TICKETS: Canada vs Mexico - March 25th BC Place

Admin

5 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Why not just put the game at Swangard, open up 5000 tickets in a voyageurs only pre sale, and that is that.  Nice and easy, guaranteed 95% canadian support.  Seems to be the route you want to take.

Sounds like an awesome plan to me... better yet, let's play the game in Newfoundland. Oh, wait, we actually did that...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2015 at 10:31 PM, admin said:
1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

This maybe a stupid question but if they open the upper bowl and we get 5-10000 extra sold tickets to mainly mexican supporters..is it the end of the world? The CSA will make a ton of money.  I know the home field advantage will most likely be gone, but it would be nice to see a complete sell out.  Lets face it, our boys need to be able to scratch out some points out of tough spots if they expect to even just make the HEX, let alone go on to the big show.  A sort of dress rehersal for the return game in Mexico city.  At least for once it would be our CSA pocketing the money from a complete sell out.  Like our PC troll from Vancouver said, you cant really keep the mexican travelling fans out can you?  Lets make them overpay for beer and hotdogs at the game and make some cash!!  

As of Dec. 31st 2013 the CSA had cash reserves of $6.5M. That figure is likely 8 figures now thanks to the succesful WWC this year. Operating budget minus WWC transfers was $18M. The CSA is no longer a poor organization, we can pass up an extra 1M from 15K Mexican fans to squeeze out a result and feel good about it. Besides, making the Hex means 5 more meaningful home games that can bring in more $ than the extra Mexicans we put in the upper bowl.

6 hours ago, admin said:

I do all this, just me.  I don't do that shit so stop suggesting I do.

To be fair Jamie, he was talking about the Ticketmaster tickets I think. Not our section.

19 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

You know how we get a 90% canadian crowd in a stadium?

By not having more than 10% Mexican support in the stadium? That one's simple arithmetic. You may be more of a Voyageur than you think! Only 10% Mexico support would be Unfucking-believeable! If the game is played in Vancouver or Toronto I think any Voyageur on this board would be quite content if the Canada support was 51% percent and loud and we had the semblance of a home game vs them for once in our own damn country.

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

This maybe a stupid question but if they open the upper bowl and we get 5-10000 extra sold tickets to mainly mexican supporters..is it the end of the world? The CSA will make a ton of money.

I actually agree with this somewhat. We should have made the whole upper bowl the designated Mexico supporters section. Estadio Azteca-style. Look here↓↓:

http://douglaszimmerman.blogspot.ca/2009/08/united-states-mens-national-team-vs.html

The US fans are in the nosebleeds in the upper bowl of Azteca. ↑↑↑ 

At BC Place, many Mexico supporters would have bought in the lower bowl anyways but at least the Canada fans would sound louder and be more visible to the players on the pitch and the TV cameras if the Mexican support was diluted into the upper bowl. The CSA would have a more "home game" feel and make some money too. Money is important because it buys training camps, future friendlies, etc..

Anybody going on this trip↓↓:

...can expect the same treatment as the Yanks at Azteca. You will actually want Mexicans to throw cups of beer/Coke/(piss?) at you because that will mean Canada actually managed to score at Azteca!

19 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Interesting to see the CSA on this whole discrimination bandwagon too.  Openly saying they will terminate ticket sales if necessary; my gosh how is this even legal.

Why does US Soccer play Mexico in Ohio instead of in California during World Cup Qualifying? Every country and every soccer club manipulates ticket sales. This is nothing new.

2 hours ago, 1zzurri said:

I told you he'd come back again. I hate liars

Sure you never lied on the internet before, or never lied in life in general, fudged on your taxes, made a story to your significant other, took a sick day when you were not sick, on and on and on.......

saying you hate liars in something as simple as this makes you look like a hypocrite yourself.  

On 12/20/2015 at 11:41 PM, amanfromvancouver said:

Sure you never lied on the internet before, or never lied in life in general, fudged on your taxes, made a story to your significant other, took a sick day when you were not sick, on and on and on.......

saying you hate liars in something as simple as this makes you look like a hypocrite yourself.  

Alright I think the whole conversation has been derailed long enough. You know how we make the troll go away? Stop paying attention to him. Here are a few steps to help you do this:

1. Click on your username

2. Click on Ignored Users

3. In the "Add a new user to ignore list" field enter amanfromvancouver

4. Check the Posts, Messages and Signature checkboxes

5. Click the Add User button

Voila. This will leave us time to focus on the important questions, such as "will I get punched in the dick during this game?" and "how many beers can we buy Jamie in order to thank him for his efforts, but not kill him?"

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Hmm, i guess it was a stupid question, HAHA!!  Nice to know we have lots of cash for camp poutine and any upcoming friendlies.  But how will they know its mexican supporters wanting to buy tickets and not CDN?  

Mailing addresses. Billing addresses. Past purchases. IP addresses. 

10 hours ago, shermanator said:

Alright I think the whole conversation has been derailed long enough. You know how we make the troll go away? Stop paying attention to him. Here are a few steps to help you do this:

Voila. This will leave us time to focus on the important questions, such as "will I get punched in the dick during this game?" and "how many beers can we buy Jamie in order to thank him for his efforts, but not kill him?"

Cool option I was not aware of. I believe the answer is 99 beers

17 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

He's not talking about that. He's talking about the CSA deciding to not open the upper bowl because of the probability that it will be bought out by away fans.

My apologies then. 

I am on my phone and skimming things I shouldn't skim.

I say open up the upper bowl. If it's all Mexican fans so be it.  More people in the city, more people in the stadium, more money for the CSA.

Seattle was great.  We will show up and support the team along with thousands of other Canadian fans.

Tickets should go back on sale tonight.

I just had to figure out how the tickets were distributed between the seated family section and the GA.

I really don't want to be the one telling people don't have tickets after they bought them cause we oversold the sections.

I also am waiting to see if there is any room for a buffer if I oversell, as we don't have any inventory control on ticket sales.

PayPal's inventory system leaves a lot to be desired.

43 minutes ago, Califax said:

An idea for those who can't make it out, why not buy a ticket anyway? A little contribution in case someone at the last minute in YVR needs one.

I'm thinking about doing this just in case but some miracle that I'm able to get out there. 

I've been buying an extra ticket for every game I've been to in the last few years.
It's how I met deadlynx at the WWC in Edmonton :)

On 12/21/2015 at 0:07 AM, shermanator said:

Also, for those of you who don't ignore him, if you reply, DON'T QUOTE HIM.

13 minutes ago, squizz1402635577 said:

Just to confirm what was attributed to me earlier in this thread: The CSA has indicated to me that if they believe that opening the upper bowl will lead to a giant rush of Mexican fans, they won't open the upper bowl.

Now, as to how they could possibly determine who would/might buy tickets there, I have no idea.

Best guess is they are seeing or getting large requests from outside of canada for tickets that they can't fill now due to the presale to canadians (i.e. asks for block of 50 that they don't have anymore). Probably feel that the canadian demand isn't high enough for them to open up the top and that they could wait until a week or two before the game (too late to arrange travel plans for most) and then open up a few more sections for canadian support if necessary.

Archived