TICKETS: Canada vs Mexico - March 25th BC Place

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, king1010 said:

Anyways. 

CSA just tweeted lower bowl is 85% sold. Last week they were at 70%. 

We could be seeing a lower bowl sellout early in the new year. 

Or tomorrow there will be huuuuugggge sales numbers for last minute Christmas gifts and upper bowl will have to be opened on Christmas day. 

21 minutes ago, JDub said:

if there are any more tickets in the lower bowl that they haven't released they may want to get on that for last minute Christmas gifts.  From what I see anyone looking can't get a pair anywhere.  Only singles. 

theres still a couple hundred avail as I look at ticketmaster now. of course some of those are in the Mexican supporter section and some are the top of 251/252 which requires an offer code

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

theres still a couple hundred avail as I look at ticketmaster now. of course some of those are in the Mexican supporter section and some are the top of 251/252 which requires an offer code

you are correct.  I didn't include those seats since you need and offer code or sit in the Mexican section.  If you just log in to ticketmaster no pairs available.  Good sign.   Cheers.

2 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Yes, opinions that don't fit the general consensus are stupid.

Opinions not supported by facts are indeed stupid. When your argument is based on a false premise, a straw man argument, "stupid" seems a reasonable choice.

You have been repeatedly shown the error on which you base your "opinion". Your choice to not accept facts demonstrates at best ignorance and at worst, malice.

19 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

I sincerely hope the high sales for this game becomes a clear message to the CSA that we want our national team to travel and not just stay at BMO.

I think Mexico being the opponent has a lot to do with it.  I also believe Floro and the players prefer BMO so I don't think it is all on the CSA for not spreading the games around but the Honduras game and now this Mexico game may change the players and coaches minds on their preferred location. 

2 hours ago, ted said:

Opinions not supported by facts are indeed stupid. When your argument is based on a false premise, a straw man argument, "stupid" seems a reasonable choice.

You have been repeatedly shown the error on which you base your "opinion". Your choice to not accept facts demonstrates at best ignorance and at worst, malice.

The facts are there is a belief that the upper bowl should be closed to prevent mexican buyers.

My opinion that is bad, your opinion that is good.  The facts are there and I am not dismissing them.

Carry on.

On 12/25/2015 at 7:00 PM, amanfromvancouver said:

The facts are there is a belief that the upper bowl should be closed to prevent mexican buyers.

My opinion that is bad, your opinion that is good.  The facts are there and I am not dismissing them.

Carry on.

I am the one working with the CSA here.

If the demand is there the upper bowl will be opened. If the upper bowl is opened, there will be a large supporters section for Mexican fans.  Bringing the total size of the away fans supporter section to probably 6-8 times larger than ours.

The concerns voiced by the CSA are about the financial viability of opening the upper deck.  Sensible concerns. Among the discussions with people who are actually doing this, no one is talking like you are suggesting. 

In my opinion, for what little it is worth, if us holding a game means we might get out numbered by Mexican fans, so be it. At the end of the day, while it might suck for that game, a substantial chunk of the profits go to the CSA. If the CSA is making money, that means they can invest back into the game better, market other national games better, pay for better coaches and demand/create more Canadian development with pro teams, in whatever league they are part of.

Edited by -Hammer-
52 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

In my opinion, for what little it is worth, if us holding a game means we might get out numbered by Mexican fans, so be it. At the end of the day, while it might suck for that game, a substantial chunk of the profits go to the CSA. If the CSA is making money, that means they can invest back into the game better, market other national games better, pay for better coaches and demand/create more Canadian development with pro teams, in whatever league they are part of.

I think the CSA stands to make quite a bit more money if we host 5 games in the Hex than one game being out numbered by the visitor supporters.  

32 minutes ago, JDub said:

I think the CSA stands to make quite a bit more money if we host 5 games in the Hex than one game being out numbered by the visitor supporters.  

Sure, but if the team can't handle the pressure of an away presence at home, how the heck are they going to handle the pressure of the Hex? You aren't going to win anyone over on Soccer by stopping people from watching because your afraid someone better is going to steal the show from you.

Either way, we can all have different opinions on this one. I won't be calling murder if they do keep it closed regardless.

Edited by -Hammer-
8 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

Sure, but if the team can't handle the pressure of an away presence at home, how the heck are they going to handle the pressure of the Hex? You aren't going to win anyone over on Soccer by stopping people from watching because your afraid someone better is going to steal the show from you.

Either way, we can all have different opinions on this one. I won't be calling murder if they do keep it closed regardless.

Id rather see for myself if they handle pressure by making the hex than not providing them the best home field advantage in the earlier rounds. 

I never quite understood the "if we cant handle X in the fourth round, how can we handle X in the 5th round" 

its a game. The unpredictable happens. Lets give our team the best home environment to make the 5th round then worry about the pressure of being in it when we actually make it. 

Its like hey if we cant handle the pressure of away fans at home now, how are we going to handle the pressure of an actual world cup match in russia. Should we just waive the white towel and forfeit qualifying now then?

and id argue we would win over a lot of fans by drawing mexico at home. The majority of canadians will see this game on tv or as part of a highligts package. They wont know that we didnt sell tickets to mexicans. They'll just know we tied mexico in wcq and this will make them want to follow the team more. 

Edited by king1010
On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 9:17 AM, king1010 said:

so I searched and found out these tickets are for Umbro affiliated clubs.   code wasn't hard to find so I am sure there will be a lot of people in the section not affiliated.