EPL TV coverage

elricko

From what I've read. No.

I've read that TSN2 will get the Saturday early game and the Monday night game. Setanta takes back the Score's Sunday game. Sportsnet One (the new channel that will be launched this weekend) will get the Saturday late game.

I would say it is indeed better coverage. Some weekends, there will be 4 games on the main sports channels compared to the 2 we got each and every week last season.

I loved the Score's coverage - thought those guys were insightful, classic coverage in many ways and not too cheesily North American.

Are these new channels available in the regular extended cable (100 ish channels) or do I need to pay more, I wonder?

The talent on The Score was great - but I certainly won't miss that awful ticker than ran along the bottom of the screen for the entire game. Not having to watch that ticker is reason enough to celebrate that the Sunday games will now be on a real channel.

Does anyone know if SHAW is going to pick up "SPORTSNET ONE " ?

I have called them 3 times already this week and they say they are still 'in negotiations'. People need to call and pressure shaw or this isn't going to happen until the hockey season starts.

I spoke with people at Shaw and it seems that they are in negotiations to get SN1. Now that the Blue Jay games are least in part on SN1 there is more necessity for Shaw to get the channel. The customer service rep I spoke to was quite confident that Shaw would have SN1 by the end of August.

Yeah, I'm choked about SN1, Shaw better get there act in gear I'm not willing to miss 13 Canuck games, 25 Jays games, and 30 EPL games, thats just unacceptable.

I will drop Shaw for whoever in BC gets it, very swiftly if it isn't available by the NHL season, except you can't get Rogers in BC or the Lowermainland at least, and so far there the exclusive holders of it.

Sure Shaw should pick up Sportsnet 1, but that channel is one of the most blatant cash grabs I’ve ever seen. I hate Sportsnet and this is making it worse. When I heard about it I assumed it would be akin to TSN2. But in reality it’s the main Sportsnet station. They’re putting all of the top programming on it right now and there’s next to nothing on their FOUR regional channels.

I don’t like the Blue Jays, but I can’t imagine how I’d feel if I had four Sportsnet channels (which I do) and was told I needed to buy a fifth Sportsnet channel to watch one of their biggest properties — the Jays.

They don’t have enough programming for four channels, why in the hell did the CRTC give them a fifth channel?

cheers,

matthew

Me, my hand is up ...I came here 36 years ago during those rotten barren years.............it just sucked so much more in those days.

While most every other country goes forward and improves , Canada goes where....can someone answer that ?

Me too. Grew up watching "Soccer Made in Germany" right after Monty Python every Sunday night on PBS. My first exposure to German soccer, especially to Bayern Munich, FC Cologne, and Borussia Moechengladbach. Then a few years later, the CSL on TSN.

Why does most country improve faster than Canada? That's a loaded question. On a TSN documentary, former WC coach Tony Waiters summed it up (paraphrased) this way: "... for years, the amateurs ran soccer in this country." The truth is, globally, soccer has become more professional (clubs, TV, leagues, elite players) while in Canada had a tough time changing to a professional mentality. If Canadian Olympic hockey had to change in 1994 to include mainly professionals (NHL stars), our soccer programs must strive to do the same -- be professional and high standard. I believe we are heading in that right direction, albeit too slowly for most of us. If only the provinces would allow the necessary changes in the CSA structure to help in our `World Cup/elite development.

Heads up that in vancouver as of tonight I am getting setanta for free for some reason - they are showing some matches tomorrow including stoke tottenham. Must be a promo type thing but since I have just extended cable with shaw (and not some premium pack) I am guessing that others must have some extra footy this weekend too.

Heads up that in vancouver as of tonight I am getting setanta for free for some reason - they are showing some matches tomorrow including stoke tottenham. Must be a promo type thing but since I have just extended cable with shaw (and not some premium pack) I am guessing that others must have some extra footy this weekend too.

MTS TV here in Winnipeg seems to be offering Setanta free for the time being as well. Channel 40.

Setanta is having a promo for the rest of Aug I believe. They usually do it this time of year. I actually purchased an online subscription to Setanta, mainly for their EPL coverage but they have raised their price from $14.99 to $16.99 per month. Considering I can't watch west ham play today, I don't like that. Does anyone have experience with http://www.premierleaguelive.tv? Apparently its $15 a month and they cover EVERY epl game. I'm thinking of switching. Not as if west ham will go far in carling/FA cup anyways

According to the Sportsnet One site, a company called "CABLECABLE " will be carrying their channel...does anyone know where that is available.

I am so frickin' mad ,as I missed seeing Chelsea win 6-0 again this weekend...........my daughter is ditching her Rogers cellphone...I ask everybody here ( all 17 of us ) to boycott Rogers..the greedy bast***s !!

Setanta is having a promo for the rest of Aug I believe. They usually do it this time of year. I actually purchased an online subscription to Setanta, mainly for their EPL coverage but they have raised their price from $14.99 to $16.99 per month. Considering I can't watch west ham play today, I don't like that. Does anyone have experience with http://www.premierleaguelive.tv? Apparently its $15 a month and they cover EVERY epl game. I'm thinking of switching. Not as if west ham will go far in carling/FA cup anyways

Setanta was on FREE PREVIEW until today I believe.

Also, I believe the premierleaguelive.tv thing is free for the first month or something like that.

Cheers,

Regs.

Archived