Canada vs USA June 2nd BMO Field - Pre game and planning thread

Admin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When we know prices, I would LOVE to start an initiative to get as many girls soccer teams in the province to be at this game.

I'm good to work on some promo videos too. I'd love to get some serious buzz and have some ideas if anyone wants to help out.

Cal

I think that will sell itself. It's the odd thing about soccer. They will fall all over themselves for positive role models for girls, but the boys can all just go fck themselves. The same club that will bring all their girls to a game, won't even lift a finger for a men's game.

I think it's a good thing. I just wish they would do it for both.

This is going to sell out. I think we should focus on the supporters section. The rest of the stadium as much as I would like it to be full, as I learned the hard way, just isn't our problem.

So I guess Dope Solo references? (Not sexist as far as I know, she did test positive for something)

Here`s a chant that should be our women`s national team main chant: You are our ladies. And we are your fans. Something Something Something. The Power of Bronze).

(Lyrics between are Whenever you reach for me/I`d do all I can/ We`re heading for something/Somewhere I`ve never been/Sometimes I`m frightened/But I`m ready to learn)

Here`s my try. I`m sure someone with English as its mother tongue can do better than that.

What about Whenever you play for us/We`d do all we can/We`re heading for something/Somewhere we`ve never been/(Something)/But we already learned of the Power of Bronze (

I think that will sell itself. It's the odd thing about soccer. They will fall all over themselves for positive role models for girls, but the boys can all just go fck themselves. The same club that will bring all their girls to a game, won't even lift a finger for a men's game.

I think it's a good thing. I just wish they would do it for both.

This is going to sell out. I think we should focus on the supporters section. The rest of the stadium as much as I would like it to be full, as I learned the hard way, just isn't our problem.

Enh, I'll be pretty bored until qualifying next time, so for this, I'm intrigued enough to make it my problem. If only to try something new for this one. Anyone who wants to brainstorm, hit me with a PM.

I'm a little nervous about the buzz and a big turnout. The team has regressed while the youngsters are getting their chance to play, and I think there's a good chance the team will take a whoopin' in this game. What will happen to the fan base if they come to watch expecting parity and see that instead?

I'm a little nervous about the buzz and a big turnout. The team has regressed while the youngsters are getting their chance to play, and I think there's a good chance the team will take a whoopin' in this game. What will happen to the fan base if they come to watch expecting parity and see that instead?

Don't know. I don't think they will field a test team, but I have had the same thought.

Herdman said he'd be willing to bring back Tancredi and the likes to ensure a competitive game. This will definitely be the best team possible.

Banner for Leroux:

Brett Lawrie's face with the words "Real Canadian".

I like this idea.

What do we do for Solo that will distract her/be funny but won't seem misogynist? Instead of calling her a douche (as we do for most opposing keepers). We could call her husband a douchebag instead.

@Jamie add the chorus for:

The Power of Love (with modified lyrics - to be decided) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BHoj8uFdr8

to the songs list.

Maybe have

'Cause you're our ladies

And we are your men

Whenever you reach for us

We'll do all that we can...

I like this idea.

What do we do for Solo that will distract her/be funny but won't seem misogynist? Instead of calling her a douche (as we do for most opposing keepers). We could call her husband a douchebag instead.

@Jamie add the chorus for:

The Power of Love (with modified lyrics - to be decided) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BHoj8uFdr8

to the songs list.

Maybe have

'Cause you're our ladies

And we are your men

Whenever you reach for us

We'll do all that we can...

We'll I suspect that half our ticket sales will not be men.... ;0

Archived