Argentina vs. Canada - May 24, 2010 - Viewing Parties

El Hombre

Vancouverites:

Haven't heard back yet from Library Square, but it's probably a no-go, as England are playing a match at the same time.

Still waiting to hear back from the Donnelly chain of pubs (who own Library Square), as they might be willing to show it at one of their other pubs.

If anyone can secure a Vancouver venue that will definitely show the match, please make yourself heard!

Will you set foot east of Main if I guarantee your safety? I'm pretty sure Abruzzo will show it if we ask.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will you set foot east of Main if I guarantee your safety? I'm pretty sure Abruzzo will show it if we ask.

LOL! I seem to remember Boundary Road being the demarcation that I was *****ing about months back, whereas everyone else seems to think that I have a phobia of East Van. I was actually raised in that squalid part of town! ;)

Seriously though, if you can get us a venue that will commit, go for it. Just make sure there aren't any Italy or Portugal friendlies that might bump us out the moment we arrive at the venue.

WINNIPEG VENUE CHANGE - Buccacino's Cucina Italiana 155 Osborne St.

In light of many restaurants & pubs being closed on a Victoria Day Monday, I have arranged to have a section of Buccacino's

to have a large projection screen available for the Argentina match. Since many have expressed to have it at a kid-friendly place,

Buccacino's will have food and drink to accommodate footie fans of all ages.

I'll have the venue finalized by this Thursday. The restaurant owner is also arranging something with the Molson rep, so it'll likely be there.

Let me know those who can make it, as we hope to have large numbers. Thanks!

http://www.google.ca/mapdata?CxXJE_kCHVquNfogDwxAjgJIuQFSAkNBkAECygECZW4

I may be able to make it, but if the weather holds the more likely scenario is that I will be camping. This is literally a two minute walk from where I live so I have no excuse if I'm in town.

Alright, everything's confirmed with the Georgetown. They're pretty laid back so they said I could steal a TV. So all you Ottawa Vees should come out, even if you don't post that much.

I'll probably be there early to grab a table or two. If there's nothing else being shown, I'll grab the big screen, if not it'll probably be around on the other side of the bar. Don't be shy.

I'll be there scarfed and shirted with a couple of friends. I am searching the back of my mind for some chants...

He's Big! He's Red. His feet stick out the bed. Robby Friend .. Robby Friend

Gawd, deja vu all over again.

The number of times, i have had to look elsewhere, or move to a sh&%$y room upstairs because of some second rate English match was on at the same time as the Canada match.

Aaaargh!

Yes this is something we really have to change in this country as well. This is Canada and we need to have both the stadiums and bars here as home grounds for our national team.

I may be able to make it, but if the weather holds the more likely scenario is that I will be camping. This is literally a two minute walk from where I live so I have no excuse if I'm in town.

The forecast for Sunday is RAIN , so ... hope to see you on Monday ! Besides might as well be in town before noon on Monday and beat the rush from the lake/beach/cottage in the afternoon.

Do you know if you're going to be there? I think my brother could be there, so it would be the largest contingent of Kingston Voyageurs ever... 3

Looks like I'll be in Kingston for this one. Have you found out yet if the Toucan is playing the game? The Duke on Wellington is another option.

Vancouverites:

Just spoke with Abruzzo Cappuccino Bar on Commercial Drive, and they said that they have four TVs, so they could show the match.

I mentioned England vs. Mexico at 12:00pm, asked them which game would have the sound played, and unfortunately received a non-committal answer.

So... let's wait for Mass to hear back from the Donnelly Group, and if they can't give us a pub, then I suggest we go to Abruzzo.

^Is the England match free? If not, he won't show it unless people pony up a tenner -which is good for those of us who like sound. That's how it's been in the past anyway. Avanti's is also an option for those of us who like to have a pint on Monday morning. The old Kitsilano Billiards is also a good spot for Canada, with beer.

Done. Cinema Public House it is. 901 Granville Street (at Smithe). See all of you Vancouver Voyageurs there for kick-off on Monday at 12:30 pm.

Sounds good. I'll have to leave from my fishing trip pretty early to make it back in time but will try.

Winnipeg venue is confirmed:

Buccacino's (155 Osborne St.) will have a section of its establishment available for THE VOYAGEURS and their guests. Game time is 2:30 pm, but I'd suggest getting there earlier for better seating. Food, beer on tap are available. The venue is family-friendly, so it'll be a perfect place to cap a Victoria Day weekend.

Please let me know if you can make it. The Winnipeg Voyageurs record is 35 in attendance (2007 Gold Cup, USA-Canada). Let's break it!

Thanks for organizing Jake. Put me down as a strong probable. I'll try to remember to bring programmes from my September trip (Newcastle vs. QPR; QPR vs. Barnsley - Iain Hume played for Barnsley).

Hey there dsqpr! Haven't seen you here for a bit! Enjoy the game, hopefully we'll see you down here for the September match and we can talk some QPR! Seems like there are no viewing parties in Hamilton for Mondays' match!

Winnipeg venue is confirmed:

Buccacino's (155 Osborne St.) will have a section of its establishment available for THE VOYAGEURS and their guests. Game time is 2:30 pm, but I'd suggest getting there earlier for better seating. Food, beer on tap are available. The venue is family-friendly, so it'll be a perfect place to cap a Victoria Day weekend.

Please let me know if you can make it. The Winnipeg Voyageurs record is 35 in attendance (2007 Gold Cup, USA-Canada). Let's break it!

I'll be there, although I haven't watched much football this year and will be even more uninformed than the Gold Cup last year. If I can, I may convince a couple friends to come along and get their feet wet when it comes to the National Team.

Thanks for putting this together.

^ Looks like there'll be close to 20+ @ the venue! Thanks to everyone for planning to be there. I'll have line-up sheets and everything.

Please bring scarves and wear your red Canada gear. We're still trying to arrange something with the Molson rep, so you never know.

Looks like rain for the weekend; let's get everyone there!

Archived