have a better chance of winning with 4500 Canadians and 500 Mexicans at Swangard, or 40,000 Canadians and 5000 Mexicans at BC Place.  Seems to me people like yourself think it is the former, which I find wrong to put it mildly.  We have to grow the interest in soccer in this country and we won't do that by blocking off the upper bowl and thus stopping Canadians from buying tickets because we are afraid a bunch of opposing fans will buy some of them as well.  The stadium is going to be 80% or higher Canadian supporters even if you open the whole stadium; so why this whole nonsense is beyond me.  This isn't the dark ages of the MNT when we could get 1000 to Swangard among 4000 Hondurans or something like that.

I think you guys are living in the memory of the past and worried this kind of thing will happen. It isn't happening for this game, you can be sure of that.

There is a bigger picture here about engaging the country and we won't do that running this micromanaged fear based approach of manipulating our stadium attendances.  That does not make me a moron to have this opinion , you are however welcome and free to think so.  I certainly will not call you names because you disagree with me.

You completely avoided my point...You claimed we were all blocking the mexicans due to their culture not for home field advantage.

1 hour ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Isn't it the CSA's decision whether or not to open the upper bowl at BC Place? I think you should direct these rants at them.

Just my two cents but all this ticket stuff you can't help yourself from commenting on has nothing to do with culture, race or nationality, it has everything to do with two groups of men in matching shirts who are kicking a ball around for an hour and half, and which one you're cheering for. So if the CSA wants to try and limit fans of a particular team I don't think there's a law in Canada that will prohibit them. If you have a problem with that contact your member of parliament.

As far as the V's section we have the right to organize it however we want. For those wanting similar accordances based on who they're cheering for they're more than welcome to contact the CSA and arrange it. The CSA does in fact help arrange these sections. And it's open to anyone no matter what team they cheer for.

As for attending one of our events I think it would be great if you did, I'd love to by you a drink because at the very least your passionate.

5 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

or 40,000 Canadians and 5000 Mexicans at BC Place. .  The stadium is going to be 80% or higher Canadian supporters even if you open the whole stadium; so why this whole nonsense is beyond me.

Only 20% or fewer of the fans in BC Place supporting Mexico would unlikely. What was the Canada fan vs Honduras fan ratio? Surely vs Mexico the ratio will be less in our favour.

7 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

If BC PLACE only had one seat, who would you sell it to, a Canadian team supporter or a opposition team supporter? That's all I want to know from you.

Everywhere in the world visiting team fans are restricted and isolated in a stadium, in fact it is the rules in many competitions. Not only that, everywhere in the world everyone understands this perfectly and respects it. To suggest otherwise is to broadcast ignorance, and to suggest the reasons for it are any , other than home advantage and security, is also pretty damn cynical. There is no just cause involved in criticising this, it is not even an ethical issue. It is about crowd safety and then sporting advantage, followed by adding to entertainment value.

In most international matches fans wearing other than home colours are not allowed  in home sections, simple as that. They are booted out. 

For security reasons mostly. It is not wise to mix fans in normal circumstances, even in the best seats it can be problematic. No reason to risk unnecessary tensions. Usually you can see it in good seats, or exceptionally, but anyone who does not respect this as a visiting fan is being naive. 

But it is also to ensure solid home support without restricting the visitors. The Mexicans can and will go the game.  I personally think they should be given a few sections, and when filled, then given a few more, if there is availabilty. And only then.

If the CSA is thinking about not opening the upper bowl until being able to organize a better home response, that is amazing, I am very impressed. I am perfectly fine with that and think it sets us up amazingly well for a true home advantage.

52 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

But it is also to ensure solid home support without restricting the visitors. The Mexicans can and will go the game.  I personally think they should be given a few sections, and when filled, then given a few more, if there is availabilty. And only then.

They do.  It is 2.5 times bigger than our section.  If the upper bowl opens, they will double it again.

We just don't have that many people.  They do.   And the response was, correctly, to set up a large supporters section for them and increase it upon demand. 

He is still confusing fans with people and even if the correlation is 100%, the intent is not the same.  It is easy in a digital world to cherry pick the bad things people say in an open forum while ignoring all the good things.  Once it's clear someone is doing that my respect starts to disappear even when their intentions are good.

Once people hold onto a belief that makes them feel they are morally superior it is hard to dislodge that belief.  They will find everything they can to support it and double down by reducing the context, cherry picking ect... and now apparently holding us responsible for the actions of the CSA. 

My conversations with the CSA regarding the upper bowl have nothing to do with Mexican fans.

The concern is that it is hard to know from the initial rush if the demand is actually there to open it up.  Once you make that decision it massively increases your operating costs.

So they are making that decision carefully.

9 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Absolutely no one was sure of anything.  You may sound smart saying so in retrospect, but it wasn't the case before sales started.   The lower bowl would NOT have been a majority of Canadian fans if they didn't do what they did.  Even then it's only about 65%.  Someone in this conversation has sold almost 40 000 tickets to Canada games, half of which are in the 'hardcore' section you complain about.  The rest to people you think we call mopes.  Someone in this conversation was involved in the ticket process before you heard about the game.  Nothing in that process from a single person involved has been ANYTHING other than getting Canadians into the stadium while also accommodating away team fans.  There is just nothing evil happening here.

Every time you speak, it shows you don't know what is happening or how.

We don't have resources to engage the country, but we tried. With the likes of CSN and Support Local Football. 

We don't fear away fans. We just don't and you keep saying this even after we have described the things we do to engage those very people. What do you do exactly?

Having someone insinuate you are  racist is a lot worse than being called a moron. 

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

I quoted him because I wanted him to answer my question but I guess he doesn't want to.

Instead of assuming I don't want to answer, perhaps I just hadn't had the time to look at the board.

To answer your question, if there was only one seat I would go to a Canadian supporter due to a pre-sale code. There is no dispute or question at that point.

22 minutes ago, king1010 said:

dont even bother. Neither side is going to find common ground. 

also if we stop feeding the troll he'll go look elsewhere for food 

Ah yeah, you think I am just here to eat.  No, I actually came here to participate in the Voyageurs, got outraged over a particular issue, and that was that.  There was no intent before arriving that things would go this way.

However, it is convenient to dismiss people who view things different with such comments.   All good, it's common.

Archived