Canada vs USA June 2nd BMO Field - Pre game and planning thread

Admin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup.

That works. We get:

Looks good! Other people, thoughts?

EDIT: Is that too many words to put on a banner?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerramy_Stevens

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/11/13/jerramy-stevens-and-hope-solo-allegedly-fought-over-whether-to-live-in-washington-or-florida/

This woman should hear it worse than anyone who has ever set foot on Canadian soil. Her fiancée/husband is a common thug.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Future CanWNT
So I guess Dope Solo references? (Not sexist as far as I know, she did test positive for something)

Here`s a chant that should be our women`s national team main chant: You are our ladies. And we are your fans. Something Something Something. The Power of Bronze).

(Lyrics between are Whenever you reach for me/I`d do all I can/ We`re heading for something/Somewhere I`ve never been/Sometimes I`m frightened/But I`m ready to learn)

Here`s my try. I`m sure someone with English as its mother tongue can do better than that.

What about Whenever you play for us/We`d do all we can/We`re heading for something/Somewhere we`ve never been/(Something)/But we already learned of the Power of Bronze (

How about:

you are our ladies/ and we are your fans/ whenever you play for us/ we'll do all that we can/ we're heading for something/ somewhere we've never been/ sometimes we may struggle/ but we've already learned of the power of bronze.

Guest Future CanWNT

Since I'm quite new to this, I was wondering about getting youth teams into the supporters section. Is that the plan and if so how does it work?

Since I'm quite new to this, I was wondering about getting youth teams into the supporters section. Is that the plan and if so how does it work?

No, usually, youth teams get their sections. Plus, I don`t know if people would love to hear about the cecity of a referee.

I saw on twitter that Hope Solo is out 3-4 months due to wrist surgery. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/wp/2013/03/08/tim-howard-hope-solo-sidelined-with-injuries/ The 6 count just won't be the same without her between the pipes.

They mention she will miss the next two US friendlies in April but not the Canada game.

3-months from surgery date would be June 7th. If she has a speedy recovery (2&ahalf months) she may yet play. Unlikely, but it seems they haven't fully ruled it out.

From the Stompin Tom tribute thread: http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?46149-The-Stompin-Tom-tribute-thread

So goodbye Sidney Leroux

Goodbye all who stray

We hope that you'll be happy

Playin for the USA

Cause if you don't believe your country

should come before yourself

Ya can better serve your country,

by playing somewhere else

What about

Goodby Teal and Sidney

Guest Future CanWNT
What about

Goodby Teal and Sidney

Even better! The "Sydney Leroux" didn't quite fit, and now we could us it at a men's game to if we wanted.

Goodbye Teal and Sidney

Goodbye all who stray

We hate to see you leavin

Bound for the USA

But if you don't believe your country

Should come before yourself

You can better serve your country

By playin somewhere else

• 2 weeks later...
SO with a group coming down from Ottawa when and where is the pre-game?

It will be at Gossip. gossiprestaurant.com/

50 Prince Edward Island Crescent Toronto, ON

a super close walk to BMO Field.

Don't let their fancy look fool you; they become a casual place for a few hours whilst filled with Voyageurs. Decently priced beer and food. Don't call them. Jamie is taking care of everything.

EDIT: Jamie, perhaps you can update the first post when you have a minute to include this info.

It will be at Gossip. gossiprestaurant.com/

50 Prince Edward Island Crescent Toronto, ON

a super close walk to BMO Field.

Don't let their fancy look fool you; they become a casual place for a few hours whilst filled with Voyageurs. Decently priced beer and food. Don't call them. Jamie is taking care of everything.

EDIT: Jamie, perhaps you can update the first post when you have a minute to include this info.

Will this be remotely teen appropriate, or adults only?? Of course my kids can always stand outside whilst I get my swill!!!

Will this be remotely teen appropriate, or adults only?? Of course my kids can always stand outside whilst I get my swill!!!

I am a bit concerned about Gossip in this regard.

They open for us. I would be a problem if it were full of teenage girls.

They make their money off of us buying beer, but this is a very different crowd.

Archived