TICKETS: Canada vs Mexico - March 25th BC Place

Admin

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making 12 cents a ticket is just bullshit.

This is a sell out game against Mexico.

I could pay for 6 years of webhosting, solve every outstanding membership issue, cover losses incurred by unmitigated bullshit and pay for incorporation all at once.

Even at $25 we would still be cheaper than every other seat in the stadium.

If people are only willing to buy our tickets because they are cheap, I am done with this.

9 minutes ago, admin said:

I could pay for 6 years of webhosting, solve every outstanding membership issue, cover losses incurred by unmitigated bullshit and pay for incorporation all at once.

If people are only willing to buy our tickets because they are cheap, I am done with this.

I doubt that's the general sentiment. Personally I'd have no problem paying more, especially as it would protect the Vs (mostly Jamie of course) from financial ups and downs. 

55 minutes ago, admin said:

Agreed.

At the least members should realize this and then make additional contributions.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Ya sure the ticket price is nice but that's not why I buy my ticket for the supporters section and I don't think the other hard cores but them because they are cheap.

I'm not sure what the re prices are but I'm fine with making the price in the middle for registered members so we get a little deal and we can help funds the groups costs.  I'm even fine with paying the full price to be a part of best section of crazy supporters.

Just now, jojoflow said:

Ya sure the ticket price is nice but that's not why I buy my ticket for the supporters section and I don't think the other hard cores but them because they are cheap.

I'm not sure what the re prices are but I'm fine with making the price in the middle for registered members so we get a little deal and we can help funds the groups costs.  I'm even fine with paying the full price to be a part of best section of crazy supporters.

I just had a guy ask me for two tickets, as long as the Mexico game is at BMO.

That is how out of touch the people are I deal with.

That has to stop

13 minutes ago, admin said:

I just had a guy ask me for two tickets, as long as the Mexico game is at BMO.

That is how out of touch the people are I deal with.

That has to stop

You need a communications person to filter the emails, filter and deal with much of the BS, and pass on only that which is necessary. It would free you up for other things and make it less of a pain to deal with. 

Just now, rob.notenboom said:

You need a communications person to filter the emails, filter and deal with much of the BS, and pass on only that which is necessary. It would free you up for other things and make it less of a pain to deal with. 

We need people to be engaged and part of this site.

If you can't sign, don't bother buying tickets from us.

You don't need 2000 posts.  But the same person can't ask me where to buy tickets 14 times in a row when they are always in the same place.

54 minutes ago, admin said:

We need people to be engaged and part of this site.

If you can't sign, don't bother buying tickets from us.

You don't need 2000 posts.  But the same person can't ask me where to buy tickets 14 times in a row when they are always in the same place.

Yes, completely agree. But if some of the crap work was taken off your plate it might not be such a pain. 

56 minutes ago, oilers000 said:

So I bought a ticket last night and charged it on paypal through my bank account. However, today I checked my bank account and no money has been taking out yet. Any idea why this is? 

I'll some info... did you get a confirmation email?

I'm all for paying a bit more as well, especially because I know it will go toward helping a great organization.

Jamie, what about an option to donate when you buy tickets? maybe a set donation of $5.00, but leave the option open to add as many as you want to the cart. (4x $5.00 donation for $20.00 total)

People, in general, are lazy and this would make it easy for them to help out. :)

Mike

4 hours ago, ClashCitySoccer said:

I'm all for paying a bit more as well, especially because I know it will go toward helping a great organization.

Jamie, what about an option to donate when you buy tickets? maybe a set donation of $5.00, but leave the option open to add as many as you want to the cart. (4x $5.00 donation for $20.00 total)

People, in general, are lazy and this would make it easy for them to help out. :)

Mike

Excellent idea. Id gladly do it and just having that option there will be enough for some people to feel generous. 

4 hours ago, ClashCitySoccer said:

Mike

Yeah, but it's five years too late.

The donation thing doesn't work.

It's my own fault. I keep caving into the pious soccer should be free blah blah blah contingent over and over again. 

I am just staring in disbelief at a stadium where the cheapest seats are $70 after service fees and having people tell me I can only make 12 cents a ticket while saving them $50.

The Honduras game cost me about $1200 to put on with the tifo, ticket errors, ticket backups, volunteer tickets, banner baggage ect... .... it all adds up.  Game after game.

9 minutes ago, oilers000 said:

I got a confirmation receipt from paypal. Nothing specifically from the Voyageurs. Should I try to purchase the ticket again? 

No, if you got a confirmation email from PP it should be fine.

I need to know the email you used to buy it with so I can check.  Board names do not carry over to PP.

Archived