Begovic upsets Bosnian MNT

VPjr

was originally going to post in our MNT forum but I think this is more appropriate.....maybe we got lucky that he opted to take the bribe to play for Bosnia...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11701_6743899,00.html

Begovic angers Bosnia

Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic is in hot water with the Bosnia Football Association after missing another game with his national side.

The 23-year-old shot-stopper was absent for the friendly against Mexico in America on Wednesday after reportedly telling international coach Safet Susic he wanted to focus on keeping his first-team place at the Britannia.

The keeper also missed the clash with Slovakia last November when Susic initially threatened Stoke and the keeper with sanctions only to accept Begovic's explanation that he was too ill to travel.

But Susic is in no mood to be forgiving once again, telling the Stoke Sentinel: "After this we will initiate proceedings against him.

"I could not believe it when he cancelled against the Slovaks, but I forgive him because he is an outstanding goalkeeper.

"But we will do everything that needs to be done when it comes to this case. After doing this for a second time, it will not be overlooked again."

If the guy doesn't want to play, what will proceedings actually do? Are they going to suspend him? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't force someone to play for your national side.

I guess after they didn't qualify for the WC, Begovic has had a change of heart. Maybe he wasn't as "Bosnian" as he claimed to be.....

was originally going to post in our MNT forum but I think this is more appropriate.....maybe we got lucky that he opted to take the bribe to play for Bosnia...

Did I miss the bold part when the whole sorry saga of switching nations unfolded? Was there a bribe involved?

This is as satisfying as hearing that the girlfriend who cheated on you just got cheated on by her new boyfriend.

That's the thing about guys that have to have their arm twisted to play for the rightful country or to play internationally; even if they do choose Canada they will almost always be high maintenance, the kind of guys who might leave you short a player without any notice, start playing the "took a knock in training at my club" card, etc.

Have fun with him, Bosnia, he's all yours.

This is as satisfying as hearing that the girlfriend who cheated on you just got cheated on by her new boyfriend.

And the boyfriend cheated on her with some fat chick. A fat, older chick. A fat older chick with a whisky voice. A fat older chick with a whisky voice who also happens to be a chain smoker. A fat, older, whisky voiced, chain-smoking chick with a prosthetic leg.

And I'm not talking a legit prosthetic, I'm talking the sort of prosthetic which is traditionally whittled from a 2x4 and attached to the sort of individuals who are inclined to say "Yarrrr.."

You know that brief feeling of slight panic you experience when you wake up all groggy looking at an unfamiliar ceiling? And you know that sudden feeling of real panic you experience when you slowly roll your vision over toward what ever it is which has caused your right arm to fall asleep?

Yeah. Get used to it, Ass-smear. You're going to be living it, pal.

I was talking about the "outstanding goalkeeper" part of his comment. I don't think he's an EPL starter long term, and Stoke should eventually figure that out...

I failed at sarcasm! :)

I meant our team kind of sucked so he got lots of practice in net.

And the boyfriend cheated on her with some fat chick. A fat, older chick. A fat older chick with a whisky voice. A fat older chick with a whisky voice who also happens to be a chain smoker. A fat, older, whisky voiced, chain-smoking chick with a prosthetic leg.

And I'm not talking a legit prosthetic, I'm talking the sort of prosthetic which is traditionally whittled from a 2x4 and attached to the sort of individuals who are inclined to say "Yarrrr.."

You know that brief feeling of slight panic you experience when you wake up all groggy looking at an unfamiliar ceiling? And you know that sudden feeling of real panic you experience when you slowly roll your vision over toward what ever it is which has caused your right arm to fall asleep?

Yeah. Get used to it, Ass-smear. You're going to be living it, pal.

Morning coffee - check. Hot oatmeal - check. Laugh of the day - check. Cheers!

You forgot the part that the fat chick was the girlfriend's mother. Ahhh Jerry Springer ... ;-)

Begobiitch's commitment seems to be questionable wherever he goes.

Article from August 2010:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/7963238/Stoke-City-manager-Tony-Pulis-reads-riot-act-as-disrespectful-Asmir-Begovic-stokes-fire.html

Canada, Stoke City, and now Bosnia

It's a good thing he flaked on us, we're better off without his drama.

That's the thing about guys that have to have their arm twisted to play for the rightful country or to play internationally; even if they do choose Canada they will almost always be high maintenance, the kind of guys who might leave you short a player without any notice, start playing the "took a knock in training at my club" card, etc.

You mean like Radzinski did (fake an injury at the instigation of his club) for the August 2004 WCQ match against Guatemala, when he showed up fine for Fulham a few days later. This was a major cause of our disintegration for that WCQ campaign, but everybody thinks he is a saint now. A loyal Canadian, but he knew what side of the bread was buttered.

Did I miss the bold part when the whole sorry saga of switching nations unfolded? Was there a bribe involved?

I probably should not have wrote that but this guy bugs me to no end.

It has been suggested by a few people I trust that it would not be at all surprising if there had been a briefcase of cash changing hands to help Asmir ease the "pain" of turning his back on Canada

If the guy doesn't want to play, what will proceedings actually do?

If he's made himself available to the Bosnian national team, yet didn't respond to a call-up during a FIFA international date, then either he or his club are at fault.

The proceedings would attempt to figure out whether he refused to travel, or whether the club prevented him from travelling. If the former, he would likely receive a suspension from the Bosnian national team. If the latter, the Bosnian FA would lodge a formal complaint against the club with FIFA.

Archived