Roster for Peru/Honduras

Obinna

I expect to see a mix of European and NA players. Obviously players such as Hutchinson, Jackson and Klukowski would be good call-ups, but I expect to see de Guzman, DeRo and Jakovic in our line-up. Moreover, I would be shocked if Attakora doesn't get called up. We've seen enough of Richard Hastings, thank you very much.

Yes... it's about time we start our wildly inaccurate roster speculations isn't it?

Allow me to begin the folly:

I think that given that the last two squads were an absolute mish-mash to confuse even the most savvy Voyageurs, Hart will likely aim for something more cohesive. Call 18 or 21 players at most and try devote a bit more playing time to the key assets.

Toronto MB's Wish-List for PER/HON Roster:

-------------------Hirschfeld---------------------

Straith-----Jakovic-------McKenna---Klukowski

------------De Guzman-Peters------------------

Hutchinson-------De Rosario----------Simpson

---------------------Friend------------------------

Subs:

Wagenaar

Al Shaibani

Hainault

Edgar

Sidra

De Jong

Pacheco

Johnson

Hume

Jackson

Miracle Picks:

Hoillett

Jono De Guzman

^I'm a bit surprised by your exclusion of Attakora, given the location of our games. I do like your formation, though - I'm a fan of the 4-2-3-1.

Hainault - Cann - Edgar - Attakora all seem relatively interchangeable in terms of skill and pedigree at this point. I would be happy to take a look at any from this group.

I would give a try at Nana and Cann in the middle. So this would be my lineup:

Lars

Straith---Cann---Nana---Kluka

---------JDG--------Bernier-----

Johnson-----Hutchinson---DeRo

-----------Friend----------------

Bench:

Wagenaar

Edgar

Jakovic

Peters

Jackson

Mckenna

Simpson

Lars

Bench:

Wagenaar

Edgar

Jakovic

Peters

Jackson

Mckenna

Simpson

^ I recollect Caan being killed by speed at the international level, but perhaps you saw it differently. I would go with Jakovic teamed with Attakora and am not sold on Bernier as d/mid. Put DeRo on the left, Johnson beside JDG replacing Bernier and Simpson on the right.

is ali gerba still part of the "team" or because he had a conflict with TFC it means that he also has a conflict with the CSA? Also, id like to see bunberry on the team. I think among Jono and hoilett he is the most likely to suit up for canada.

If Ali scores goals with MTl I wouldn't have a problem with him being included in the squad but playing D2 soccer in NA isn't quite the level Hart wants to see his players in.

You know quite clearly that if he wasn't included in the last trip it was because he was without a club. His problems with TFC aren't revelant to his selection.

18 Man roster:

-----------------Hirschfeld--------------------

Hutch-----De Guzman---Pacheco-----Simpson

-----------De Rosario----Hoillett--------------

Subs:

Al Shabani

Nana

Edgar

De Jong

Johnson

Friend

Jackson

If Ali scores goals with MTl I wouldn't have a problem with him being included in the squad but playing D2 soccer in NA isn't quite the level Hart wants to see his players in.

You know quite clearly that if he wasn't included in the last trip it was because he was without a club. His problems with TFC aren't revelant to his selection.

i agree that D2 isnt a good selling point of AG but he always played very well for canada.

Nice wish list Toronto MB (especially the miracle picks)

This is mine:

-------------------Peru--------------------------------------------honduras--------------------

-------------------Lars----------------------------------------------Al Shaibani--------------------------

Straith----Attakora---Cann----Kulkowski---------Sidra----Mckenna--Jakovic----De Jong

---------De Guz-------Hutch---------------------------------De Guz-----Hutch----------------

Peters---------De Rosario------Simpson---------Hoillet---------Pacheco-------Hume

--------------Friend------------------------------------------------Friend---------------------

Subs for Peru: Hoillet for Peters, Johnson for De Guzman, Edgar for Cann, Haber for Friend,

Subs for Honduras: Jackson for Hoillet, Bunbury for Hume, Johnson for Hutchinson, De Rosario for Pacheco

18 Man roster:

Subs:

Al Shabani

Nana

Edgar

De Jong

Johnson

Friend

Jackson

thats a pretty solid starting 11

Lars

Bench:

Wagenaar

Edgar

Jakovic

Peters

Jackson

Mckenna

Simpson

That looks like a solid starting XI to me, both in terms of personnel and formation. About the only change I would make is to put DeRo in the middle.

thats a pretty solid starting 11

Ya know, i just realized i forgot about Radzinski. I'd have him in place of Simpson on the left, or put him on the right and have Hutch move into Pachecos spot. Or if Hoilett doesn't show, have him up top with DeRo.

It'll be up to him, he has had his PT limited by the club so that he doesn't wear down over the course of the season in his old age (he turns 37 in December). If he feels up to it i think we should call him up, especially if the Qualifying reforms go through and we're at it for real come next Fall.

Hirschfeld

Stalteri........Jackovic.......Mckenna.........Klukowski

Hoillet.........De Guzman.......Hutch..........DeRo

.................. Jackson

..................................Friend

Subs: Al Shaibani, Peters, Johnson, Attakora, Bunbury, Straith, Simpson

I would love to see a new right back emerge but we all know that stalteri will be breaking the caps record by appearing in this one.

18 Man roster:

Subs:

Al Shabani

Nana

Edgar

De Jong

Johnson

Friend

Jackson

Throw Hume and Bunbury in and you have my vote.

Here's my preliminary roster, won't bother doing a formation. I'm sure it will change quite a bit once it gets closer to the games and once the European leagues start up again.

F

Dwayne De Rosario

Tomasz Radzinski

Rob Friend

Simeon Jackson

Teal Bunbury

M

Atiba Hutchinson

Will Johnson

Junior Hoilett

Jaime Peters

Luca Bellisomo