Roster for Peru/Honduras

Obinna

I'm curious to see which newbies from the past year left enough of an impression to get the call for these two matches. Not sure how they'll be placed on the field formation-wise, but I don't see Hart making a major departure from what he has used in past GCs.

Here's my preliminary roster, won't bother doing a formation. I'm sure it will change quite a bit once it gets closer to the games and once the European leagues start up again.

F

Dwayne De Rosario

Tomasz Radzinski

Rob Friend

Simeon Jackson

Teal Bunbury

M

Atiba Hutchinson

Will Johnson

Junior Hoilett

Jaime Peters

Luca Bellisomo

Josh Simpson

Phillipe Davies

D

Mike Klukowski

Kevin McKenna

David Edgar

Andrew Hainault

Marcel De Jong

Nana Attakora

Adam Straith

G

Lars Hirschfeld

Pat Onstad

Jordan Santiago

De Guzman has to be there doesn't he? I'm all for going young but the call-ups have to be on merit, that's the only way to build competition for jobs. Maybe you think De Guzman's play has dropped off, which is true I think, but he's still an automatic starter for me. Dropping him for Luca Bellissimo or Phillipe Davies or Jaime Peters doesn't help us build for this cycle. Meanwhile I agree that Nana and Straith deserve the call and some minutes as well. Let the young ones play when they have earned it. I'm not picking on you just quoted your post because it fit my point.

Hirschfeld

Stalteri........Jackovic.......Mckenna.........Klukowski

Hoillet.........De Guzman.......Hutch..........DeRo

.................. Jackson

..................................Friend

Subs: Al Shaibani, Peters, Johnson, Attakora, Bunbury, Straith, Simpson

I would love to see a new right back emerge but we all know that stalteri will be breaking the caps record by appearing in this one.

Add Hume, Hainault, Pacheco, De Jong, Bernier and that is my ideal roster

Starting XI

---------------Hirschfeld-------------------

Straith----Jakovic----McKenna----Klukowski

------------------JDG----------------------

-------Hutchinson----Simpson--------------

-----------------DeRo----------------------

-----------Hoilett----Friend-----------------

Subs (1 GK - 3 DF - 2 DM - 1 AM - 3 FW)

Al-Shaïbani

Edgar

Attakora

De Jong

Pacheco

Bernier

Johnson

Jackson

Bunbury

Hume

...for a total of 21 call-ups.

I'd start Lars, but I'd also like to see more of Al-Shaïbani. I say start Lars for the Peru game and Haidar for the Honduras game as I'd really like to see what he's capable of in person. :P Maybe call Joshua once again but if they don't, it won't bother me really. IMO, at the moment, the job is still Lars' to lose and Haidar's to win (longshot).

Anyone dare to give Edgar a try in the starting XI if he ever gets decent playing time in Clarets land (4 games IIRC before the Peru game) ? The problem is McKenna is too safe a bet at CB compared to him if we want to start building a stable base on which to build the rest, especially with two youngsters on the right side (as I see it). Cann ? Mmmmmm... not sure. Attakora for his part is only 21. Cann is neither young nor a stabilizing, reassuring vet at the international level à la Kluko (at least according to our own Canadian definition of stabilizing vet), so he's not on top of my list. Well actually he's not on my list at all. Oh and no Stalteri and/or Hastings. Please.

JDG is a lock, no need to elaborate. I want Simpson on the left wing and because of that, depending on what your lineup is, there's a good chance Hutch finds himself on the right wing. If Hart takes DeRo out, I would then move him to SS. Pacheco should be there with Bernier the vet if *cough* *cough* we are leading in the 2nd half. I'm not sold yet about Peters (nor I will ever be the way it's going) but Johnson has potential.

As for the forwards, nothing really to add as about everyone here agree on the same names (Friend, Hoilett, Jackson, Bunbury). Except for Hume, time to put his name on the goal summary. But if he doesn't get the call, I won't complain either. The first four are currently the most important ones to give playing time to.

Archived