New Kit: Think You Can Do Better?

LSM

Oh look, it is the cheap souvenir Canada badge they sell to tourists at gas stations in Niagra Falls. Sorry that is just so ugly.

And FYI I believe it is Galt, Ontario not "Gault".

Oh good! So 20 mins with the auto cad at lunch can provide me with a commercially viable product, must get myself an application form for dragons den :D

Actually Ted I don't disagree with you. I was rushing to put the elements in a package. Upon reflection I would leave just the Leaf and ball in the white field with the Red bearers either side and Galt 1904 (still think they should be recognised) and have it all in a circle with Canada above the Apex and 1912-2012 below.

Possibly stay clear of the Gold Leaf as well.

Problem I have with the Current Crest is that it reminds me of a pair of washing up gloves sticking out of the top of a stemless brandy Glass..... Over to you Freud!

Where's Strobe_Z when you need him!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh good! So 20 mins with the auto cad at lunch can provide me with a commercially viable product, must get myself an application form for dragons den :D

Actually Ted I don't disagree with you. I was rushing to put the elements in a package. Upon reflection I would leave just the Leaf and ball in the white field with the Red bearers either side and Galt 1904 (still think they should be recognised) and have it all in a circle with Canada above the Apex and 1912-2012 below.

Possibly stay clear of the Gold Leaf as well.

Problem I have with the Current Crest is that it reminds me of a pair of washing up gloves sticking out of the top of a stemless brandy Glass..... Over to you Freud!

Where's Strobe_Z when you need him!

Hahaha... Well said!

I just posted this in the 2012 Jersey thread.... I'd like to see Canada go with the simple old school 'sash' design. Just like the shirts Peru and River Plate of Argentina wear. Peru's new jersey is a perfect example because they are also sponsored by Umbro. The only difference is their home shirt is white and their away is red where ours would be reversed:

http://kaneonlinestore.com/peru-jersey-c-219_579_595.html

Does anyone know if there's an ETA on when we'll get to see the new jerseys? I mean, we're a bit more than two weeks away from 2012 and I've heard squat regarding anything centennial now for so long. I'll try the PR girl that tweets for Umbro Canada tomorrow to see if she can shed any light (highly doubt it but you gotta try).

Are we getting a new kit every year? We'll now have had 4 new kits in 4 years....(or more??)

2013 - the 2012 kit is no longer applicable thus need a new kit and I can't see them going back to the 2011 kit

2012 - anniversary kit

2011 - new umbro kit

2012 - adidas kit complete

2010 - was different with the polka dots wasn't it?

I don't argue, I love that we are getting new kits. I should actually buy one!

Are we getting a new kit every year? We'll now have had 4 new kits in 4 years....(or more??)

2013 - the 2012 kit is no longer applicable thus need a new kit and I can't see them going back to the 2011 kit

2012 - anniversary kit

2011 - new umbro kit

2012 - adidas kit complete

2010 - was different with the polka dots wasn't it?

I don't argue, I love that we are getting new kits. I should actually buy one!

From 2008-2010 we wore the Adidas polka dot ones... we don't change kits that often

Does anyone know if there's an ETA on when we'll get to see the new jerseys? I mean, we're a bit more than two weeks away from 2012 and I've heard squat regarding anything centennial now for so long. I'll try the PR girl that tweets for Umbro Canada tomorrow to see if she can shed any light (highly doubt it but you gotta try).

how did your attempt go?.....

I imagine the kit will be launched in February at the very earliest. More realistically I think the June friendly window is when we'll see it.

Out of curiosity, what's the worst things you guys can think of? Someone mentioned something plain like England, to which someone said they'd like that. For me it would something totally out of character for our country, like horizontal stripes. As well I'd hate to see something that alot of teams do these days and that's a combination of black as the main colour and traditional colours as secondary.

I imagine the kit will be launched in February at the very earliest. More realistically I think the June friendly window is when we'll see it.

Out of curiosity, what's the worst things you guys can think of? Someone mentioned something plain like England, to which someone said they'd like that. For me it would something totally out of character for our country, like horizontal stripes.

USA is going to horizontal stripes next year so I wouldn't want us doing the same.

Archived