New Kit: Think You Can Do Better?

LSM

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I hate to rain on your parade but I don't like it. The looks awkward, apart from the leaf I want more on the jersey than just red.

You want more on the jersey than just red... but then...

I have a question do we have to put the CSA crest on the jersey?

If not, using England's new jersey with an oversize Maple Leaf would be sick.

Doesn't mesh.

I don't get the appeal of the England kit by the way. Even with the little multi-coloured crosses.

I quite like thescottc's two creations with the outline of the maple leaf. Very classy and unique. I also still like the reverse Ajax. Is there potential for a home and away kit in the form of thescottc's proposals and then an alternate kit in the form of the reverse Ajax. We would have to get more matches to warrant it but that might be a good thing.

You want more on the jersey than just red... but then...

Doesn't mesh.

I don't get the appeal of the England kit by the way. Even with the little multi-coloured crosses.

I quite like thescottc's two creations with the outline of the maple leaf. Very classy and unique. I also still like the reverse Ajax. Is there potential for a home and away kit in the form of thescottc's proposals and then an alternate kit in the form of the reverse Ajax. We would have to get more matches to warrant it but that might be a good thing.

I just think that thescottc's jersey won't look good on someone. The way that the the leaf starts and never ends looks weird. I'd like to see more contrast in a Canada jersey.

On the England jersey, I don't get the crosses, but the simple jersey with the logo looks really professional.

I just think that thescottc's jersey won't look good on someone. The way that the the leaf starts and never ends looks weird. I'd like to see more contrast in a Canada jersey.

On the England jersey, I don't get the crosses, but the simple jersey with the logo looks really professional.

Thats the whole point That "the leaf never ends":cool:

Another of the non-symmetrical type here:

My%20Jersey%20-%20White2.jpg

(and for the record I've always loved Soju's rendering too)

And one more variation on the red jersey (no more posts from me tonight - promise!):

My%20Jersey%20-%20Red3.jpg

Amazing.. with the second one you solve the two problems with the jersey while keeping something of the idea ... the thick stripes and the severe V shape need to go ... well done..

I'm not a fan of Canada jerseys with giant maple leaves plastered on them. I want it to look like a jersey not a flag. As an example look at how hockey Canada transitioned away from giant leaf designs to something that now looks like an actual hockey team.

72jerseyfront.JPG

to

tre_sittler01.jpg

to

thumb_4226.jpg

and finally to

Olympic%20Jersey2%20copy.jpg

The leaf is still prominent but it is used more tastefully.

Here's a five-minute stab at it:

My%20Jersey%20-%20White.jpg

Edit: On review of this one, I think a better idea would be to put a number where the white logo is, and put a red CSA logo on the sleeves.

man you are seriously talented...i love both maple leaf versions but for me this one is the most striking....i would mirror it so the maple leaf was above the heart though.

great work...the one they have looks like it was designed by a grade niner in art class....we are so lucky to have the greatest representative graphic of any country on earth....and that V neck thing is what they come up with?...brutal.

anyone remember the old rugby jerseys with the multi-coloured maple leaves falling over the shoulder....didnt exactly inspire fear.

man you are seriously talented...i love both maple leaf versions but for me this one is the most striking....i would mirror it so the maple leaf was above the heart though.

I agree with you on that. Originally I had the CSA logo there, but I moved it over to the sleeve.

I agree with you on that. Originally I had the CSA logo there, but I moved it over to the sleeve.
So clearly as Voyageurs we cant ... use the CSA logo on our own jersey...but take the designs ... replace the CSA logo with the V logo... and you have great jerseys for the Voyageurs.

No tell me Puma would not love to run a set and test market them ... hot stuff.

Yeah. I would simply mirror it so the stripe is on the left and the maple leaf over the heart. I agree that the number on the stripe looks good.

I would buy one of these (or the one in your signature) in a heartbeat. I won't be lining up for the lame v neck ones that's for sure.

• 10 months later...
Simple.

Reverse Ajax in honour of the Maple Leaf. They'd sell quite a few too! Can't fathom why it hasn't happened - after all, we all remember the WCQ 98 kit!

YES! +1

It does seem blindingly obvious it makes one wonder why it has never been done.

Okay boys. Dont want to take this off thread too much. And I dont like to get too involved in MNT stuff (feels a little like interference), but... Its not shirts I have an Issue with its the CSA logo/ badge. It just does not look good on a Soccer Shirt.

If this year Identifies Canadas national Association with a 100 years why do they insist on using a logo that looks like a Bad 1970's after thought? I'm not saying it needs to look really old but to be honest its seems to heve been generated at the time when Juggling Beavers and Rhinos with balls on their horns were all the rage.

Don't mean to offend but...well just saying a classy badge makes the shirt.

Before anyone has a go at the three lions, I personally think the Germans badge is a classic, as well as the scots and the Brazilians etc

Okay boys. Dont want to take this off thread too much. And I dont like to get too involved in MNT stuff (feels a little like interference), but... Its not shirts I have an Issue with its the CSA logo/ badge. It just does not look good on a Soccer Shirt.

If this year Identifies Canadas national Association with a 100 years why do they insist on using a logo that looks like a Bad 1970's after thought? I'm not saying it needs to look really old but to be honest its seems to heve been generated at the time when Juggling Beavers and Rhinos with balls on their horns were all the rage.

Don't mean to offend but...well just saying a classy badge makes the shirt.

Before anyone has a go at the three lions, I personally think the Germans badge is a classic, as well as the scots and the Brazilians etc

There's been no confirmation from Umbro that they'll be using the current logo on the centennial jersey.

I thought Umbro was going to come to us for design ideas? Didn't someone say that way back in an old thread, that opinions were going to be taken on what the centennial kit should look like? Because I think it would be the most popular, and also because I think it looks at least good (still love the white one with the red maple leaf outline), I'd go with the reverse Ajax style. I think it'd be popular as well. Only downside to it would be the Eurosnobs, who would HAVE to point out that it is "simply an Ajax kit in reverse."

Archived