New Kit: Think You Can Do Better?

LSM

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@thescottc - could you do a white with the maple leaf outline in red, basically a reverse of that #5 jersey? I really like that design, and would love to see the white reverse version. Geez, we could come up with kit redesigns for the CSA for the next 20 years the way things are going.

@thescottc - could you do a white with the maple leaf outline in red, basically a reverse of that #5 jersey? I really like that design, and would love to see the white reverse version. Geez, we could come up with kit redesigns for the CSA for the next 20 years the way things are going.

Here you go:

My%20Jersey%20-%20White3.jpg

Sorry, it's not a true reverse because I used a slightly different jersey style (I've been using Italy's white jersey and Fiorentina's red for these).

Dude...That is gorgeous...

I spoke with the president of Umbro Monday night and he mentioned that they are looking for designs for next years jersey as it is the CSA Centennial year and they want something that has the "DNA" (his words) of the Canadian fans. Thats all I can tell you right now, but hopefully we can form a good relationship with Umbro to get our hands on a lot of nice Canadian gear. Once I find out exactly what we can do I will divulge more details.

They have a maple leaf too???

Uh... yeah.

BTW I'm not saying that makes it a bad thing, in fact it might make a good marketing tie-in. I'm just pointing out the obvious similarity to their convenience store trade dress. (The jersey Razcle just requested, although harkening to the Canada Cup days, is also now - in the guise of white maple leaf with red surround - used by PetroCan.)

Uh... yeah.

BTW I'm not saying that makes it a bad thing, in fact it might make a good marketing tie-in. I'm just pointing out the obvious similarity to their convenience store trade dress. (The jersey Razcle just requested, although harkening to the Canada Cup days, is also now - in the guise of white maple leaf with red surround - used by PetroCan.)

I actually thought it was reminiscent of the CSA logo.

Here's a five-minute stab at it:

Update: Another idea in red.

My%20Jersey%20-%20Red.jpg

this is my favourite so far, reminds me of canada hockey jerseys form the 70's I love it!

I also really like the one with the white base and the maple leaf outline in red.

thescottc, maybe something to spark a creative idea...

we're a hockey country right? how about using commonly used styles found on hockey sweaters on a these shirts? might generate some different concepts.

stripes around the bottom of the shirt (ala Toronto), shoulder/neck being a diff color (san jose or boston use this), name plates with a background (flyers use this)

Archived