TICKETS: Canada vs Mexico - March 25th BC Place

Admin

6 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

You guys really need to stop giving a shit what some loser like douchefromvancouver has to say.

I'm really not upset.

There is a dimension to this we both need to know how to address, and ensure that our own people also have it framed correctly.

Talking about it is good thing.  We need to be able to explain it to stadiums, administrators, people ect...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy you get really busy at work and step away from the forum for a solid week and shit like this happens...

I suppose this is a good way to perhaps take a look at the specific language used on the informational part of the site and see how it could be taken differently than what is meant. Also, everyone needs to just take a chill pill. Personally I'd prefer it if we toned down the "here's the song sheet this is all we're going to do throughout the 90" and left it up to moments of hilarious inspiration, but that's really hard to do when a lot of new people are brought into the section.

17 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Then you are discriminating in a particular section of the stadium.  "Do it our way or get lost".  That works in some places. BC Place, however, is a public facility and I really find it off putting that you are telling people how they should support the MNT and treating them like they are not worthy of your attention if they are different.  This is , last time I checked, a society that values differences and inclusiveness.

This is all too religious revival stuff for my tastes.  I am shocked the CSA condones this and can not fathom BC Place security is willing to enforce this dogma on all the good meaning people who love their country.

And by the way, a lot of the Mexican supporters at the game will be your fellow Canadians (both residents, and citizens), and should not be treated with some bigoted idea that they are all violent and should be shunned upon and removed if they come near you.  Should I call one of the Voyageurs who happen to be from England a nasty hooligan and ban them from a pub when they want to watch a qualifier in their England kit?  I would bet there are plenty of you that also support a country of origin or descent that is not Canada.  Should you also be stereotyped and treated like a second class citizen?

This whole fear of opposing support is so rooted in old and bigoted tribal nonsense.

you should enter politics

15 hours ago, jpg75 said:

yes, yes i am. multiple people liked my pussy post and no one liked any of douches posts so therefore i am better.

You can't possibly be young enough to justify sounding as juvenile as you do in this post. I have to agree with jojo on this topic. You are being unnecessarily combative and just confirming some of the other poster's points. But if that makes you feel awesome about yourself just carry on, fill your boots.

20 minutes ago, Sport Shaman said:

You can't possibly be young enough to justify sounding as juvenile as you do in this post. I have to agree with jojo on this topic. You are being unnecessarily combative and just confirming some of the other poster's points. But if that makes you feel awesome about yourself just carry on, fill your boots.

Look whose being combative, a day late to the game and piping in his two cents with ad hominem attack. Stay classy.

20 hours ago, jojoflow said:

lol oh wow we were there for at least 30 mins I bet even longer we were talking to Mexican fans as well at times Mexican fans were waiting to get pics with us.  They liked how friendly we were.  

The same thing happened in Denver lots of pics and they even laughed at our chants (laughed ina good way)

And standing right behind us that game were Americans that chose to support Martinique in the next match vs Mexico.  If amanfromvancouver wants, I have like hundreds of pics of us Canadian fans mingling with Mexican fans in a positive manner before the match!

Does that mean I want my cheering experience to be surrounded by both Mexican and Canadian fans?  Not necessarily.  Thanks to the Vs and mostly Jamie, we are allowed to opt into an experience that is mindbendingly awesome, and keeps getting more awesome as time goes on, and soccer catches on more and more in North America.  We will continue to include those people that have never been to a game before in hopes that they have a great enough experience to love the game and the Canadian teams as much as we clearly do.

The key word is "opt in".  Depending on what you desire as a fan, you should be allowed the choice of atmosphere.  Luckily for amanfromvancouver, 90% of the arena is just what he wants.  Luckily for us, a % of the stadium is allowed to be just what we love it to be.  

Canadian, pure Canadian, loud and proud.

Got two more, so make it 12.

Tickets look like they are going fast, wow. Part of me is optimistic that this is mostly Canadian fans. But, I think I may be wrong. 

Whatever though lads, we can take em. Let's drown them out, this is our home turf. Im pumped!!

On 10/12/2015 at 11:59 PM, amanfromvancouver said:

I have made my points and voiced my concerns.  We won't see eye to eye and at the end, that is ok.  I don't think we need to g on for pages and pages.  I made my point, you made yours.

I liked this as a way of being funny, hope you all appreciate my efforts!! 

As for you, sir, you are totally barking up the wrong paradigm. If you want a cause, there are plenty out there and I am sure they could use your passion where it won't be totally misplaced.

Back to the topic. If you guys are able to create a majority Canada atmosphere in the lower bowl with a corner full of Mexicans up high, that will be a huge success. I am totally thrilled and impressed, cause like most here I was worried we'd get burned again. 

And to Jamie, about all your efforts here, and my great memories of meeting you in Van a few years ago before Mexico in Seattle, I agree with everyone here, I am sure your modesty is what is putting you out, you have understated your case and we've typically ignored you. And I hope to be able to help out soon.

no but there was am email blast from the club outlining the presale window from the 8th to the 14th. 

Here is what I gather from the Mexico supporters section, as per ticketmaster.
-much larger designated area than the Hondurans
-still several seats available
-likely haven't sold the upper rows of the section 

16 minutes ago, norvansupport said:

no but there was am email blast from the club outlining the presale window from the 8th to the 14th. 

Here is what I gather from the Mexico supporters section, as per ticketmaster.
-much larger designated area than the Hondurans
-still several seats available
-likely haven't sold the upper rows of the section 

the Mexican supporters section appears to be just as large as ours!

Archived