Southsiders Section Confirmed at BC Place and Empire

Guest piltdownmanWC

Guest piltdownmanWC

The Southside will live on at both Empire and BC Place.

Following negotiations with the Club, the Southsiders executive board are pleased to confirm a Southside supporters section for MLS.

Full details to follow very soon but we can reveal that all Southsiders members will have an exclusive pre-sale for our section.

If you are not currently a member click HERE sign up asap for 2011 Membership.

2011 Membership will include a new MLS Southsiders scarf, a limited edition 2011 pin, discounts from our partners and member only travel and tickets to away games.

so are the Southsiders now the official Whitecaps 'fanclub'' ?

it seems to me as if you guys guys are becoming Vancouver's version of the Red Patch Boys ....

Seems like a case of penis envy there Joe. Don't worry some just take a bit longer to grow. Here's hoping you have a league to play in next year.

Seems like a case of penis envy there Joe. Don't worry some just take a bit longer to grow. Here's hoping you have a league to play in next year.

haha wow , looks like a hit a nerve there. Was it the RPB comment or is it because you know I'm right.

Anyways , I'm not too worried about next year.

And trust me it's not envy at all , I'd call it disdain. I'm perfectly happy with keeping my credibility as a fan.

^with idiotic comments like these, how do you propose to keep your credibility as a poster on this board, never mind as a fan?

Haha sure , and wile Slamo buddy is throwing out penis insults, why not diss my mom with a good ol' '' Yo mamma joke''....

Anyways , all the best to you guys in the development of your new and improved fan-club. You'll need more fans , especially when the Timbers Army and Emerald City Supporters come in droves to Vancouver....

Haha sure , and wile Slamo buddy is throwing out penis insults, why not diss my mom with a good ol' '' Yo mamma joke''....

Anyways , all the best to you guys in the development of your new and improved fan-club. You'll need more fans , especially when the Timbers Army and Emerald City Supporters come in droves to Vancouver....

You came onto a thread clearly marked for Southsiders to direct a thinly veiled dig at two supporter clubs that you have nothing to do with...now I understand that you probably thought you were being witty and trying to "push buttons" but ultimately this is just a manifestation of your inferiority complex. Your club is essentially insignificant for the coming year and this bugs you deeply. We all know that with the growth of the clubs, or in your case team, there will be some “plastic” fans; something we will all need to get used to...yourself included. However, you feel the need, perhaps even desire, to come here to express that...ask yourself why?

Generally, inferiority complex stems from one or more of three things in the male of the human species.

Clearly you are not stupid as, despite your attempts at belittling other supporters to be childlike and immature, it does show some foresight indicating you are at a level of functioning at least slightly above the average person. I have no way to know if your are horribly ugly or disfigured but this is less of a factor as has been in the past due to larger population in the human race allowing even ugly people to find mates. So, this leads to only one reasonable explanation: you have a tiny tiny penis. My suggestion to you is to learn to use your tongue.

As far as mother jokes go: being as the nut doesn’t fall too far from the tree, so to speak, I am sure your mother has endured enough without having jokes instigated at her expense. All the best to you and your team; wherever you end up I am sure the season will be exciting.

You came onto a thread clearly marked for Southsiders to direct a thinly veiled dig at two supporter clubs that you have nothing to do with...now I understand that you probably thought you were being witty and trying to "push buttons" but ultimately this is just a manifestation of your inferiority complex. Your club is essentially insignificant for the coming year and this bugs you deeply. We all know that with the growth of the clubs, or in your case team, there will be some “plastic” fans; something we will all need to get used to...yourself included. However, you feel the need, perhaps even desire, to come here to express that...ask yourself why?

Generally, inferiority complex stems from one or more of three things in the male of the human species.

Clearly you are not stupid as, despite your attempts at belittling other supporters to be childlike and immature, it does show some foresight indicating you are at a level of functioning at least slightly above the average person. I have no way to know if your are horribly ugly or disfigured but this is less of a factor as has been in the past due to larger population in the human race allowing even ugly people to find mates. So, this leads to only one reasonable explanation: you have a tiny tiny penis. My suggestion to you is to learn to use your tongue.

As far as mother jokes go: being as the nut doesn’t fall too far from the tree, so to speak, I am sure your mother has endured enough without having jokes instigated at her expense. All the best to you and your team; wherever you end up I am sure the season will be exciting.

Haha , you guys are testy. I did want to push buttons and I obviously did. Nothing more than that .*Make all the laughable assertions you want about my genitalia ,I could care less.

And now for something completely different...

Geez every time I see Empire Stadium I think what a shame it'll be when they take that place down. I mean it seems to have such a classic English soccer stadium look to it with the post-supported roofs. It should be a great setting for First Kick.

Probably won't get into BC place until playoff time, assuming we make it to the playoffs, and yes it does seem that the Southsiders are going to be the supporter group "poster boy" lets just hope they can get more then 200 people to a game and actually fill the sections allotted.

Don't get me wrong… they're a good supporters group, but they definitely lack the numbers that the Timbers and Sounders groups have, that may be a problem for them going forward. Lets just hope they can recruit some decent heckling talent, and please don't merge up with those pseudo-biker-skin-heads that are always behind the goal aswell, are they Southsiders too? They get too drunk to fast and all but slur out they're heckling and its not very good either, embarrassing.

Haha , you guys are testy. I did want to push buttons and I obviously did. Nothing more than that .*Make all the laughable assertions you want about my genitalia ,I could care less.

Hey Joepaco,

Forget those Fancy Dan Caps fans with their new MLS freinds and superior airs and graces.

We'll happily welcome you back to the Big Country to Play lil'old Edmonton again.

After all the record will always state that in FC Edmontons first official game they kicked MI butt!

Hey Tuscan agee with you on look of Empire Park. Looks very much like Old Trafford cicra 1945 -after Uwe Rösler Grandad had finished with it! that is!

If you, or any body else, is intrested in English Football stadium architecture I would read up on Archibold Leach who was responsible for designing Villa Park, Goodison and Ibrox to namebut three.

(Be sure to refrence architecture in your search or you'll end up on Cary Grant/ Doris Day websites-eek! )

wow - just scanned that southsiders thread - wow there are some pissed off people, people on whose backs the club was planning to build one the better atmospheres/clubs in the league

this is a bad start - a really bad start

the FO have evidently been counting on cashing in on TFC/sounders part deux and it ain't gonna happen - this is a city of asian immigrants (my wife included) and old yuppies (neither group caring much about domestic football) and is a far cry for toronto - they just priced most of the suburbs out of the equation to boot

they will have to bring in a ronaldinho to make up for this blunder - and even a name like that won't make a single difference to the true fans of this team or the people who know better

I've got a bad feeling about this...

wow - just scanned that southsiders thread - wow there are some pissed off people, people on whose backs the club was planning to build one the better atmospheres/clubs in the league

I've got a bad feeling about this...

To help with some positive thinking...

post-4137-139465253082_thumb.jpg This is Empire 2010....

post-4137-139465253084_thumb.jpg This is the Theatre of Dreams (Old Trafford) in 1922

As that guy from the other end of the East Lanks road said, "Imagine";)

Have to agree with my friend Jeffrey on this. A few months ago I might have agreed with some of the contentions in the article about how well the Caps were run. The last couple of months, however, have seen a number of steps taken by the team that seem to be in the wrong direction. Also a lot of these moves occured not long after the arrival of Paul Barber so I wonder if the hiring of an EPL exec was such a good move as we originally thought. Anyway a bit worrying that after some poor decisions by the Caps we get a propaganda article about how great their organization is. The funny thing is that it also compares the organization to the disarray of TFC just when I am starting to get the impression that MLSE might be starting to get their act together regarding TFC.

There is a CP article out today on how the Caps are a model of consensus and ever so innovative in everything, which is pure spìn that they got some reporter to puke out over the wires. I reacted to it on the Yahoo page, what garbage.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mls/news?slug=capress-soc_mls_whitecaps_making_decisions-5075931

The only thing I don't agree with is the jersey comment. I think it looks nice.

At this point, the hysteria over the ticketing issue is bordering on the ridiculous. A week ago, everybody agreed that the 'Caps were doing everything right, on and off the field. Because a few dozen people with a sense of entitlement are disappointed that reality has come to their land of delusion (seriously, read the ticket reaction thread on the Southsiders' forum), all of a sudden Barber, Lennarduzzi, and the entire FO are greedy incompetents who are hell bent on ruining the team.

There are thousands of people in Vancouver are more than happy with the ticket pricing and are greatly anticipating the start of MLS. I know people in Vancouver who stood on the Kop at Anfield in the '70s, cut their teeth at Parkhead during Old Firm derbies, and played in the old Yugoslavian first division. These people won't need the Southsiders to 'teach' them how to attend a football match properly.

The Southsiders need to realise that they represent a mere drop in the water of the football loving community in Vancouver. If they want to sit behind the goal, that's great. They'll have to pay the set rate. If they don't want to pay that price, they can move to the corner or stop attending. There will be another person ready to take their seat whatever decision they make. It'll be sad if they decide to move on, but the club will survive and thrive. Bashing the one man who has ensured pro soccer has survived in Vancouver for the past 20 years isn't going to change that or win them many friends in the broader Vancouver sports community.

(and for the record, I and many others - the majority, I would guess - rather like the kit and badge.)

These people won't need the Southsiders to 'teach' them how to attend a football match properly.

The Southsiders need to realise that they represent a mere drop in the water of the football loving community in Vancouver. If they want to sit behind the goal, that's great. They'll have to pay the set rate. If they don't want to pay that price, they can move to the corner or stop attending. There will be another person ready to take their seat whatever decision they make. It'll be sad if they decide to move on, but the club will survive and thrive. Bashing the one man who has ensured pro soccer has survived in Vancouver for the past 20 years isn't going to change that or win them many friends in the broader Vancouver sports community.

(and for the record, I and many others - the majority, I would guess - rather like the kit and badge.)

Agree totally, I was really surprised to read on the Southsider forums that they were going to be the ones to "teach" the rest of us "plastics" how to be supporters. It would be sad to see them go but they may get really big in the next couple of years, but they need to be better organised and have better representation amongst the community for that to happen in my opinion.

This assertion is dubious at best. I suspect there will be significant problems filling the ground on a consistent basis unless the club dominates the league. I know, without a doubt, that even with sellouts, and every Southsider feeling content, we will struggle to match the atmosphere in BMO, much less Anfield.

The only thing I don't agree with is the jersey comment. I think it looks nice.

I wore my older all blue one this weekend coaching my u-12 team, now that looks nice. I looked so nice in it I was red-carded, seriously, my first red as a coach. The ref just let the other team kick the hell out of my boys and I was not going to shut up about it.

I will wait for a better version of the MLS Caps shirt before I buy one. Give em a year to sort it out.

Archived