TICKETS: Canada vs Mexico - March 25th BC Place

Admin

2 minutes ago, admin said:

I am just staring in disbelief at a stadium where the cheapest seats are $70 after service fees and having people tell me I can only make 12 cents a ticket while saving them $50.

The Honduras game cost me about $1200 to put on with the tifo, ticket errors, ticket backups, volunteer tickets, banner baggage ect... .... it all adds up.  Game after game.

Geez man, you have to speak up about this shit cuz it ain't right. No one should be taking on all that and having to dip in their own pocket to cover costs. If the price can't sustain operations then the price needs to go up. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

So let me get this straight..

If I dare to sit in or near this section; I will be forcibly removed if I am not wearing the right clothing or if I happen to need to sit in my seat at times throughout the game?  And BC Place security is in agreement with this and will enforce removing me?

No.

But if you want to be a dick and fuck up all the volunteer work and efforts of the people who put this together, you would be entirely free to do so.

58 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Geez man, you have to speak up about this shit cuz it ain't right. No one should be taking on all that and having to dip in their own pocket to cover costs. If the price can't sustain operations then the price needs to go up. 

Yeah, well you keep thinking it's going to get better and it does... and it doesn't...

Started the membership thing a few years ago to fix this and then promptly got hacked three times a row and slaughtered on tickets and merchandise for the women's rematch game.  This really fucked shit up.

One of the issues we had was when there was a game on the forum/server would crash.  So I fixed this by getting a dedicated server and this was not cheap, it worked.. It doesn't sound like much $150 a month, but 3 years later that's almost 6000US.  We now use a dynamic cloud based managed service the last few years so it's not as much when it isn't busy, but scales up during games. It's still sixty a month, or 720US a year.  So in hosting alone we are looking at almost 9000 US in six years.  And no, you can't do this on $5 a month goDaddy website hosting.

Early on there were real problems with tickets. We were losing thousands in tickets in the mail, and these were going to people I knew, so I know there was no bullshit involved. When I switched from the one post office to distributing them in small batches in a variety of mailboxes, we didn't have a single ticket go missing for the next five games. Then we switched to electronic which ended those  problems but created some new ones, duplicate tickets.  Duplicate electronic tickets you only find out about at the gate. With the missing printed ones I would have to cover people cause I often wouldn't find out about until game day and didn't have the relationship with the box office to get tickets reissued. Thousands gone here over the years offset a bit by small ticket margins and extra cash on the delivery fees.   Today, with the new system in place and relationships with the ticket office(s) this is virtually not a problem anymore. But it took time to get where it is today.

The learning cycle is the game. The iteration is rather long, sometimes very long to discover a new problem and fix it for next time.  It's not like organizing stuff for club games where the box office handles all the tickets, everyone knows each other and you meet again next week.

The sort of relentless will to keep doing this and straight up investment of money has over time dramatically changed our relationship with the CSA. They are no longer weary of us.  We really couldn't sell tickets for a profit in the early years, no one was even sure if it was legal. I was told not to incorporate a non profit in 2012, that was big mistake on my part.  Again, listening to people I should have tuned out long ago.

The financial problems we have now are all self inflicted because there is enough trust involved that we could have sold tickets for $25 and no one would have said a thing. We have proven ourselves and have earned that. I caved in to the fear of the everything should be free people in our community.  The part of our community that needs to die. 

We are now in a position to do this right. But it cost a fuck of a lot of money to get here.

1 hour ago, admin said:

No.

But if you want to be a dick and fuck up all the volunteer work and efforts of the people who put this together, you would be entirely free to do so.

So let me again get this straight...

A man who has watched and shown up at WcQ matches since the 80s, is a dick if he needs to sit down at times because he just needs to do that for his body. And this one man will fuck up all the volunteer work and efforts?  I suppose that also means that anyone disabled or elderly or in poverty and unable to afford a Canadian Kit is not welcome as a supporter of the MNT?

And your other post mentions people in the community should die for some reason of disagreeing with you or thinking something should be free.  Alright then.

This section sounds like a religious cult.  I have to say I am very disappointed to see what the Voyageurs have become.  "do it exactly like us , or die, vanish, fuck off, etc".  Amazing disgust you have for the 99% of our country's soccer/football lovers that are not members of your group. What impeccable arrogance to think you and only you are the only path to supporting our MNT.  I doubt most of your followers have been showing up at games since the 80s in the martimes like some of us.

This is a very un-Canadian supporters group. At least, the Canadian values I, and many of my fellow Canadians, believe in.

6 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

A man who has watched and shown up at WcQ matches since the 80s, is a dick if he needs to sit down at times because he just needs to do that for his body. And this one man will fuck up all the volunteer work and efforts?

This section sounds like a religious cult.

No, you can sit down if you get tired and nobody will be angry at you. If you plan on sitting for more than 20 minutes out of 90+ stoppage I wouldn't join the section because everyone around you will be standing and you'll miss the game because you won't see much!

If you are sitting in the section with a green sombrero, then you're a dick.

54 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

A man who has watched and shown up at WcQ matches since the 80s, is a dick if he needs to sit down at times because he just needs to do that for his body. And this one man will fuck up all the volunteer work and efforts?  I suppose that also means that anyone disabled or elderly or in poverty and unable to afford a Canadian Kit is not welcome as a supporter of the MNT?

And your other post mentions people in the community should die for some reason of disagreeing with you or thinking something should be free.  Alright then.

This section sounds like a religious cult.  I have to say I am very disappointed to see what the Voyageurs have become.  "do it exactly like us , or die, vanish, fuck off, etc".  Amazing disgust you have for the 99% of our country's soccer/football lovers that are not members of your group. What impeccable arrogance to think you and only you are the only path to supporting our MNT.  I doubt most of your followers have been showing up at games since the 80s in the martimes like some of us.

This is a very un-Canadian supporters group. At least, the Canadian values I believe in.

OK, let's start over.  This has not been a good day. 

First off there is a family section for people that need assigned seating. This is really difficult to do for us, takes a lot of work and effort to make it happen.

You don't have to deal with the security issues when a group of away supporters buy tickets in our section. I am pretty confident in saying you have never had to deal with this.  This is a real problem for us and makes game day very not fun.

Your post seemed like you just wanted to ignore everything and just plow in and do whatever you want.  It pretty much reads that way.  I have dealt with emails like this all day.  People who are telling me they will sit in their seats cause they are bringing their children and it gives them the right to do so.   You probably could and I am glad we live in a country where we can't really tell people they can't sit in a certain section essentially because of who they are.  

But to purposely do so at the expense of what others are trying to build when other options are available is what is arrogant. Not us.

You are painting people with some pretty broad strokes you have no business doing based on one snarky reply to a poorly worded post at the end of day dealing with people that want our cheap tickets but have no idea what goes into making those happen.   I was clearly talking about the 'attitude' that needs to die in that other post 'cause I am close to 15K in the hole on this project, and if you think that is arrogant... well I don't know what to say. 

Just come out and have a good time. It's what we do, people are friendly. You are just wrong about what you are saying, and it can be proved so by just coming to a game and meeting people.

You'll find a bunch of us who have been going to games 'since the 80's'  and probably really enjoy yourself.

6 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

This is a very un-Canadian supporters group. At least, the Canadian values I, and many of my fellow Canadians, believe in.

Do you need a hug?

How about we stop giving Jamie so much grief?

If you buy tickets in the V's section understand what you signing up for or find another spot in the stadium.

If you are unable to afford tickets elsewhere then step outside of your comfort zone and join in, you will probably enjoy it. I've never seen someone let their hair down at a Canada game and not have a great time.

We are their to provide a home field advantage and sitting in a seat watching the game does not do that, again if that's what you are want their are many places in stadium to do so.

5 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

lol. This sort of reminds of me the "I've been here since day 1" TFC fans in the south end. It blows me away that the Voyageurs can continue to grow, in numbers, and become an increasingly bigger part of the Canadian soccer landscape and the hearts of Canadian soccer fans yet a tiny % of people will look for a way to tear them down over non-issues. I am sure many people have been going to Canada games from the "80's" who have been praying for a dedicated supporters section that we have finally managed to create, mostly in thanks to dedicated people like socceronly who lose money all in the name of creating a positive home experience. These section only truly work when the vast majority of the members inside the supports section have like mined ideas. If the percentage of these people are significantly reduced or fans of the opposing team then naturally the intended positive effect of the group will whither away. If you are buying tickets in the section which encourages everyone to sing and jump, great. If you need to rest for a bit because you have a condition or tired, great you can do so. But if you plan on sitting the whole time in a section that prides itself on involvement and participation it might be the wrong section for you. On top of that, if you miss any of the game because you are sitting, you have no right to complain.  1 person might seem like nothing, but when the number becomes a couple hundred just because people want dirt cheap tickets, or to be in "that section" it dilutes the goal we are trying to achieve(it has happened before).  Due to your small number of posts, I will also assume you don't understand 1 tenth of the problems that the leaders of this movement have to face in general or on game day to provide a positive pro canadian environment(I am not claiming I do). As a fan following from the "80's" you know very well that many "home games" have been anything but home games and the voyageurs have finally established a consistent home field advantage in recent years. Every part of your post is either taking someones words out of context or going to an unnecessary extreme. You will not find tickets anywhere in Canada for professional sports for 20 dollars a ticket. It is dirt cheap so if this isnt for you but still want to be part of the singing just buy a seat one section over. People who are financially struggling and don't want to join this group can sit in other sections for dirt cheap as well. Disgust for 99% of canadian soccer fans? We looooove canadian soccer fans. If there is anyone who loves canadian soccer fans it is the leaders of this group. They are just advised to sit in a section that would be ideal for their game day experience, weather its joining us or sitting somewhere else. Who said this was the only path to support the national team? Allez les rouges

10 hours ago, admin said:

Yeah, but it's five years too late.

The donation thing doesn't work.

It's my own fault. I keep caving into the pious soccer should be free blah blah blah contingent over and over again. 

I am just staring in disbelief at a stadium where the cheapest seats are $70 after service fees and having people tell me I can only make 12 cents a ticket while saving them $50.

The Honduras game cost me about $1200 to put on with the tifo, ticket errors, ticket backups, volunteer tickets, banner baggage ect... .... it all adds up.  Game after game.

Holy crap Jamie! If we are talking about $5 per ticket being the difference between being able to cover all of this stuff (very important stuff mind you ... would we want the Vs section to be without banners? Without flags/Tifos/etc?) and being in the red all the time, for me it is a no brainer. I fully understand that there are several people who like to buy a large chunk of tickets and then get people to come along, and for them a small increase ends up being a lot bigger. But on the flip side, there isn't a thing that I do in a social setting these days that costs less than $25. So IMHO this is a change that has to happen. $25 is not too much to pay to go to a soccer game. 

I've joined this forum for about 5 months about and I flew to       Vancouver for the game. I was a little scared to be disappointed because it did cost a good chunck of change and I had never really been part of anything like this before. Anyways, I think that this is a group that is here for Team Canada and volunteers such as Jaimie should not endure as much bs and stress as he does. If you're a Voyageur and you're there for team Canada 5-10 bucks will not make any difference. I'm sure there are other reasons to why it's not more expensive but after all that I just wanna thank Jamie and all the volounteers for all they've done and I cannot wait to go back to Vancouver and make some mire memories from Doolin's to the March and the wet flags drenched with beer it was truly awesome. 

27 minutes ago, Ngravs9 said:

I've joined this forum for about 5 months about and I flew to       Vancouver for the game. I was a little scared to be disappointed because it did cost a good chunck of change and I had never really been part of anything like this before. Anyways, I think that this is a group that is here for Team Canada and volunteers such as Jaimie should not endure as much bs and stress as he does. If you're a Voyageur and you're there for team Canada 5-10 bucks will not make any difference. I'm sure there are other reasons to why it's not more expensive but after all that I just wanna thank Jamie and all the volounteers for all they've done and I cannot wait to go back to Vancouver and make some mire memories from Doolin's to the March and the wet flags drenched with beer it was truly awesome. 

And the Santa beards were a nice touch :)

14 hours ago, oilers000 said:

14 hours ago, admin said:

Looks fine.

Did someting seem weird or go wrong?

I think I figured out what is wrong (If there's anything wrong). It says there is a transaction that is pending. So I am assuming im waiting for you guys to accept the transaction through paypal. Sorry about all the confusion. I've never bought tickets specifically through the V's before. 

Anyone crapping on the massive effort Jamie and others have done for each game can give their head a shake. It has been well documented what the Voyageurs section is about. If that isn't everyone's cup of tea, and it is unrealistic to expect that it is, then that's fine, but it will mean the Voyageurs section is not for you. If that makes the Voyageurs un-Canadian, then I sure as fuck consider myself un-Canadian.

the voyageurs supporters section is for the hardcore supporters who sit, cheer all game, and wear Canada red.

Its pretty simple.

If you "can't afford" to own red clothing or can't stand for 90 minutes there's thousands of other seats in the stadium priced at $25 for you to sit in and support Canada from.

Nobody is forcing you to sit in the hardcore supporters section. It's just not a section for people who need to sit, they wont be able to see the game.

Archived