Finlay an all star

nolando

Officially added to gameday roster. Article I read mentioned his 12 assists and his potential for an MVP nod. Of all the ones who have slipped through the fingers recently I think this kid could have made the most immediate impact in an area of the pitch where we could desperately use some attacking flair. To what might have been...

what are you even saying? they determined he wasn't eligible to play for Canada.

AFAIK there was never an official release stating he was not ever going to eligible. I saw a quote from Finlay saying he wasn't eligible at this time, but that's it.

Let the Americans keep their American College boys. No need to entertain the idea of stop gap solutions like him. His kind will eventually be obsolete.

You mean a 24 year old attacking mid-fielder starting for his club at a high level will eventually be obsolete for Canada? If that's true when do we win the world cup?

Either way, I read about this story and it seems his father Brent is a bit of a liar as there is no record of him ever playing college hockey. I wonder if he is lying about being Canadian? haha

Squizz

https://twitter.com/DanielSquizzato/status/618262876927557632

if you read the full conversation it seems he doesn't have citizenship and a lot of people have said he isn't able to get citizenship either. There is a whole thread on it somewhere here.

There is a thread here on it and it's all heresay and take-my-word-for-it's. I want a detailed explanation straight from the horses mouth why he's not eligible before i take it as gospel.

There is a thread here on it and it's all heresay and take-my-word-for-it's. I want a detailed explanation straight from the horses mouth why he's not eligible before i take it as gospel.

Two things that could stop him, one his dad renounced his Canadian citizenship. Two his dad didn't have Canadian citizenship in the first place. 

Two things that could stop him, one his dad renounced his Canadian citizenship. Two his dad didn't have Canadian citizenship in the first place. 

Three, his dad is in the FBI witness protection program and is only pretending to be Canadian.

Three, his dad is in the FBI witness protection program and is only pretending to be Canadian.

Which would fall under number two, his dad isn't Canadian :P

But seriously, his fathers citizenship would be the big issue for him at the moment if he is ineligible 

Wasn't there a recent quote by Finlay himself saying that he was not eligible?  Would that be proof enough if someone found the link?  Or is it possible that I'm confusing him with someone else

Yes there was, but I am not sure if it was clear whether he is just not eligible now, or whether he will ever be eligible.

Archived