Argentina vs. Canada - May 24, 2010 - Viewing Parties

El Hombre

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I'll be in Kingston for this one. Have you found out yet if the Toucan is playing the game? The Duke on Wellington is another option.

Emailed the Toucan they haven't gotten back to me...

^ Looks like there'll be close to 20+ @ the venue! Thanks to everyone for planning to be there. I'll have line-up sheets and everything.

Please bring scarves and wear your red Canada gear. We're still trying to arrange something with the Molson rep, so you never know.

Looks like rain for the weekend; let's get everyone there!

I think we'll be another 4.

Thanks for doing the leg-work, Jake. It's small steps, but one day maybe there will be an avalanche of support!

Canada is playing Maradona's Argentina! And he's CRAAAAZY!!!

Who in Montreal is going to come to Frappe for the game? So far only Lord Bob has mentioned that he is attending.

For some reason I thought that the final venue was @ the other place that someone posted ealier in this thread... If there are some Vs at Frappé I will definitely come, to meet up with some of you.

For some reason I thought that the final venue was @ the other place that someone posted ealier in this thread... If there are some Vs at Frappé I will definitely come, to meet up with some of you.

I don't think anyone posted another venue suggestion for Montreal. I think you might be getting mixed up with a venue posted for another city. Regardless we will be at Frappe so it would be good if you can come. As frustrating as it is when bars don't want to show Canada games we also need to get people out when they are willing to show them. I am just getting a bit nervous that not many will be there since unlike in some of the other cities noone has been posting that they are coming so it would be good if those who can come post it. Last time we watched a Canada game in Montreal (also at Frappe) there were about 8 or 10 of us which is at least decent.

I don't think anyone posted another venue suggestion for Montreal. I think you might be getting mixed up with a venue posted for another city. Regardless we will be at Frappe so it would be good if you can come. As frustrating as it is when bars don't want to show Canada games we also need to get people out when they are willing to show them. I am just getting a bit nervous that not many will be there since unlike in some of the other cities noone has been posting that they are coming so it would be good if those who can come post it. Last time we watched a Canada game in Montreal (also at Frappe) there were about 8 or 10 of us which is at least decent.

Yes this guy Neil http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?39761-Argentina-vs.-Canada-May-24-2010-Viewing-Parties&p=351752&viewfull=1#post351752

I'll try to bring a buddy of mine if possible

OK, I missed that. Cool on the Old Orchard for showing it and it is a decent pub but it is not the official Voyageurs meeting spot and we definitely don't have the numbers that we can afford to split up into several venues. Anyone in doubt of the official Voyageurs viewing party venues for the game in their city should check the first post of this thread where El Hombre is updating the confirmed and pending venues for each city: http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?39761-Argentina-vs.-Canada-May-24-2010-Viewing-Parties&p=350780&viewfull=1#post350780

I think we'll be another 4.

Thanks for doing the leg-work, Jake. It's small steps, but one day maybe there will be an avalanche of support!

Canada is playing Maradona's Argentina! And he's CRAAAAZY!!!

Thanks for bringing in another 4! You're right, eventually there'll be an avalanche; unfortunately it'll be in 2014 when Canada makes it to Brazil.

That's when everyone at Buccacino's will say: " I've always known they'd make it. Remember when we showed up at Buccacino's in 2010 ..."

Our goal is to raise our numbers for these events to 50 or so. Since Winnipeg doesn't have a pro club at a Division 1 or 2 level, it's a bit of a challenge to get to the numbers of the Voyageurs in Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver. I hope they get 50-100 each for the match.

And yes Maradona is CRAZY. He's planning 3 up front; we'll see!

Thanks for bringing in another 4! You're right, eventually there'll be an avalanche; unfortunately it'll be in 2014 when Canada makes it to Brazil.

That's when everyone at Buccacino's will say: " I've always known they'd make it. Remember when we showed up at Buccacino's in 2010 ..."

Our goal is to raise our numbers for these events to 50 or so. Since Winnipeg doesn't have a pro club at a Division 1 or 2 level, it's a bit of a challenge to get to the numbers of the Voyageurs in Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver. I hope they get 50-100 each for the match.

And yes Maradona is CRAZY. He's planning 3 up front; we'll see!

I will be there with 2 or 3 others.

Tuscan, Im down for Winstons but there will most likely be hockey in which case we get one of the smaller TVs or we hit up sportsontap.. whichever

I just looked the hockey game is at 7pm est time

Im down for Winstons (saskatoon)

Ill be downtown today i could stop by there and set something up for the game

Jordan

we should exchange emails or does Tuscan (jeff) have your contact info

For the Victorians, I just asked at The Podium (Yates between Govt and Wharf) and they said they'd put the game on with sound. They've got a ton of TVs and are sports-focused. (And have beer specials daily.)

I'm going to give it a try. I was left less than impressed with the Bard and Banker putting us on one TV with no sound last year.

Who in Montreal is going to come to Frappe for the game? So far only Lord Bob has mentioned that he is attending.

Actually, Lord Bob is out: his flight arrives later than he thought it did so he'll be on the plane for the game.

Looks like I'll be in Kingston for this one. Have you found out yet if the Toucan is playing the game? The Duke on Wellington is another option.

So what do you think? You gonna head down to the Toucan this afternoon?

Stu, my man, I'm there with bells on. Oranje, you in?

Hey Cooks, I'm in if you're in.

Looks like it's just the two of us again, (quite pathetic when you think about it!!)

I'll have to check with the Pub to see if they're showing the game and if they'll actually have the volume on instead of music.

I will get back to you when I find out.

Archived